Thread: HSV Clubsport SE

HSV Clubsport SE

Since it first appeared in June 1990, the ClubSport nameplate has been the backbone of the HSV brand. Affectionately known as the ‘Clubbie’ it’s been responsible for introducing many performance vehicle enthusiasts to the HSV family.

Today’s Y Series 2 ClubSport continues that tradition with a terrific value-for-money/performance equation. Standard features include an HSV enhanced 285kW 5.7litre V8 engine, HSV Touring 3 suspension, a twin piston HSV Performance Brake package with ABS, and an interior packed with sports highlights. So when, for a very limited time only, HSV offers a Special Edition ClubSport model it’s guaranteed to be a red hot proposition.

The pulse will quicken at the sight of the distinctive body package (without accent colours) that creates a clean, aggressive appearance, along with the HSV specific 18-inch ‘Chrome Shadow’ sports alloy wheels. From behind the wheel the driver can enjoy the HSV floor mats, HSV centre console sports binnacle (displaying volts and oil pressure), as well as the delights of an HSV Short Shifter (on manual models) and race-inspired HSV Performance suspension upgrade.

However, pulses are set to hit the redline with the unique gift that accompanies every ClubSport Special Edition – an HSV Helmet mounted on a timber plinth and personally signed by Mark Skaife and Todd Kelly. Each has been hand painted by world-renowned automotive mural artist, John Kral, from Kral’s Creations. A specific ClubSport Special Edition build plate and special build certificate, signed by Mark Skaife and Todd Kelly, complete the package and ensure that, like previous special edition HSVs, it will be a very collectable proposition.

There is great news in the price, too. While the value of the additional features comes to approximately $3000, the RRP of a ClubSport Special Edition is just $890 above a standard ClubSport. The bottom line is that, with very limited numbers available, it’s only going to be the lucky (and quick) few who have the pleasure of owning this exclusive HSV model.

The ClubSport Special Edition is available from late June at HSV Retailers.
    Last edited by SlickHolden; 04-29-2009 at 10:07 PM.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

i think its getting time that HSV/FPV fitt their bigger brake packages to their cars, 285kw and those brakes mentioned doent sound reasuring, nor does the GT at 290kw and its XR8 based setup. wheels done a test and they perform extremely better than the standard falcons package, but then they tested the brembos again and it was mind boggling.

has anyone heard of the special edition clubbies NZ came up with called the "murph edition"? you wouldnt see them stick around in showrooms or have a chance of a testdrive
    I am the Stig

Nah i havent herd of that SE before, I guess only the sheeps fav friends would buy it i like SE cars but not ones that are named after a driver of celeb like greg normans statesman stuff like that or ED's Wheels it's just a name no big deal but they exspect us to pay $3.000-$10.000 more for there names.

well cars made under others names usually are only worth something if that person is succesful, and they usually follow a big win of theris. the murph special could well have been because of his bathurst win and 3 straight pukekohe wins. John Goss tried the same thing essentiall with Falcon Hardtops during the 70's, but the cars were mainly just a flash paint job
    I am the Stig

Id love one but I would see if I could sell the helmet (?) to get my $800 bucks back . Really , the crap that people try to sell as something valuable is astonishing. Like the $3000 of added extras you get on some "sports models", alloy wheels, sports stickers, colour coded bumpers and the likes. If someone put a sticker on my car I would have them nuetered.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

These special edition models usually have a lower resale compared to the normal models as well, i dont know how this special edition Clubsport will be affected though, i think its current resale would be about 65%
    I am the Stig

I wouldnt mind it not for the SE on it, But for the extra's it has at a good price, Id i was buying a Clubsport i would try and grab this one fast, Cause i would have the options they have for it and i would pay the extra on a standard clubbie, So the SE saves some money, And i get a helmet to woooohoooo lol

well i know FPV are running out some GT-P's at about $62K onroad which is almost $10K off the price, but theyre more than likely 03 models. HSV should easily have gotten rid of their 03 plated models already
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    well cars made under others names usually are only worth something if that person is succesful, and they usually follow a big win of theris. the murph special could well have been because of his bathurst win and 3 straight pukekohe wins. John Goss tried the same thing essentiall with Falcon Hardtops during the 70's, but the cars were mainly just a flash paint job
    Goss didnt do the Goss special edition ford did it in his honor...what goss did do was the doomed XD goss based on the ESP package which also had the phase VI kit on it....
    Well dont forget the GT model is and will more then likly always be more popular...i dont give a rats ass about the Premium that represnts the P i would much rather your every day grand tourer which is already much of a premium over the XR8....But its all relative horses for courses as they say...if i have the urge to modify it why buy a GT...the money saved there could be spent at gregorys ford while going through their herrod parts list...

And that is the desired affect slick...dont fall for gimmicks anybody who can haggle will get the same price if not better...make a not their is a fair profit margin in selling these cars one which they can seriously undercut....my dealership has been undercut on HSV models by about 8k and we already take 2k off if someone says the right things...the statts speak for them selves their 9 a month to out 3...also with that ammount chruning out kind of kills the desirablilty of the vehicals.....

Hello all, I'm new to this forum. I have just recently purchased the SE model and very happy with it. I didn't really care about the extra bits but just counted it as another bonus. I must admit I was anxious with the release of the VZ, but by the pics of the new model I'm pleased with my VY. Looks much more aggressive IMO. (May need some enhancements to match the Ls2 though).

By the way, its been 6 weeks and still waiting for the helmet and other goodies.

Welcome,
    And glad you love your Yseries HSV, If i had the cash i wouldn't mind one myself
    Don't you love them deals when they don't give you the goodies straight away

I saw a pic of the VZ Clubby and theyve put one of the worst front bar's on
    I am the Stig

Congrats on the car mate and welcome! any chance of some pics of the beast?
    The Datto will rage again...

I think the club looks better then the R8

Thread Information