Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • lambo gallardo

17 30.91%
  • ferrari F430M

38 69.09%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: lamborghini gallardo vs ferrari F430M

i would have picked the lambo but seeing the f430 in silver chnaged my mind. i've only seen it in red so far and wasn't too impressed but it looks stunning in that pic.
    i'm never sure about red for ferraris, sure its traditional but most look better in other colours. for example the 360M looked amazing in dark blue

Quote Originally Posted by derekthetree
    for example the 360M looked amazing in dark blue
    OMG that's my favourit colour for the 360 Modena!
    Even better on the 360 CS...

You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

Here we go.

Quote Originally Posted by ///M Power
    hands down the f430 it looks better, performs better. what more could you want?
    Something that isn't a Ferrari maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by goldenbullet
    Here we go.
    Where are we going?

Spain?
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Something that isn't a Ferrari maybe...
    Well... there are many fanboys in here but you are one of the few "hate-boys".
    The last posts from you where like "BMW is all crap, way to expensive..."
    And now you say you just don't like Ferrari?
    You just sound like you had a personal vendetta against some brands.
    Really reminds me of the attitude of a fanboy. Just in the opposite direction.

Well, that's just my impression of the last posts you did. No offense meant.

Quote Originally Posted by andy.muc
    The last posts from you where like "BMW is all crap, way to expensive..."
    Excuse me, but I don't believ I have ever said that.

I suggest you either find the quote or retract that before I get annoyed.

[/QUOTE]And now you say you just don't like Ferrari?
    You just sound like you had a personal vendetta against some brands.
    Really reminds me of the attitude of a fanboy. Just in the opposite direction.
    [/QUOTE]

There is a subtle difference between a fanboy any myself.

I don't "hate" any brands.

I do, however think that the recent generation of Ferraris have been noting more than overblown FIATs.

Gone are the days of stunningly beautiful cars made by a passionate car manufacture with nothing but the desire to make great sportscars.

Instead they appear to have stolen KIA's big book of designs, and are arrogant in the extreme, as are most of their fans. It is the "Ferrari are the greatest because they are Ferrari - how dare you disagree" attitude that I hate, not Ferrari as such.

Fanboys irrationally believe something is the greatest because of the badge - they all like the new Ferraris because they are Ferraris. I don't like the new Ferraris because IMHO they are a dissapointing load of twaddle.
    Thanks for all the fish

Excuse me, but I don't believ I have ever said that.

I suggest you either find the quote or retract that before I get annoyed.
    I'm very sorry, it was Matra et Alpine who said something like that.
    I really get your point and i'm sure that there's more behind an quick comment like your last on Ferrari.
    It just sounded so like there was nothing to argue about your comment.
    Just like fanboys sound. They are so overconfident about what they belief.

Didn't meant so get you annoyed.

I do, however think that the recent generation of Ferraris have been noting more than overblown FIATs.

Gone are the days of stunningly beautiful cars made by a passionate car manufacture with nothing but the desire to make great sportscars.

Instead they appear to have stolen KIA's big book of designs...
    Well... that's like your oppinion. Sounds too extreme to me.
    Last edited by andy.muc; 12-17-2004 at 04:19 AM.

Where are we going?

Spain?
    I wanna go to Spain....

Well considering that Conventry is doing a Vehicle design course, I'd say his 'opinion' holds a bit more sway than the average net geek, andy.muc...

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferous
    Well considering that Conventry is doing a Vehicle design course, I'd say his 'opinion' holds a bit more sway than the average net geek, andy.muc...
    There's a big difference between somebody who does the design of a car an an engineer who builds the car.
    Maybe Coventrysucks is right about the change of the design but Ferrari certainly does not build "overblown FIATs".
    I'm not a creative head so i can't say if Ferrari has "stolen KIA's big book of designs".
    I'm sure that's an oppinion like everybody has one.

A car can be engineered to the eyeballs, but if there isn't a good looking shell wrapped around it. Ferrari's were about the best engineered cars in the best looking bodies, everything about them is suppposed to inspire passion. The new ones don't seem to, and it seems that a lot of people agree with me. I'd say when so many people have a similar opinion, I'd say that maybe Ferrari should take a look at it's prooducts.

Quote Originally Posted by jyi1693
    which do you guys like better?to me its the gallardo!it looks better to me and has more horsepower!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    well, it's whatever... sure the Gallardo has more HP, sure it weighs less - sh*t lot of good it does it... it's slower to 60 than the F430 and it's got a lower "big end" than the F430. Anyone care to guess why? I'll tell you why, it's because the Ferrari is better engineered. I'm not talking about quality or anything like that, Lambo makes some awesome cars... but the Ferrari doesn't need the "extra" 2 cylinders and 17 hp to beat the Gallardo. That, combined with the fact that I'm a Ferrari nut, means the F430 wins

the numbers don't lie:

Ferrari F430 = 4.3 liter, 483 horse - 112 hp/liter - 0-60 3.9 - top end 196

Lambo Gallardo = 4.9 liter, 500 horse - 101 hp/liter - 0-60 4.1 - top end 192

I suppose it may seem a bit trivial, but the Gallardo - Better looks (more cohesive, better proportioned, design purity), Built extremely well (Audi owns their ass and wants the build up to scratch).

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferous
    A car can be engineered to the eyeballs, but if there isn't a good looking shell wrapped around it. Ferrari's were about the best engineered cars in the best looking bodies, everything about them is suppposed to inspire passion. The new ones don't seem to, and it seems that a lot of people agree with me. I'd say when so many people have a similar opinion, I'd say that maybe Ferrari should take a look at it's prooducts.
    Isn't the Enzo very much engineered/designed by aerodymic aspects rather than by style-factors?
    You may be right, bu it's still an oppinion. There also are enough people who think the new designs of Ferrari are the best they have ever done. (Did i just say that?)
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think Ferrari is running deficit by selling less cars because they look like "overblown FIATs".
    Sure there are some basic design elements that can be wrong and right
    (and i'm sure the Ferrari Designers are aware of them) but mainly the design depends on personal oppinions.
    I'm really not a big Ferrari fan but i think you are going too hard on Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by andy.muc
    Isn't the Enzo very much engineered/designed by aerodymic aspects rather than by style-factors?
    You may be right, bu it's still an oppinion. There also are enough people who think the new designs of Ferrari are the best they have ever done. (Did i just say that?)
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think Ferrari is running deficit by selling less cars because they look like "overblown FIATs".
    Sure there are some basic design elements that can be wrong and right
    (and i'm sure the Ferrari Designers are aware of them) but mainly the design depends on personal oppinions.
    I'm really not a big Ferrari fan but i think you are going too hard on Ferrari.
    Well its not as if Toyota are in a huge deficit because their cars are boring and stale. It's important to remember that just because a car company is making a lot of money, it doesn't necessarily mean that their cars are the best in the market.

There's right and wrong in design, but being different seems to be big at the moment, and that's where design rules get broken and cars get ugly.

You may want to rethink the "You may be right, but it's still an opinion" comment, it may confuse...

Hard one but id say F430.
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

Thread Information