Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Subaru Impreza (3rd gen) 2007-2011

Subaru Impreza (3rd gen) 2007-2011

TOTALLY NEW IMPREZA – AN ICON REBORN

* Totally new Impreza with roomier five-door body plus multi-link rear suspension for outstanding ride and refinement
    * All models boast improved fuel economy, torquier, more flexible ‘boxer’ engines and enhanced customer appeal
    * Iconic Impreza handling dynamics remain – now available to a wider audience
    * Naturally-aspirated Impreza 1.5R and 2.0R and RX on sale from September ’07
    * Limited supply of 2.5 WRX turbo in November
    * Range-topping WRX STI turbo due in spring ’08
    * All-wheel drive range starts from an incredible £12,495 on-the-road
    * Unbeatable standard equipment includes: AWD with dual-range low-ratio transfer ’box, alloy wheels, climate-control air-conditioning, radio/CD player, height and reach steering wheel adjustment, foglamps, front and rear electric windows, driver, passenger, side and curtain airbags plus vehicle information display

Subaru’s eagerly-awaited new Impreza goes on sale in September, offering all its traditional strengths of outstanding handling and active safety thanks to symmetrical all-wheel drive but in a new, more practical package.

And while performance fans will still be catered for early next year when the range-topping, turbocharged WRX STI arrives, the initial emphasis is on the new 1.5 and 2.0 litre models aimed at a much wider audience.

Both enjoy enhanced fuel economy and driveability thanks to improved ‘boxer’ engines which – having their cylinders horizontally-opposed – give the car a lower centre of gravity for improved grip, reduced body roll and more agile steering response.

Affordable, Attractive Range

The UK range goes on sale in September with the practical Impreza 1.5R costing an incredibly affordable £12,495 On-The-Road. An automatic version is available for £1,000 more. The previous Impreza 1.5R – introduced for the first time towards the end of last year – proved such a success that stocks quickly ran out.

Standard equipment on the new 1.5R includes: AWD with dual-range, low ratio transfer ’box, 15 ins alloy wheels, climate-control air-conditioning, four-speaker radio/CD player, front and rear electric windows, reach and rake-adjustable steering wheel, front fog lamps plus driver, passenger, side and curtain airbags and a vehicle information display (trip computer).

Equally outstanding value is the new Impreza 2.0R – also available from September – priced at £14,995 On-The-Road. Compared to the 1.5R, the 2.0 litre model adds: larger 16 ins alloy wheels, Subaru Vehicle Dynamics Control, windscreen-wiper de-icer, xenon headlamps and heated door mirrors. An automatic version is available for another £1,000.

The Impreza 2.0RX adds not only extra equipment but also body styling enhancements such as front and rear spoilers, side skirts, a chrome exhaust end-cap and a rear bumper diffuser. The alloy wheels are larger at 17 ins and interior upgrades include ‘Smart Entry’ with an engine push-start button and satellite-navigation.

Also standard is a leather-covered steering wheel and gear knob, cruise-control and a 10-speaker radio/single-disc CD system. The Impreza 2.0RX costs £17,495 OTR with an automatic version available for £1,000 more.

Meanwhile, sure to delight performance fans is a limited quantity of turbocharged Impreza 2.5 WRX models expected to become available during November. Prices will be announced nearer the time.

Standard equipment on the Impreza 2.5 WRX includes 17 ins alloy wheels, front and rear spoilers, side skirts, a rear bumper diffuser, leather-covered steering wheel and gear knob, a rear limited-slip differential with Subaru Vehicle Dynamics Control, 10-speaker, six-disc radio/CD player and xenon headlamps.

However the ultimate model will be the Impreza 2.5 WRX STI – due in spring 2008 when power, performance, pricing and equipment levels will be announced. This model will be visually more aggressive than the rest of the five-door Impreza range and will form the basis for the 2008 Subaru World Rally Championship entry.

Generous Warranty

All Imprezas marketed by Subaru (UK) Limited come with the reassurance of a three year or 60,000 mile warranty plus 12 year anti-corrosion cover and three year paintwork warranty.

