Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a new car? (960hp Testarossa)

Need a new car?

...consider this one:
    Ebay link

It's a turbocharged Ferrari Testarossa with about 1000hp
    For sale for about US $45,803.00!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dreaming of a Peugeot 106 Rallye...

Quote Originally Posted by Scientist
    ...consider this one:
    Ebay link

NEVER MODIFY A FERRARI!!!!!! SHAME ON THE EVIL BEAST WHO DID IT!!!
    "Power, Beauty, Soul" - Aston Martin

Quote Originally Posted by jones.dk
    What the hell... why not? It's his money, his car, and his decision. If you like the car as-is, what's wrong with the same car with more power? It's not like he riced it out; now that would be a tragedy...

A stock 512TR is sweet, but its not a diety.

-1 for your rediculous opinion, and mostly for typing in all caps.

Quote Originally Posted by Scientist
    ...consider this one:
    Ebay link

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's just say that any one who makes changes in cars like that, is the biggest su**** in the all world. If you want to choose a car for tunning, just choose a japaneese car. their the best for tunning. Hasta (Bye).

Get over it the Red heads are a nice car but why not modify it? defintly leads to somthing incredibly individual and incredibly diffrent. And its his car his choice who are you to judge somthing like that?
    Im agreeing fully with Egg Nog here.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidus
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's just say that any one who makes changes in cars like that, is the biggest su**** in the all world. If you want to choose a car for tunning, just choose a japaneese car. their the best for tunning. Hasta (Bye).
    There's nothing inherently wrong with tuning a Ferrari. It's not like he riced it out.

If you guys are going to get pissed off at a Testarossa that's nearly producing quadruple-digit horsepower figures, I think you need to expand your horizons, because that sounds like an awesome car to me... Just look at the raw power and the originality of it all.
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 02-06-2004 at 01:47 AM.

Just in case anybody cares, this this car has Norwood Performance's "Stage 4" upgrades. I'm a huge Norwood fan.

http://www.norwoodperformance.com/stage_4.htm

EDIT: By the way, I added "960hp Testarossa" to the thread title. Hopefully it'll get a few more views now
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 02-06-2004 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    What the hell... why not? It's his money, his car, and his decision. If you like the car as-is, what's wrong with the same car with more power? It's not like he riced it out; now that would be a tragedy...

A stock 512TR is sweet, but its not a diety.

-1 for your rediculous opinion, and mostly for typing in all caps.
    im sorry if u dont understand how i feel.... i just think that a ferrari is a peace of art as it is and it should not be changed....

it a ferrari tradition never to supercharge or turbocharge their engines... so i think its a shame to do that...!

thats how i feel!

im sorry if u dont understand how i feel.... i just think that a ferrari is a peace of art as it is and it should not be changed....

it a ferrari tradition never to supercharge or turbocharge their engines... so i think its a shame to do that...!

thats how i feel!
    Umm correct me if im wrong but isnt the F40 engine in fact turbo charged? ill quote the book C20th CARS
    Based on the floorplan of the 288GTO and retaining the classic Tubular-steel Frame chassis, it made extensive use of weight-saving composite materials. It also featured all the latest Formula One turbocharging technology, applied to a speacial, short-stroke 3-litre v8. Twin IHI turbochargers were used to obtain an output of 478hp, and farrari claimed a top speed of 201mph (322km/h)
    Some tradition....they also have produced some very early supercharged tourers very early on in their carrer as far as im aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    Umm correct me if im wrong but isnt the F40 engine in fact turbo charged? ill quote the book C20th CARS
    Based on the floorplan of the 288GTO and retaining the classic Tubular-steel Frame chassis, it made extensive use of weight-saving composite materials. It also featured all the latest Formula One turbocharging technology, applied to a speacial, short-stroke 3-litre v8. Twin IHI turbochargers were used to obtain an output of 478hp, and farrari claimed a top speed of 201mph (322km/h)
    Some tradition....they also have produced some very early supercharged tourers very early on in their carrer as far as im aware.
    OHHH MY GOD!!!! ur right..... the 288 GTO and the F40 were Turbocharged.... i never hear of that!!! SORRY....

+1 for informing me..... i guess i didnt do my research good enough.... sorry again
    Last edited by jones.dk; 02-06-2004 at 08:26 AM. Reason: +1 for the information...

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    Fodasse! The car is turbo charged but those turbos are from Ferrari. Ain't from any tunning company! It was ferrari who did it, not any other company. It wasn't ferrari who made those changes in the Testarossa! Caralhos os fodam!

Nice car !! ....and $45k sounds pretty good ...oopppss thats USD ... just got a l'il further out of reach

Nothing wrong with modding any car, as long as its done properly as this car evidently is.

OHHH MY GOD!!!! ur right..... the 288 GTO and the F40 were Turbocharged.... i never hear of that!!! SORRY....

+1 for informing me..... i guess i didnt do my research good enough.... sorry again
    Not a problem
    And solidus Those turbo chargers are from a japense country called ihi
    Clean, economical and powerful. IHI produces a variety of turbochargers, ranging from a super-compact model for automobiles and motorcycles to a full sized model for large marine diesel engines. Highly reputed in many field, including auto racing, our turbo offers first-rate performance, high reliability and a long service life. There is an extract from some advertising i found...they more then likelywould or worked a dual project to cuton build a turbo and how to best set it up with IHI. You really need to grow up and read posts properly jones.dk was saying its a ferrari tradition not to do somthing i was just showing him this was not the case i Never said nothing about Ferrari them selves doing it to the testarossa.
    And id like to see some translations on the stuff you wrote throughout the post.

settle down, this is one monster of a car, why does it matter if something is done to a Ferarri? its no more an art form than a Honda Insight, an art form of innovatively efficient transportation.
    anyway, I think this car is comepletely bitchin, 1000 Hp come on!
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Turbo
    settle down, this is one monster of a car, why does it matter if something is done to a Ferarri? its no more an art form than a Honda Insight, an art form of innovatively efficient transportation.
    anyway, I think this car is comepletely bitchin, 1000 Hp come on!

Koenig Special did one years ago with the same Ferrari model (and it was actually rated at 1000bhp) but they had to take the Ferrari emblems off the car...looks like this is a copy of their work?? (Just guessing)
    Last edited by byronleehk; 02-09-2004 at 01:32 PM.

Thread Information