Thread: Chevrolet Camaro Super-Coupe 540 by Baldwin-Motion

Chevrolet Camaro Super-Coupe 540 by Baldwin-Motion

The soul-stirring two-seat SuperCoupe's hand-crafted steel body, penned by Kris Horton working with Joel Rosen and executed by Time Machines, Inc., Hudson, Florida, is functionally styled for maximum appeal and performance. Engine layout is front/mid and its aluminum big-block is set back 13 inches.

Fully tubbed and lowered, it incorporates a proprietary 2x3-inch tubular steel backbone/spine chassis running through the console and welded to the body. The result is an incredibly rigid platform, engineered for maximum performance.

Styling details include tastefully flared fender wells, widened rear fenders with functional brake cooling scoops and an extended hood with an L-88-inspired scoop. Finished in MOTION Red, the body is highlighted by traditional Baldwin-Motion badging and striping.

The prototype SuperCoupe is powered by an all-aluminum 700-hp Merlin/Motion big-block built by Bill Mitchell. The blueprinted and dyno-tuned 540-cubic-inch powerplant has a World Products aluminum block with 4.50-inch bore, 4.25-inch stroke and 4.840-inch bore spacing. Eagle 6.535-inch H-beam rods, forged crank and 10-to-1 forged pistons are utilized. The roller-cammed engine is topped off with a Cross-Ram fuel injection system custom-built by Jim Kinsler for the SuperCoupe. Polished alloy MOTION-badged valve covers are rare original NOS parts.

Powertrain details include a specially-prepared Tremec TKO five-speed and a fully-independent rear with a Dana 44 Posi and hardened steel high-torque axles. Suspension is four-wheel independent with polished unequal length control arms and toe-in control links and fully adjustable coil-over shocks and sway bars. Steering is rack and pinion.

Stopping power is supplied by MOTION signature Baer Claw Extreme-Plus brakes with forged six-piston Sport calipers and 14-inch cross-drilled rotors front and rear. The SuperCoupe rides on Motion-inspired Bonspeed wheels.

The SuperCoupe's interior is completely hand-crafted and features a pair of unique Baldwin-Motion-logo, leather-upholstered six-way power seats, signature gauges, Hot Rod Air and hand formed dash and center and overhead consoles. Plus the latest sound and electronic entertainment systems from Sony.

Time Machines, Inc. coachbuilt the prototype Camaro SuperCoupe in its facility in Hudson, FL.
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

That thing just gave me the shivers.

Nice.

I bet it sounds utterly amazing!

That is a very beautiful car, just change the rims.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindesh17
    That is a very beautiful car, just change the rims.
    Couldn't agree more. I like the prospect of 8850cc of American V8...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Sweet car, I also agree. Those wheels have to go. The look cheap.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

It looks amazing.

i saw that at barrett-jackson back in January. It was alright i guess. Too custom in my opinion.
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    i saw that at barrett-jackson back in January. It was alright i guess. Too custom in my opinion.
    Im jelous you went to Scottsdale. It looks to over done to me im sure the engines very nice but Id rather have a copo 427 Camaro.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

It needs some Cragars
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    It needs some Cragars
    And some big ass slicks.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

Thread Information