Thread: Callaway C16

Callaway C16

Callaway C16 #1 - Hi-Res Hide-Out

Callaway C16 Component Program

Powerfully Engineered Components...built for you.
    View the Callaway C16 as a menu for the equipment and performance potential of a new or a presently owned C6.
    More performance than a ZO6 Coupe is now available in any of the platforms; Convertible or Coupe , 6 speed manual transmission or 6 speed automatic.
    New cars may be ordered through authorized Callaway Corvette dealers nationwide, or currently owned cars can be equipped at any of the three Callaway Factories - Old Lyme, Connecticut - Irvine, California - or Leingarten, Gemany.
    The following component descriptions detail each modification- what it is, what it does, and what it costs, as either an installed modification or as a component package.
    In either case, you will be getting the best we know how to make. We have spent 20 years selecting, developing and maunufacturing a highly specialized set of components for Corvette platforms. We have come to appreciate what works, what doesn't, what's a liability down the road, and what gives lasting satisfaction. If you were a highly trained engineer, with a refined aesthetic, who had been willing to focus on one area- automotive performance- for your working life, and then condensed that knowledge into a series of coordinated modifications, manufactured them as well as can be done, and offerded them to the enthusiast in packages that treat the car as a well-tuned, systems-engineered entity, you would be us... making Powerfully Engineered Automobiles.

Drive Train
    Transmissions: 6-speed manual (available w/wo Z51 Performance Package) or
    6-speed automatic with paddle shift. Manual gearbox cars receive a clutch upgrade during the install of the supercharger system.Higher clamping force, improved friction material and co efficient of friction is increased without undo 'stoplight strain'

Suspension
    Callaway/Eibach Multi-Pro coil-over suspension with double adjustable dampers, external reservoir with 10-position compression control; companion helper and tender springs supplementing composite leaf springs; front and rear Callaway anti-roll bars, tubular steel.
    Callaway and Eibach have jointly developed the ultimate suspension upgrade for the C5/C6 platform. Our objectives were as follows:
    Give the driver a tool to transform the ride of the automobile to his/her taste.
    The elements that are now adjustable with the Callaway Eibach system are; ride height, pitch attitude, cross- weighting of the entire car, and of course ride frequency in both rebound and compression. With all these adjustment options we look to satisfy the driver who will tailor his ride and handling to their local conditions whether that be road or track, high speed or around town, autocross or cross counrty. Of course, we have good starting point suggestions for each of those uses. Once in place, you are encouraged to experiment.

AeroBody II
    The Callaway C16 body replaces every panel of the standard C6 body with the exception of the roof panel. Designed to be a panel for panel replacement, it uses the standard attachment points as its datum, and preserves the satandard cut lines of door hood and rear hatch openings. The panels are made of high grade glaass fiber with a gel coat painting surface, They are designed to be refinished with either the standard GM top coat materials or any of the Callway specified paint colors and attendant systems... PPG, House of Kolor, Sikkens, Glassurit, et al.
    Re used from the standard car are the headlight projectors, the turn indicators and the side lights and one set of the tail lights..
    New headlight lenses and inner reflectors are suppied.
    Door handles and door handle dut outs are eleiminated and a unique keyless entry system is introduced. The GM fob is retained and a spring-to-open latch mechanism is supplied. A fail safe mode is also retained in case of a flat battery.
    Soft flannel car covers are available that are custom fittted to the C16 shape.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by carreragt10; 12-04-2006 at 06:54 PM.
    Sorry if I cannot express myself correctly, but I don't know English as good as I want, so my answers will probably be the same in many cases.

Callaway C16 #2

Deutschleder Interior
    The interiors are a work of art. Done to the exacting standards of the world's best trimmers, the C16 interiors are offered in two levels.
    Level One- the basic package is included in the base price of the car. It assures that at a minimum the steering wheel and the instrument cluster and the serial number plaque will be customized in keeping with the designation of the car.
    Level Two- full german leather apointments for the look, feel and smell of a car crafted to the highest standards. The client chooses his/her color palette to complement or contrast the exterior color. Detail emvbellishemnt may be specified at this point.

Matched Luggage
    Matched travel luggage is generally specified using the same hides as the interior. Luggage is marked witht he VIN. The design of the 5 piece set is customized so that all pieces fit the available boot space in a nested fashion. The luggage is supplied by Schedoni, spA. Supplier to Ferrari

Audio and GPS Navigation Systems
    Navigation systems, phone systems and custom sound equiopment are poart of our job. Your specification is all that's required.

Wheels & Tires
    Front: 19 x 10 Callaway/Dymag forged magnesium spider w/carbon fiber rims 295/30ZR19 Yokohama “Advan Sport” tires
    Rear: 20 x 12 Callaway/Dymag forged magnesium spider w/carbon fiber rims 345/25ZR20 Yokohama “Advan Sport” tires
    Tires make the automobile. Wer have partnered with Yokohama Ruber Corporation to enlist their expertise in making a bespoke tire for the Callawa C16. We are fortunate to have a partenr willing to amke the technoligical adn financial investment in producing a tire specifically for Callaway. It is with their technology that we can take best advantage of all the other dynamic possibilities we have engineeered into the automobile. Without a great and capable tire, all this work woud be for naught.

