Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: mkv toyota supra

mkv toyota supra

the asian car forum is dragging ass considering all the great things japan has planned for car lovers, i.e. the new lexus concepts, nissans new direction, and all the neat little things revealed at the tokyo motor show.

anyway, i cant stop thinking about what the next supra will look like. all ive found was a lot of speculation, and some hideous concept art. but i also found this:

i think this one looks amazing. and compared to all the other pics ive seen, this one seems the most inspired and logical.
    no matter what it might look like, i hope its not as heavy as the other supras.

is it just me or does this supra concept look a bit like a 2000gt?
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Originally posted by Batmobile_Turbo
    is it just me or does it just look...well...ugly? (just the front)
    Last edited by DwZX35; 12-06-2003 at 10:59 PM.
    Puff Daddy says his Ferrari 360 Spider can go 220 because the speedo says so
    *coughretardcough*

Originally posted by Batmobile_Turbo
    Sure does. That is THE classic Jap car according to some. I think it looks good (and I normally hate retro styling).
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

I don't think it has the same fluidity of design as the 2000gt, perhaps a passing resemblence...
    i think it looks more like a DB9, especially the side window profile, and this can be no bad thing, i actually think this is a marvellous looking car.
    Amen it isn't too heavy, as well as getting thee front a bit tidied up..
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

i stsrted a thread on importforum.com with all the supra concept pics ive found(along with a thread on proposed RX-7's) and this was one of them. the tail lights scream out eagle talon...
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

Have a look at the side profile. Forget the edges and so on, the proportions look very similar to a TVR Tuscan. I like the look, it is quite purposeful.

Toyota began working on much lighter non-turbo cars about 4 years ago, the products being the new 'lightweight' Corolla and the celica that had lost about 140 kgs. I read an interview with a toyota design team member a couple of years back who stated that they did want it much lighter, and to be a short-stroke 8 cylinder. Whether anything came of that, who knows?

I think it looks...

quite like a Tuscan also Nildo. Sort of like the new Bimmer flame styling too, like a Z4 on the side. But much better looking than the Bimmers.

I also heard they were considering using a V-8 in the new Supra, and personally I think that would kick major ass.

I think that concept looks just like what I always thought the Supra should be, a japanese muscle car. With rear drive and now even a V-8, this could be one mean mofo of a sport coupe.
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

Glad you agree....I love the Tuscans looks already. It looks like it means business, looks tough.

Some guy (who was a total toyota nut) was claiming it would be based on two 2ZZ-GE motors put together....would be quite powerful, then. It would need to be light though, as that engine is not especially strong in the low and mid range. Low weight with such an engine would be a really cool combo....like a cheaper 360 modena!
    Last edited by Nildo; 12-09-2003 at 02:43 PM.

Originally posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    I don't think it has the same fluidity of design as the 2000gt, perhaps a passing resemblence...
    i think it looks more like a DB9, especially the side window profile, and this can be no bad thing, i actually think this is a marvellous looking car.
    Amen it isn't too heavy, as well as getting thee front a bit tidied up..
    the back definately looks like a DB9 but the front bears a stiking resemblance to a 2000GT
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

well the front bit does look uglyish but the side and back part look pretty bad and it does have a resemblence to the 2000gt

Angry

I hate almost all asian cars only because they just copy other cars and mtch them up the side is the coppy of the X coupe concept . i would say they just copied and past it after and those light s looks realy familiar to me i will find those light and post them but look at the side isnt that coppy paste
    Attached Images Attached Images

Talking

Sory wrong pic lol

ok here it is

Thumbs up

this car should be doing realy fine

Thumbs up

The back looks better

Thread Information