Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Webber to annihilate Schumacher and Ferrrari

Quote Originally Posted by mumu
    before he can beat schu or any other driver, he must 1st beat his teammate (pizza boy or heidfeld) and williams better start making a 'competitive' car...

until then, all we can do is wait... but imho, i think heidfeld will do a better job (if he gets the ride).
    What a load of ****en shit here,
    When Webber drove the POS Jag and Pizza girl was driving the Williams he still couldn't match Webber. So do you think on even ground like when they both were team mates that this guy can do better?? if you do then your not being fair to yourself. Wake up man it's time to stop the bullshit and let them drive and we shall see what we shall see ok?.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Pizzonia's been booking better thimes than Webber in the same car at Jerez !

HOWEVER, different days different setups but still 0.4s on the same track one day apart - AND Webber going second so any lessons learned would have been implemented ....
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Pizza has had more time in the car, He drove it for a bit in 2004, When the race starts all this will be a distant memory with Webber in the top 3-5 and pizza in the top 6-10

New car for the new regs, nice try Slick
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Hey he went from a push bike to a rocket it's gunna take time, You will see in 1month he will light up the track and they will shit

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    New car for the new regs, nice try Slick

What Slick's getting at though is Pizzonia had far more experience in the FW26 than Webber from past experience as test driver and filling in for Ralf on 4 occasions. Sure Williams ran an interim car but i guess the whole idea of the interim car means theres parts of the old car there still.
    I am the Stig

With the new tyres and body regs I doubt ANY of these cars handle the same.

There was sa quote from one fo the test drivers that they slide all over the place and are going to take more skill from the driver to control them - excellent

Yeah that was Franck Montagny - something i think thats gunna play even further into Webber's hands IMO. Of course Schuey will be taking full advantage of it as well so 2005 will no doubt be his year, again
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    What Slick's getting at though is Pizzonia had far more experience in the FW26 than Webber from past experience as test driver and filling in for Ralf on 4 occasions. Sure Williams ran an interim car but i guess the whole idea of the interim car means theres parts of the old car there still.
    Thank you for telling my story in english for me mate

Iliked that point Matra made about Senna.....Apprently he thought it was his god given right to win (personally i think hes nuttier then a fruit cake CUCKOO BING CUCKOO not that it really matters now)

Well crisis as hard as it may be to believe there have been a few paying driver in f1 from a little light reading i have been doing here and there there just so happen to be a japenese racer by the name of Taki Inouh who is no doubt one of the most knocked driver to be in f1....and i find it really humerous that he was hit by the pace car in 95

Anyone for light Reading www.f1rejects.com the name implies the site is harsher then it really is....the owner describes it genrally as heroic battlers who just never really stood a chance....and for all us aussies its got one of the best larry perkins biographys ive seen in a long time.

As for webber he has recieved praise from schuie...im guessing either where not hearing other praise other drivers recieve from him or it is no mean feat. But either way potential champion or not next year this is his best chance hes had so far in general we all seem to agree hes a good driver so lets all raise a chilled tube to him "all the best Mr Webber"

GReat site Falcon, I opened my Christmas present early and it is brilliant - if a tad cruel to some - eg Johnny Dumfries

Well the news went a bit crazy when through the year in an interview with Schumacher, he was questioned about potential champions after any retirement of his and the usual Alonso, Raikonnen and Button came out of his mouth, followed by a pause and "Webber", but hey, maybe the pause speaks for itself there. Maybe it was just 3 years stuck in the Jag and the Minardi didnt give him the chance to prove himself as a race leader that the 3 afformentioned drivers had all year
    I am the Stig