Brakes
    Front/rear: Callaway 6-piston (front) and 4-piston (rear) calipers with 355 x 32 mm diameter rotors (front & rear). Extreme performace needs extrenme braking ability. In keeping with enviable acceleration and top speed, braking ability is enhanced with the same pacjkage that the Callaway cars use at LeMans. Only the brake pad material spec differs for road use.

Dimensions
    Wheelbase: 105.7 inches
    Track, front: 62.1 inches
    rear: 60.7 inches
    Height: 48.1 inches
    Length: 174.6 inches
    Width: 72.6 inches without mirrors
    Curb weight: 3,150 pounds (manual trans, coupe)
    Fuel capacity: 18 gallons
    Fuel Economy
    City/Highway: 18/28 (manual transmission); 17/27 (automatic transmission) (est.)

Warranty
    Vehicle/Powertrain: GM vehicle and powertrain warranties apply with supplemental Callaway 5-year/100,000 mile warranty on Callaway components; Callaway warranty also covers any GM engine parts compromised by failure of Callaway components.

Performance (Manual Transmission, Coupe)
    0-60 3.3 sec.
    1/4 mile 10.97@128 mph
    top speed 206 mph
    lateral acceleration 1.15 g
    Sorry if I cannot express myself correctly, but I don't know English as good as I want, so my answers will probably be the same in many cases.

Chevy needs to learn how to put that interior in the C6. That would be killer.

That supercharger wouldn't hurt either.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Kinda look like a cross between a Corvette, a 599GTB (the rear lights) and a Lotus Elise. Strange.

EDIT: Looks like a Lotus Elise for the rear part only. Strange comparisons too.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Callaway C16 Specifications

Engine
    6.0 liter (366 in.3) V8, 90°, cast aluminum block and heads;
    6-bolt, cross-bolted main caps; nodular iron crankshaft;
    CNC-machined Callaway cylinder heads;
    proprietary port and combustion chamber configuration
    Bore x Stroke: 4.000 x 3.622 inches
    Compression ratio: 10.4:1
    Horsepower: 616 bhp @ 6,200 rpm (SAE)
    Torque: 582 lb-ft @ 4,750 rpm (SAE)
    Redline: 6,500 rpm
    Valve train: investment cast 1.85:1 ratio rockers, 17-4PH stainless steel; chromemoly push rods
    Ignition system: coil per cylinder; Callaway UHC 8-sleeved silicone ignition wires
    Intake valves: 2.020-inch diameter; stainless steel
    Exhaust valves: 1.570-inch diameter; stainless steel
    Fuel system: Increased flow (42 lb/hr) fuel injectors; auxiliary fuel pump controller
    Supercharger: Eaton/Magnuson Roots-style; with air/liquid intercooler integral to intake manifold. 44" Hg manifold pressure, absolute. (7 psig)
    Throttle body: 90mm diameter, drive-by-wire

Drive Train
    Transmission: 6-speed manual (available w/wo Z51 Performance Package) or
    6-speed automatic with paddle shift

Suspension
    Front and rear: Forged aluminum, unequal length, upper and lower control arms. Callaway/Eibach Multi-Pro coil-over suspension with double adjustable dampers external reservoir with 10-position compression control; companion helper and tender springs supplementing composite leaf springs; front and rear Callaway anti-roll bars, tubular steel

Steering
    Turning Circle: 39.0 feet (lock-to-lock)

Wheels & Tires
    Front: 19 x 10 Callaway/Dymag forged magnesium/carbon fiber rims 295/30ZR19 Yokohama “Advan Sport” tires
    Rear: 20 x 12 Callaway/Dymag forged magnesium/carbon fiber rims 345/25ZR20 Yokohama “Advan Sport” tires

Brakes
    Front/rear: Callaway 6-piston (front) and 4-piston (rear) calipers with 355 x 32 mm diameter rotors (front & rear)

Dimensions
    Wheelbase: 105.7 inches
    Track, front: 62.1 inches
    rear: 60.7 inches
    Height: 48.1 inches
    Length: 174.6 inches
    Width: 72.6 inches without mirrors
    Curb weight: 3,150 pounds (est.)
    Fuel capacity: 18 gallons

Fuel Economy
    City/Highway: 18/28 (manual transmission); 17/27 (automatic transmission) (est.)

Warranty
    Vehicle/Powertrain: GM vehicle and powertrain warranties apply with supplemental Callaway 5-year/100,000 mile warranty on Callaway components; Callaway warranty also covers any GM engine parts compromised by failure of Callaway components

Performance (Manual Transmission, Coupe)
    0-60 3.3 sec.
    1/4 mile 10.97@129 mph
    top speed 206 mph
    lateral acceleration 1.15 g
    stopping, from80

www.callawaycars.com
    Last edited by carreragt10; 12-04-2006 at 07:41 PM.

The rear looks very much like that of a 599.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Looks nice, shows the true potential of the Vette.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    Chevy needs to learn how to put that interior in the C6. That would be killer.

That supercharger wouldn't hurt either.
    I agree, the interior is the killer...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    I agree, the interior is the killer...
    The interior sucks....

It's the same as on the Corvette, but it's painted brown.
    Minimising losses can maximise net gains

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    I like the interior, but in all honestly, I like the corvette paneling better than the Callaway. The performance upgrade is nifty though, to be sure.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Quote Originally Posted by lightweight
    The interior sucks....

It's the same as on the Corvette, but it's painted brown.
    That's what I meant.

Sorry if it wasn't very clear...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I honestly expected more replies in this thread.
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Thread Information