Thread: Best General Automotive Magazine

Best General Automotive Magazine

hey guys, im gonna subscribe to a new magazine, but i can't decide among Car and Driver, Motor Trend, and Road & Track. Could u guys help me out? which one is the best in your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by thinker
    hey guys, im gonna subscribe to a new magazine, but i can't decide among Car and Driver, Motor Trend, and Road & Track. Could u guys help me out? which one is the best in your opinion?
    No location in your profile () so can't be certain, but from the list I presume the US.

Look for on-line subscription services and sign up to all 3 on their usual 3-month trial basis. At the end of the 3 months stick with the one you like.

Car magazine can be very subjective and personal - some folks HATE Clarkson as much in the written word as on TV
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Isn't there a magazine called Autocar in the US? It's quite popular in South-east Asia, and very good, too.
    UCP's most dedicated Pokemon fan.
    Anyone seen any Toyota Rav4 Pokemon Edition in USA?

Road & Track, of the three. They have a little extra dealing with racing, thus 'Track'. I have subscribed to all 4, if you also include Automobile. The writing style in all these magazines leaves a lot to be desired. They describe with hyperbole and have the same tired old cracks. I like getting CAR sometimes, its from the UK. Great tests and articles, just we don't get half the cars they talk about. Also with Euro mags its hard to keep doing conversions. I can't picture or imagine several thousand millimeters for the wheelbase. I guess that's just a matter of becoming accustomed to the metric.

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    I'm not a huge fan of any, I see them as biased and I know that most of the cars are capable of a lot more than they can get out of them. So I pretty much never get them. That said, I do enjoy Auto Motor und Sport and Motor Klassik, but those are German. They also seem a little biased but I think in most respects are more fair than the US mags.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Thread Information