Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: V8 drivers moving

Well johnson is one of the most talented drivers in the field hes nearly won bathurst a couple of times (let down by mechanical failures) was the higest ranked ford driver in 2001 and had 2 round wins for the qld 500 and GMC race of the same year also hes won the class for the bathurst 12 hour in 94 and to earn the right to drive for his father he cut his teeth in super sedan and still has many lap records for the class in his name. Many people dont believe he earned the right to race for his father but his father gave him the shape up or ship out last year and while he isnt performing as well as he has been Dick is still very happy with him as hes putting in 100%. The problem is they seemed to of found the sweet spot with #18 for max wilson but hes up and off the his old team again the car is proven to be fast they just need to set it up for luff.

well that coupld possibly leave Luff in the dark for the good half of next year, but if he can settle for a setup pretty close to Johnson's then DJR should be fine by the sprint races (rnd 5+6)

That is true but im assuming if anyones going to perform this year in that team itllhave to be johnson.

well we shouldnt rule them out yet, dont forget this year Ingall had 4 race wins in his first Ford season and DJR were the highest placed ford team in 2001 so hopefully they can hit back and get some race wins under their belt

I still think theyll be eating FPVs dust and SBRS as well but just not as much next year.

well i wouldnt count them out for the fight just yet. FPR will have their struggles and SBR may hold thier dominance next year but id rather DJR go up than them 2 go down.

You a DJ fan or somthing? i personally would rasther see ford keep its current form but if push come to shove id rather FPV come out on top.

well, DJ has built up a good team over the past 20 years and i'd hate to see him flunk out. Im personally an SBR fan though, adn SBR, FPR and DJR all deserve theyre place at the top, ss im hoping next year the three of them can kinda have shared success over the year

DJR has to be the biggest underachieving team in V8s. Radisich is a lunatic who could always be relied on to prang his car and the rest of the team seem to go to no end to find different ways of not finishing or placing. I know thats harsh and racing is a prick of a game but the only other I know who perrenially looks forward to next year is Glen Seaton. Remember him. The guy that once was on equal billing with Skaife.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

well radisich is gone now, they need Bowe back i reckon

Well in theory next year should be better for the 2 time champion glenn seton unless prodrive keep using him as a gunea pig like in the last few races. At a few stages in glenns career he was well in front of skaife but those days are long gone.
    I persoanllybelive the biggest under achievers in this are Team dynamic they were billed with so much and were expected to do so well but they preformed like they were tied to trees this year and their comment about winning the series in a teams first year nearly made me laugh.

i woulodnt put team dynamic down for the count as much as that, they had a solid package for the good part of the year and came close to winning a round remember

Yeah they nearly won Sandown but the thing is im putting them down for their team bosses pig headed comments at the start of the year,Saying they wanted to win the championship in their first year fair enough if they wanted to win a few rounds but its a well proven fact it takes 2 years to establish a team. the ston brothershave been around since 95/96 i think it was and they have been a strong team ever since the start but look howlong it took them to win the championship.

but stone brothers were a 3rd rate team until 1998 when bright/richards won bathurst but went back to that status until 2001 when ambrose hopped aboard. 2002 they got up the top being the only ford team to win and this year theyre considered one of the best, if not the best. saying something like tha tat the start of a debut season though is pretty stupid. winning sandown wouldve been something though, it wouldve been the first time in a while that skaifeys only won one round a season

Skaifeys won rounds this year. And thats why i dont like team dynamic the team bossoh so casuallysaid hell do somthing in his first year what many top level teams have been working at for years.

Thread Information