• M3 4.0

7 11.29%
  • Ford Supercharged 4.6

5 8.06%
  • Something else (post what)

4 6.45%
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Supercar Engine Poll

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    I went for the Hemi. I mean c'mon, it's a Hemi! Second choice is an LS/1
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    SUMMARY
    The base is 95-102 octane petroleum.
    An F1 car can (does) run on standard premium (95-97) fuel. ferrari has a shell station a fiorano that supplys the same fuel to F1 and road cars.

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    I wish I could get 95 or 97 octane here. Premium in California means 91 octane, and in most of the rest of the States means 92 or 93.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

i like the Hemi, but it's MASSIVE! With the 160k weight limit, it's out. Radical engine: great, but serious lack of torque. maybe a turbo'd version. You can get 400 horses out of one turbo'd Hayabusa, so imagine what you can get with 2!
    BTW, this turbo'd Hayabusa was put in a Mini (old one) converted to RWD
    UCP's second biggest classic-car fan. Representing the 1% of kids who love REAL cars : the classics

UCP mac user #3

TN55- latte-drinking, sushi-eating, Volvo-driving liberal extraordinaire

Nothing with forced induction, because you can tune it as much as is possible before it blows up, then add on a couple of sequential turbos, maybe a supercharger...

does anyone have any specs on the radical V8? longevity, price, etc? im still going for the LS1, light compact, and massive amounts of power/torque. the radical V8 seems like a good idea if not expensive and not up to par on the power/torque numbers. so any clue on price?
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

"It is unprecedented that a new engine development programme should go so well. This engine is going to re-write the book. The RPA engine is producing Cosworth DFV power at sensible clubman money. All the signs are that the RPA(engine) rebuild costs will be very reasonable, and the time between rebuilds should be over 30 hours."
    right off the Radical website.

"should be over 30 hours". ha i hardly find that reliable...
    and with a power peak of 383hp and harldy over 200lb foot of torque, impressive in design but not in practice. not to mention its not even in production yet and theirs only one made. and all its doing/done is sitting on a dyno...

Quote Originally Posted by megotmea7
    "It is unprecedented that a new engine development programme should go so well. This engine is going to re-write the book. The RPA engine is producing Cosworth DFV power at sensible clubman money. All the signs are that the RPA(engine) rebuild costs will be very reasonable, and the time between rebuilds should be over 30 hours."
    right off the Radical website.

"should be over 30 hours". ha i hardly find that reliable...
    and with a power peak of 383hp and harldy over 200lb foot of torque, impressive in design but not in practice. not to mention its not even in production yet and theirs only one made. and all its doing/done is sitting on a dyno...
    This is a racing engine (and probably out of place here for supercar choice) and if it can run for thirty hours under race conditions it will be able to cover a full season with at least ten sprint races. People in the historic F1 use a DFV with a serious rev limitation, to make these last a whole season, so there is some progress.

As for my choice, I tend to go for the VWV10, but it is probably too heavy. If they could develop a four litre V8 version, that would be about right. The inline BMW 535d engine (3 litre, 270 bhp and 520/1.36 lbft of torque) would also do the job. If you are not looking for good mileage, you can economize on the size of the fuel tank.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

This is a racing engine (and probably out of place here for supercar choice) and if it can run for thirty hours under race conditions it will be able to cover a full season with at least ten sprint races. People in the historic F1 use a DFV with a serious rev limitation, to make these last a whole season, so there is some progress.
    all the while making less power and still being reletivly unreliable

As for my choice, I tend to go for the VWV10, but it is probably too heavy. If they could develop a four litre V8 version, that would be about right. The inline BMW 535d engine (3 litre, 270 bhp and 520/1.36 lbft of torque) would also do the job. If you are not looking for good mileage, you can economize on the size of the fuel tank.
    just about any diesel will be to heavy due to their heavy braced blocks, besides are we making a supercar here or a stump puller?

just about any diesel will be to heavy due to their heavy braced blocks, besides are we making a supercar here or a stump puller?
    oh come on, spare me your US prejudice
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

and spare me your european liberalism

and spare me your european liberalism
    liber means free, if you don't want our freedom you can always go for GWB's version

it also means reform and you can keep your diesel reforming butt away from my supercar! j/k
    and ill stay away from dubyas "freedom" too thank you

If weight is now the benchmark how about the Cosworth 4cyl stroked to 2.2L with the 8 injector setup and T04 Garrett turbo,that'll pump out 550Hp with 500 ft lbs of torque running through an uprated Renault transaxle to give mid mount/rear drive,same setup as the RS200 EVO had

also an option, how much did it weigh, how much would it cost, and how relaible was it?

Thread Information