Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aston Martin V12 Vanquish S 2004-2007

Aston Martin V12 Vanquish S 2004-2007

New V12 Vanquish S: the fastest ever Aston Martin
    23 September 2004

With a maximum speed in excess of 200mph (320 km/h) and a 6.0 litre V12 engine developing 520 horsepower, the Vanquish S has been designed to deliver even greater performance, complemented by subtle suspension and steering changes and a number of interior and external style revisions.

“The Vanquish is our flagship model and the standard 460bhp will continue to be built,” said Aston Martin CEO, Dr Ulrich Bez. “However, this derivative makes the car even more exceptional. The latest Vanquish S is not only the fastest Aston Martin ever, but it is the best handling too. It is the ultimate high-performance Aston Martin.”

The Vanquish S has received subtle but effective changes to complement its elegant muscular body. The famous Aston Martin grille has a new rounded and more open appearance for better cooling, and an aerodynamic splitter improves high-speed stability.

At the rear, a redesigned boot lid featuring a new high mounted stop lamp reduces lift and improves balance and stability, helping to achieve an impressive Cd figure of 0.32.

These differences on the Vanquish S not only improve the appearance but also enhance performance. All the exterior body panels are constructed from aluminium with each individual panel hand tailored to the central structure to ensure a perfect panel fit. Every carefully detailed feature provides graphic evidence of the painstaking craftsmanship and quality, which is invested in its construction at Aston Martin’s Newport Pagnell site in Buckinghamshire.

Revised steering geometry provides a 20% quicker response, allowing the driver to apply a reduced input for required steering response. This enables the driver to be more precise with inputs - especially on winding roads - and more accurate feedback from the chassis.

The Sports Dynamics suspension, steering and braking package is now standard on the Vanquish S. This includes stiffer springs and dampers and shorter steering arms.

The brakes have been upgraded to incorporate larger six piston calipers and larger grooved and ventilated front discs. The rear discs are 2mm wider for improved heat dissipation. The use of floating discs ensures the driver has consistent pedal feel under heavy braking whilst a new brake pedal assembly reduces travel and enhances pedal feel.

Further development of Aston Martin’s low emissions, all alloy, quad-overhead camshaft, 48 valve, 6.0-litre V12 engine has generated an increase in power from 460 bhp to 520 bhp and torque is boosted to 425 lb ft (577 Nm).

Engine enhancements include new cylinder heads with fully machined inlet ports and combustion chambers to improve airflow, revised engine mapping and new fuel injectors.

The overall interior design is a subtle blend of traditional, classic and modern materials with Bridge of Weir leather upholstery matched to contemporary metal interior fittings and finishes. A number of detailed improvements have been made to the interior of the Vanquish S to enhance the overall appeal.

The luxurious but purposeful two seat or optional 2+2 cabin now features supportive all leather trimmed sports seats with many additional and exquisite detail touches which amply demonstrate the truly special nature of this unique hand crafted sports car.

“The Vanquish S V12 is a combination of state-of-the-art aerospace technology and hand craftsmanship,” said Dr Bez. “It is the flagship model of a confident and growing company that is proud to display its heritage but is also determined to make the most technologically modern and inspirational sports cars in the world.”

Illustrating Aston Martin’s continuing commitment to customer care Vanquish S customers will be eligible for a complimentary Performance Driving Course. This comprehensive one-to-one driving experience can be taken at one of three proving grounds – Millbrook in the UK, Lommel in Belgium, or Romeo, Michigan, in North America.

With the capacity to continue to turn heads, the design of the Vanquish is already established as a modern classic. Since its launch in 2001, the Vanquish has proved to be a huge success for Aston Martin with over 1500 cars built.

Aston Martin V12 Vanquish S #3:

When are they coming to Lommel?? My uncle works there as a test driver for Ford...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Aston Martin V12 Vanquish S #5:

nice pics
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by jorismo
    My uncle works there as a test driver for Ford...
    He does? that sounds interesting

Nice pics

So uh, I saw one in the parking garage at my school today... Do university professors earn THAT much?

Ouch, there's quite a bit of purple fringing around the highlights... Oh well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lani Kai; 10-29-2005 at 01:56 AM.
    Forza Ferrari

--The thread stopper--

Guest Guest
    nice. i cant see any fringing tho

Quote Originally Posted by Jakg
    nice. i cant see any fringing tho
    I think it's particularly bad in the 4th picture, basically on the whole right side of the car, especially around the side mirror and the rims. But that's just me; for normal purposes I suppose it doesn't really matter too much.
    Forza Ferrari

--The thread stopper--

Wow, the dark pics are kick ass. Nice, I've always like the Vanquish.
    Before Posting Please Watch This Short Video... URL=http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Thread Information