Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ford GT is Disapointing

I've seen it in real person too, and i think the Ford GT is a great car, the car is well made and the design detail is quite impressive too.

It is better than any current ferrari besides the Enzo/F60.

but too be honest, i can't really imagine a Ford GT in white tho....

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    Here we go. Beat what, how. How does it even matter which one is ultimately .02 of a second faster over 400mt, from 0-100 or around some race track the owners will probably never drive on? Cars like this are bought as much for the car itslef as for performance. Considering few owners/drivers will ever explore the limits of that perfomance it is nothing but bar talk.
    come on now, this is silly. We are in an internet forum talking about supercars. Most of us will never see a GT40 on the road, let alone drive one, or better yet owning one. You are certainly correct in stating that the owners will not drive these cars to 5/8 of their capacity, but who's talking about the owners? How many owners will ever get their enzo over 200mph? How many mclaren drivers actually take the 1.1million dollar car out on the road? The number is probably disappointing, but that's too bad, because people who discuss cars on an internet forum have accepted that fact a long time ago.

In regards to the what and how, we were discussing lap times at a certain track. I assumed that people would understand the direction of the conversation, and place the lambo and gt on said track, where the GT, which is more of a track car, would probably have a shorter lap time than a Gallardo.
    And Iraaaaaaaaaaaan

Iran's so far awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

ROR

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich
    come on now, this is silly. We are in an internet forum talking about supercars. Most of us will never see a GT40 on the road, let alone drive one, or better yet owning one. You are certainly correct in stating that the owners will not drive these cars to 5/8 of their capacity, but who's talking about the owners? How many owners will ever get their enzo over 200mph? How many mclaren drivers actually take the 1.1million dollar car out on the road? The number is probably disappointing, but that's too bad, because people who discuss cars on an internet forum have accepted that fact a long time ago.

In regards to the what and how, we were discussing lap times at a certain track. I assumed that people would understand the direction of the conversation, and place the lambo and gt on said track, where the GT, which is more of a track car, would probably have a shorter lap time than a Gallardo.
    I am commenting on the futility of these "car A is better than car B" arguments. Mostly the preferences are quite removed from objectivity which is ok. My point is that not much splits these cars in performance comparisons and what does is going to be irrelevent in the real world.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

right now D.C. and Miami., but also London
    Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    I am commenting on the futility of these "car A is better than car B" arguments. Mostly the preferences are quite removed from objectivity which is ok. My point is that not much splits these cars in performance comparisons and what does is going to be irrelevent in the real world.
    THANKYOU... Although I do think that some cars are better cars than others depending on the purpose for which they are made. The Ford GT does has soe questionable build quality issues (IMHO), but it more than makes up for it with its supercar ability (its reason for being made) at a (relatively) bargin price.
    Mustangs/ TVRs, M3s, 911 Turbos...make me smile from ear to ear...everything else..just makes me smile.

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    The GT may not be the best or brightest supercar out there, but really, it's done what it originally set out to do in the first place, which was to beat the 360. There's probably more potential in that chassis, too.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

everyone knows theres more potential in that motor, its been out for years and theres all kinda of power adders for it oout, shit you could have bough the concept and made 1000hp the day after it came out
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

its so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!beats the 360 modena!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jyi1693
    its so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!beats the 360 modena!!!!!!!!!!!

that goes without saying
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Quote Originally Posted by megotmea7
    everyone knows theres more potential in that motor, its been out for years and theres all kinda of power adders for it oout, shit you could have bough the concept and made 1000hp the day after it came out
    I know. I wasn't JUST talking about the engine which of course has loads of potetntial; when I say chassis, I mean there's probably increased handling and such in there too if you're into that kinda thing
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

I haven't seen one in person yet.... but from all of the pictures I've seen, I like it... It kind of looks like the speedracer car....

the first writeup in one magazine had the viper srt-10 being just as quick... as I was not impressed...

although the 2nd time they tested, the GT trounced the Viper with 130MPH trap speeds.... as it should....

I like it. It's a good clean design. But you're right, the rear bumper and diffuser were actually a bit of an afterthought - it was developed and added during testing of the "finished" product - or so I've read somewhere... Overall though, clean design, big motor, good drivetrain = BIG fun...

the good thing about the ford gt is that in a few years you will be able to mod it because it has essentially the same engine as the 200o mustang cobra r. which
    has alot of mods so i have no dought that in a couple of years we will see a 600hp+ ford gt

hennessey already is making mod packages for the ford gt. expect them to be available before spring 2005
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    American cars are often parked "by feel".
    Lots of low speed nudges.
    Also the police will PUSH your car out of busy intersectinos if you break down - happened in Seattle to me I'm liking doing the "Eureopan thing" getting out the car and waiting to hook up a tow-rope and this cop is shouting at me to "get back in the car" - I was waiting for him to pull his gun
    They were the first IIRC to require cars to have deformable bumpers as first supplied on the Saab 20 years ago.
    Funny story Matra.
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

Thread Information