Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Rally Car?

Here's a might-have-been ...

Fiat developed the Fiat X1/9 with Twin-Cam 2litre but it never saw the light of day. Just found ONE photo from the factory. These cars wer lighter and had more power than the great Stratos and were going to replace it in world rallying.

A work colleague had built a copy of this car for stage rallying in the UK in the early 80s. It looked and sounded fantastic , was UNBEATABLE on tarmac and UNDRIVEABLE on forest

(Sorry about quality, but it's an old book - it does look better full size )

EDIT: Renamed attachment as the pic is from 73ish
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 04-19-2006 at 08:07 AM.

My father was a rally man, and his shop in michigan worked on some of the original semi trucks that ran in the early Dakar rally raids. Along with this, he also found a FIAT Rally model from the 70's and I still have it. He owned 3 or 4 FIAT'S thru out the upper 70s and 80s, and the model is quite interesting. From one of the pictures, I can tell that he had 2 cars the looked kind of like the model. Later tonight I will try to figure out what model fiat's him and my mother owned, and also to see if I can find out a way to get the pictures scanned by a friend and the model with a digital camera.
    Taking in donations for a Lancia Delta Integrale, please be considerate of a fellow forum member....:)

Ok, information found out faster than I had though. The model is a FIAT 128 and he's had it since the late 70's. Besides that, he has owned 2 or 3 FIAT 128 coupes, a 124 coupe and some other model I dont recognize. My mother said that he might have owned more before she met him, but I don't know. I will try to get pictures.
    Taking in donations for a Lancia Delta Integrale, please be considerate of a fellow forum member....:)

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Ewok
    My father was a rally man, and his shop in michigan worked on some of the original semi trucks that ran in the early Dakar rally raids. Along with this, he also found a FIAT Rally model from the 70's and I still have it. He owned 3 or 4 FIAT'S thru out the upper 70s and 80s, and the model is quite interesting. From one of the pictures, I can tell that he had 2 cars the looked kind of like the model. Later tonight I will try to figure out what model fiat's him and my mother owned, and also to see if I can find out a way to get the pictures scanned by a friend and the model with a digital camera.
    The most successful FIATs is a close thing between the 131 and the 124 Spider - the latter is my favourite but the 131 was a monster with 250bhp revving to 9000 (25 years ago!). They all sounded beautiful - Italian twin cams at their best.

Favorite Rally Car

My favorite is the 1970 911ST/GT Monte Carlo
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

Mine would have to be the Metro 6R4.
    Here is a pic of my Dads companies one!
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

Renault 5 Turbo.

MGB GT off to the Historic Monte Carlos start at Reims

Another desperate struggle to get the car ready, but we made it - water leak fixed 30 minutes before he's off.
    I couldn't make this event with my driver, so he's got another nav.
    Not officially entered, but will be at the start at Reims and gonig to see if he can blag his way onto the stages after last car through.
    It's France, they'll love it

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    Im just wondering any body got any good pics of an rs200?
    Somone will compain about reviving old posts but this one was still breathing

Anyway, don't you wish you could have been here 20 years ago ?

The 200 RS200s built for homologation awaiting some customers.
    They were going cheap a year later when GrB was banned outright !!

I remember one being sold a while back on ebaymotors. Twas for a pretty penny.

I Need Ur Assistance

I Am A Nigeria With Driving Experience, I Like Driving Car For Racing But Unfortunately, We Don't Have Car Race(sport) Here In Nigeria, But I Want To Be More Expert.
    I Will Be Very Glad If You Can Assist Me On This Issue, Your Early Reply Will Be Appreciated. Thanks And God Bless.

Yours Sincerely,
    Olumurphy,
    Nigeria,
    Ogun-state,
    Sango-ota,

Quote Originally Posted by Olumurphy
    I Am A Nigeria With Driving Experience, I Like Driving Car For Racing But Unfortunately, We Don't Have Car Race(sport) Here In Nigeria, But I Want To Be More Expert.
    I Will Be Very Glad If You Can Assist Me On This Issue, Your Early Reply Will Be Appreciated. Thanks And God Bless.

Yours Sincerely,
    Olumurphy,
    Nigeria,
    Ogun-state,
    Sango-ota,
    Tell us more about you and what you have driven and we'll see if we can help.

Heads-up, if this is a 419 then please stop now

Quote Originally Posted by Suka
    Mine would have to be the Metro 6R4.
    I can't decide between that bonkers-motor and the 2003/4 Focus RS with the seriously kool rear spoiler..

Nothing beats the Lancia Delta S4 for powerplants tho... supercharger AND turbo.. hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Their is a large Group B onwership club in the UK but thir web page for contacts has gone down ...- keep trying www.groupb-cc.org.uk and hopefully they'll get it fixed soon.
    Sadly I remember a magazine (CCC) stating that the group b cc had closed due to declining membership. Equally sad is that the mag closed recently, after 40years+ of loyal service.

Quote Originally Posted by RenesisEvo
    Sadly I remember a magazine (CCC) stating that the group b cc had closed due to declining membership. Equally sad is that the mag closed recently, after 40years+ of loyal service.
    CCC gone Wow the end of an era, shame it was a great mag when the readers interests in cars was about performance nad handling and competing. The rise of rags like MaxPower etc is all aout posing. Shame. RIP
    Didn't know about Group B club closing.
    There's another organisation 'slowly sideways' which has entered a few cars in competitions I've been at. They all seemed Group B cars, maybe they're resurrected
    Some photos of their cars late last year at http://www.courtney-msport.com/03-manxgroupb/page1.htm

Thread Information