This is in addition to three years’ membership of Subaru Assistance – a comprehensive home and roadside repair and recovery package throughout the UK and Europe administered by Mondial Assistance.

The new ’08 Impreza Range is as follows:

1.5R AWD manual £12,495
    1.5R AWD auto £13,495
    2.0R AWD manual £14,995
    2.0R AWD auto £15,995
    2.0RX AWD manual £17,495
    2.0RX AWD auto £18,495
    2.5 WRX AWD manual £ TBA
    Attached Images Attached Images

Subaru Impreza #2

note; I was surprised that there wasn't a normal impreza thread in the hide-out.
    This thread may also be used for the older "normal" impreza photo's
    Attached Images Attached Images

good god why

why the KIA grill

why

it reminds me of a mazda, the old protege or something?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Germany -> West Germany -> NRW -> Düsseldorf
    Saw the car last saturday around the Nurburgring with a good friend, who is a real big fan of the old Imprezas.

We both think it will be a good car and maybe they will sell a lot of them, but they should change the name away from Impreza to something new, because it doesn't have anything to do with the old models and "destroys the myth" as my friend said.
    WRC - That's motorsport!

"If you can see the tree you are about to hit, it is called 'understeering'. If you can only hear and feel it, it was 'oversteering'."
    Walter Röhrl

Quote Originally Posted by netburner View Post
    Saw the car last saturday around the Nurburgring with a good friend, who is a real big fan of the old Imprezas.

We both think it will be a good car and maybe they will sell a lot of them, but they should change the name away from Impreza to something new, because it doesn't have anything to do with the old models and "destroys the myth" as my friend said.
    That's exactly what I was thinking.

It's now just another bland family hatch joining the ranks of other bland Asian hatches.

Time for a style injection methinks!
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Kia Rio / C'eed anyone?

Man in red it looks like the lamest car ever... I think they really should change the name because it hasn't got nothing to do with the Impreza what so ever.
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Quote Originally Posted by jorismo View Post
    Kia Rio / C'eed anyone?

Man in red it looks like the lamest car ever... I think they really should change the name because it hasn't got nothing to do with the Impreza what so ever.
    Exactly. Why is it that previously good-looking, well proportioned cars are all being restyled to be bloated, fat and ugly? Nearly every time a manufacturer redesigns a car it seems to get worse. There's too much trying to make the car look as though it's from another class...MPVs and Estates that look like 4x4s, Hatches that look like MPVs etc. Ridiculous.

Why couldn't Subaru have produced a good looking and non-garish saloon instead of this lump?
    Last edited by Clivey; 12-03-2007 at 11:43 AM.
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

But does the comming of the car mean that the current (cool looking) Impreza won't be up for sale anymore? I just can't understand that Subaru kills such a successful car. The Impreza has always been the icon of Subaru...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Germany -> West Germany -> NRW -> Düsseldorf
    Quote Originally Posted by jorismo View Post
    But does the comming of the car mean that the current (cool looking) Impreza won't be up for sale anymore? I just can't understand that Subaru kills such a successful car. The Impreza has always been the icon of Subaru...
    The current car will be produced until end of 2007.

From this new car there is also a sedan version, but up to now the sedan was the mainly known Impreza and the Hatch (or 5-dr) was a little unknown thing which they also sold... Now the Hatch is the new main car, because they will use this also for rallying (WRC Concept will be presented at the IAA next month).
    WRC - That's motorsport!

"If you can see the tree you are about to hit, it is called 'understeering'. If you can only hear and feel it, it was 'oversteering'."
    Walter Röhrl

*inserting finger into throat and vomits*
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

Front end looks cack(ish), but mechanically it's as interesting as ever. I'd consider one.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Duell View Post
    Subaru Impreza #2
    This thread may also be used for the older "normal" impreza photo's
    But there is already an excellent Subaru Impreza, The History of thread with plenty of older "normal" Impreza photos.

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    And here's the new Legacy:
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Thread Information