Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scuderia Bizzarrini p538 Barchetta Prototype

Scuderia Bizzarrini p538 Barchetta Prototype

(from Kevin Gallahan of Arbitrage Project)

2 years ago, Cobra International Co., Ltd. and Kevin Gallahan, announced the start of production of the Cobra Limited Edition, Arbitrage GT. A lightweight component sports car made almost entirely of carbon fiber.

Then 8 months ago a great opportunity presented itself.

Well into the construction of the Arbitrage GT platform, The Cobra/Arbitrage team took the opportunity to join together with Mr. Giotto Bizzarrini to bring back a modernized version of the Bizzarrini P538. Because of the obvious historical opportunity, the original Arbitrage GT has been put on the back burner while the Cobra/Arbitrage team presses on to finish the first four Bizzarrini cars within this year. Plans are to ship the first prototype to Nardo for testing by Mr. Giotto Bizzarrini and his team. The date will be announced however completion is slated to be sometime in November of this year.

Between 1966 and 1968 Mr. Giotto Bizzarrini constructed two P538’s using Chevrolet V8 engines. The similarities of concept between the Arbitrage GT platform and P538 brought Mr. Bizzarrini and the founder of the Arbitrage GT project together. All that was left was the body design.

Mr. Stefan Shultze

Chosen as the lead designer for the New Scuderia Bizzarrini P538, Mr. Shultze has provided the Cobra/Arbitrage team the design visualization used as the foundation for the project. Due to safety concerns of the low roadster windshield, the design has changed to accommodate a full windshield with front rollover support and the comfort of a removable carbon hardtop. Throughout the design process, Mr. Bizzarrini was involved until he approved the final design. In Giotto’s own words, “Incredible. It really communicates my style and character, very rare!”

Interior Design

Silapakorn University, founded in 1943 by an Italian, Mr. Corrado Feroci, was enlisted to design the interior for the Scuderia Bizzarrini P538 through the Automotive Design Faculty. The result is stunning with warm, rich leather, accenting the full carbon monocoque of the P538. A touch screen interface controlling most of the cars features and classic analog main gauges, bring to life the old with the new.

Power to-order

While continuing to offer the Chevrolet LS7 as the basic power plant, buyers may also order their choice LS7 derivatives, such as the Lingenfelter twin turbo LS7 with up to 1000 horsepower. The New P538 will use the CIMA 6 speed gearbox used in the Pagani Zonda and the Koenigsegg CCX.
    Clutch – AP Racing
    Shocks – Penske
    Brakes – Alcon
    Wheels – Forgeline
    Tires – Bridgestone
    Seats – Recaro Custom

Giotto Bizzarrini : Living Legend

A test driver, engineer and carmaker, Giotto Bizzarrini is the man behind such cars as the Ferrari 250 GTO and the Testa Rossa, the Iso Rivolta GT, the Iso Grifo and the American Motors AMX/3. He is also the designer of the V12 engine used by Lamborghini in the 350 GTV and the builder of numerous prototypes that bear his own name, such as the Competizione P538, the Duca d'Aosta and the GT Strada 5300.

Engineering – Galmer Inc.

Alan Mertens, lead Engineer of the Arbitrage GT project, is still contracted to ensure the car meets the demands of the sports car enthusiast. Alan Mertens as Chief Engineer for March, led a highly successful Indy Car design and manufacturing team. Alan Mertens was awarded the Society of Automobile Engineers “Schwitzer Award” in recognition of “ENGINEERING EXCELLENCE IN INNOVATION IN RACE CAR DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT” for his work on the Indy 500 winning Galmer G92. With March Engineering and Galmer Engineering, Alan Mertens has been responsible for 74 Indy Car wins, including 6 at the USA Indianapolis 500.

Only 100 cars

Although the final price has not yet been released, Kevin Gallahan, the founder of the Arbitrage Project, still contends, “what the customer will receive for the money, compared to any other manufacturer outside of Thailand, especially those using advance lightweight composite parts, will be without comparison.” The Cobra/Arbitrage team will make only 100 of the Scuderia Bizzarrini P538’s over a period of 4 years. Kevin goes on the say that, “This is an honor to be involved with Mr. Giotto Bizzarrini. Our team must insure that the manufacturing is at the highest level. I feel what you will find,
    from the inside out, is truly more than a car. The new P538 has a heart beat. Each car has it’s own character, and we document that. Carbon fiber is more organic than you can imagine. Although some of the tolerances of the car are in the microns, each car will certainly be different. And we have some big surprises on some of the cars. But you will have to wait and see them for yourselves. It has been a long journey, but we are near, very near, and we are looking forward to Nardo at the end of this year.”
    specs:
    Engine = 7 liter LS7 V8
    Weight = 2205 - 2646 lbs
    Aspiration = natural
    Torque = 475 lb-ft @ 4800 rpm
    HP = 505 hp @ 6200 rpm
    HP/Weight = 4.4 - 5.2 lbs per hp
    HP/Liter = 72.1 hp per liter
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Scuderia Bizzarrini p538 Barchetta Prototype #5
    -Carrol Shelby

I like it quite a lot.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

So a second company now has the rights to the Bizzarrini name?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

I like it, to me it looks like a spyker that is putting function before form
    The McLaren F1- The most fun you can have with your clothes on

"Live Fast, Die Young, and Leave a Good Looking Corpse" -James Dean, weeks before dying in a car crash at the age of 24

I think the front fenders are a little to large for aesthetic reasons alone, especially viewed from a top front angle. Aside from that, I like it.
    -Carrol Shelby

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    So a second company now has the rights to the Bizzarrini name?
    Apperantly, and not only the name but also the logo.
    however, this one is just a 3D model so we'll see about its future
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

I like it

The white one is beautiful, but I still like the Bizzarrini GTS 4.4 more

I really like it. Its really sleek and different from a lot of the stuff you normally see.

So that previous Bizzarrini prototype with the Mecachrome engine is stillborn and will never happen?

That car was pretty nice looking and the engine was the scariest thing I've ever heard. It sounded what I imagine a fifteen foot chainsaw would sound like running on 100 octane fuel.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

The very first P538 was fitted with a (Bizzarini designed) Lamborghini V12 engine (the press report obviously choose not to mention that...)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information