Thread: Problem with engine overheating EA Ford

Problem with engine overheating EA Ford

wondering if anyone can assist. I am at the end of my tether. Had LPG Gas fitted over 2 years ago and have had problems ever since. Now I have what I think may be a new problem.. I always use LPG. Engine is cutting out for what appears to be no reason, just when I am driving along. This used to occur on deceleration but now at any time.. Occurs always when hot weather and when pulling a trailer, even if trailer is empty. Will always start again though, could be some time from 2 minutes to 30 minutes.. I always have coolant in the radiator but last few days have noticed bubbling sound when stopping engine. Ive been told various options from the mix of LPG and petrol is wrong, radiator is leaking, water is getting into petrol, blocked fule line, blocked exhaust. Ive even paid about ten different mechanics for no good reason as nothign has changed. Can anyone suggest what to do? thanks in anticipation

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Have you checked your ignition timing? How about your spark plugs? Connections to the coil? Cam timing? Maybe it needs a new timing chain.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

i would check everything above, and i would also look at checking my cooling system...one test you can do, is with the vehicle cold, remove the radiator cap, then start the vehicle and let it run till it warms up....if the anti freeze start spewig out of the radiator, it will more then likely be a head gasket....if that doesn't happen and the anti freeze flows freely when the thermostat opens, then the noise you are hearing is probably a plugged radiator or heater core......just my .02 hotwheels
    1992 mustang gt twinturbo'd
    1988 mustang gt bottlefed
    2004 mach 1 resting in garage
    see pic's of my car's at www.turborides.com

I would get the cooling system pressure tested,check to see if you have water in the oil ,are you losing coolant.Could be fuel vaporisation also when the fuel gets hot and turns to vapour before reaching the carby.
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Thread Information