Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Volkswagen Eos (1F7) 2006-2012

Volkswagen Eos (1F7) 2006-2012

The new Eos In brief
    -World premiere of the convertible coupé at the IAA 2005
    -First four-seater convertible coupé with five-section CSC roof
    -Eos to be launched in 2006 in Europe and marketed on all five continents

• Wolfsburg, September 2005. IAA world premiere: 18 months after the concept C study made its debut at the Geneva Automobile Salon, Volkswagen now presents the series
    version of its new convertible coupé in the form of the Eos.
    This is the world’s first four-seater car with a five-section CSC roof; the folding hard top combines the characteristics of a coupé, sliding and convertible roof, thereby unifying
    three different car concepts to form a whole.
    • CSC design: When closed, the CSC roof curves in an arc between the rear end and the windscreen, giving rise to an outstanding coupé roof which is both elegant and sporty. The
    roof’s curve is elongated, the rear end muscular and the overall impression is one of high quality. When the roof is open, the 4.41 metre long and 1.79 metre wide Eos also
    clearly reveals that it has been specifically developed as a convertible coupé, and that its body concept has not been derived from any other model in existence. The CSC roof
    has enabled the windscreen frame to be kept short and the rear compact, lending the vehicle sensuous proportions in the style of a classic convertible.
    • CSC characteristics: The five-section CSC structure offers not only optical, but also practical advantages. Firstly, pure convertible feeling. As the windscreen frame – the roof cross member, to be perfectly accurate – projects far less into the interior than is the case with many similar solutions, there is nothing above the driver and front passenger but blue skies.
    Secondly, optimum entry and exiting. The shorter windscreen frame makes it easier to get into the Eos when the top is down, as the driver or passenger does not have to manoeuvre his head past the frame. Thirdly, the integrated glass/sliding/tilting roof, because the sun does not always shine, nor is it always summer. In such cases, the glass/sliding/tilting roof fitted in the Eos lets in light, air and good humour. Full opening and closing are very speedy, by
    the way, taking around 25 seconds from the first "clack" to the last "click". The system concludes the process with a signal tone, confirming that the roof is either open or closed
    completely. In addition, the CSC roof offers the general advantages of unimpeded suitability throughout the year and minimal driving noise when closed. It is also less appealing
    to vandals than a soft top. Of course, a roll-over protection system, which shoots out within a maximum of 0.25 seconds increases safety in critical situations.
    • Dimensions: The convertible coupé is 1.79 metres wide, 4.41 metres long and 1.44 metres high. In relation to each other, these dimensions enhance the vehicle’s dynamics.
    In comparison with its length and height, the vehicle’s width lends the Eos a particularly powerful appearance. Its large track width (over 1.55 metres) not only looks good, it also
    contributes extensively towards the extraordinarily agile and safe handling characteristics exhibited by the Eos. The result is pure driving enjoyment regardless of whether the roof is
    up or down.
    • Market launch: The Eos is scheduled to be launched in Europe in spring 2006; the other continents are set to follow the same year. The car will open up a new sub-segment and
    will be positioned precisely between the A (Golf) and B class (Passat). In parallel, the New Beetle convertible, over 126,000 of which have been built and which underwent a
    facelift in 2005, will further extend its position as successor to the Golf convertible at the centre of the A class.
    • Engines: Volkswagen makes specific use of technical synergies between its model series. Take the engines, for example: In detail, these encompass four petrol engines with
    outputs ranging from 85 kW / 115 PS, 110 kW / 150 PS and 147 kW / 200 PS to 184 kW / 250 PS plus a 103 kW / 140 PS TDI equipped with a diesel particulate filter as standard.
    Four-cylinder direct injection engines are fitted to provide outputs up to 147 kW, whilst the 184 kW variant derives its power from six cylinders.
    • Passenger compartment: The interior design is also new. Whilst the functional and operating details (e.g. light, air conditioning, radio systems) are familiar from other models,
    many fundamental Eos elements are new developments. These include the cockpit, the door and side trim panels and the rear seat system. Volkswagen is additionally fitting
    electrically activated easy-entry seats for the first time: These "remember" the driver’s and front passenger’s longitudinal seating positions, and return to these – once the
    rear passengers have entered or exited the vehicle – at the push of a button. When the roof is open, a volume of 205 litres is available; when closed, 380 litres of stowage space
    are on offer. As standard, a power latching system closes the boot lid the last few millimetres. A through-loading aperture is additionally integrated into the rear bench seat.
    • Equipment: The Eos will be launched in just one highquality equipment version. Permanent details fitted as standard will include ESP, safety-optimised front headrests, front airbags and specially developed side head-thorax airbags; 16" alloy wheels (V6: 17"), air conditioning system (Climatic / V6: Climatronic)), fog lights, electric window lifters, ambient lighting, leather-covered steering wheel*, gear lever knob* and handbrake lever* plus sports seats* (*
    = standard as of 103 kW, optional extras for 85 kW). Optionally, innovative features such as a Dynaudio sound system with ten-channel amplifier, ten loudspeakers and 600 W output power or bi-xenon headlights with dynamic and static cornering lights will be available for the Eos.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Colin17; 09-12-2005 at 07:58 AM.

what a tease,only one new media avalible.I HATE THIS !!!!!grrrrrr

no, there are more, but I didn't have full access at the media page
    I hope somebody post this pics here in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Colin17
    no, there are more, but I didn't have full access at the media page
    I hope somebody post this pics here in this thread
    Thanks for bringing some interesting threads to the UCP-forum, Colin!

hey np, guy, that's my job and that's not all, there are coming some threads soon...

and here you can find more pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Fluppe
    and here you can find more pictures
    thx, I know this thread, but these pics aren't in hires

eos? what a weird name. Im sure canon own copyright on that I was under the impression it would be a convertible golf, but it looks more like the passat with a coupe touch..

IAA 2005: Volkswagen presents the new Eos

Unveiling by Dr. Wolfgang Bernhard

The first four-seat Convertible-Coupé with five part CSC roof

Wolfsburg / Frankfurt, 12 September 2005 - Vast interest for the latest product from the house of Volkswagen: In front of nearly 1,000 journalists Dr. Wolfgang Bernhard unveiled the new Eos. In spring 2006 the new convertible coupé launches in Europe; available in all five continents.

Spectacular start of the IAA 2005: Dr. Wolfgang Bernhard, executive chairman of the Volkswagen Brand, unveiled the new Eos in front of nearly 1,000 media representatives. Under a myriad of flashlights Dr. Bernhard drove on stage and opened the convertible roof to huge applause. The world premiere of the Eos was staged in a specially created sunflower field at the Volkswagen booth.

“The Eos is not a compromise, that can’t make up its mind on what it is all about. The Eos is both: a real convertible and a real coupe.” In his speech, Dr. Bernhard also announced a continuation of this year’s product offensive. By 2009 Volkswagen will bring five to ten entirely new models on the market „A dream come true with a perfect balance between price and performance in its segment.“

The Eos chassis concept was not built from a closed model but rather developed as its own independent convertible coupe. Essential technologies such as power train range (85 kW / 115 hp to 184 kW / 250 hp) and the chassis are based on the new Passat. The Eos will be available on the European market starting spring 2006; later that year the other continents will follow. In Germany the Eos starts at 25,950 Euros.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Volkswagen Eos #3

Volkswagen Eos #4

Volkswagen Eos #5

Volkswagen Eos #6

Volkswagen Eos #7

big thanks Matt

Thread Information