A little bit of perspective on Webber. I'm a kiwi, living in Australia, and I hope that Webber does well. But, since I wasn't born in Australia I may be a tad less patriotic about Webber.
    First, Webber hasn't had the best team mates in the business - but he has comprehensively beaten them in both qualifying and race craft. The difference between Webber and Klein in 2004 probably similar to the difference between Schumacher and Barrichello - at least in speed/race craft terms. Webber dominated Klein to the same extent the Schumacher dominated Barrichello. It's also worth noting that Webber has rated Klein highly, and that Klein has attracted some deserved attention for his bold (sometimes overly rash) overtaking manouvers. Since we have been unable to compare Webber to any experienced stars, its been very difficult to rate Klein as well. However, I read plenty of stories from insiders that Klein is plenty talented, yet he couldn't match Webber. Whether that tells us anything is hard to say.
    Webber hasn't won anything important on the way through to Formula One. Prior to his 5th place finish in the 2002 Australian Grand Prix, he was most remembered for somersaulting a Mercedes at Le Mans in 1999. A few F3000 wins and a helping hand from Paul Stoddardt helped into into F1. His speed in terrible to average F1 cars got him the drive at Williams.
    If Webber wins a World Championship it won't be the first time that a driver has excelled in F1 but did nothing special on the way to F1. Damon Hill was just such a driver.
    I'm yet to be convinced that Webber is fast enough to win in F1. I don't believe he is the most naturally gifted driver there. I think he's more the Nigel Mansell mould - he has to work hard at his driving.
    Webber is however one of the toughest drivers mentally in F1 and seems very good at mind games and absorbing pressure. Also, as Slick has said, is renowned for his work ethic and team building/playing skills.
    Its been noted the Pizzonia has been faster than Webber in testing so far. This proves nothing (it would prove nothing if it was the other way round as well). The drivers would've had different fuellevels, different suspension settings, different wing settings. The cars were probably fitted with different experimental items for each driver.
    Every year we talk about who is fastest in testing in the off season, and come Melbourne it usually proves to be wrong. Every year recently, Sauber have been near the top in pre season testing and that hasn't translatted.
    Also, Barrichello is often faster than Schumacher in testing. Does this mean that he is a better/faster driver than Schumacher?
    Testing is purely about learning the car and team and experimenting with different setups. It doesn't really give any decent insight into how one driver will actually fare against another in an actual Grand Prix.
    I take an academic interest in the off season testing - but I try not to read too much into it.
    When it comes to how well Webber can do in the Williams there is only one answer. The first real clue we get will be in the first qualifying session at Melbourne. He then has 19 Grand Prix after that to show us his potential. Until then, we can't know how he will do.
    Last edited by motorsportnerd; 12-19-2004 at 05:53 AM.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

That reminds me of one of the all time best players at the Western Bulldogs,
    He was never the best on the tranning track he never one the races was never leading the team in any tranning ever, He was always mid pack to the rear in all preseason and season tranning, Then once he got on the field to play he was head and shoulders above the rest and has the reputation from 17 as being the one to lift his side to glory, He almost did in 97, He could very easy have 3 brownlow medals, (Chris Grant)

It's amazing how someone can work on there faults & weakness and make themselves one of the best

Quote Originally Posted by motorsportnerd
    A little bit of perspective on Webber. I'm a kiwi, living in Australia, and I hope that Webber does well. But, since I wasn't born in Australia I may be a tad less patriotic about Webber.
    First, Webber hasn't had the best team mates in the business - but he has comprehensively beaten them in both qualifying and race craft. The difference between Webber and Klein in 2004 probably similar to the difference between Schumacher and Barrichello - at least in speed/race craft terms. Webber dominated Klein to the same extent the Schumacher dominated Barrichello. It's also worth noting that Webber has rated Klein highly, and that Klein has attracted some deserved attention for his bold (sometimes overly rash) overtaking manouvers. Since we have been unable to compare Webber to any experienced stars, its been very difficult to rate Klein as well. However, I read plenty of stories from insiders that Klein is plenty talented, yet he couldn't match Webber. Whether that tells us anything is hard to say.
    Webber hasn't won anything important on the way through to Formula One. Prior to his 5th place finish in the 2002 Australian Grand Prix, he was most remembered for somersaulting a Mercedes at Le Mans in 1999. A few F3000 wins and a helping hand from Paul Stoddardt helped into into F1. His speed in terrible to average F1 cars got him the drive at Williams.
    If Webber wins a World Championship it won't be the first time that a driver has excelled in F1 but did nothing special on the way to F1. Damon Hill was just such a driver.
    I'm yet to be convinced that Webber is fast enough to win in F1. I don't believe he is the most naturally gifted driver there. I think he's more the Nigel Mansell mould - he has to work hard at his driving.
    Webber is however one of the toughest drivers mentally in F1 and seems very good at mind games and absorbing pressure. Also, as Slick has said, is renowned for his work ethic and team building/playing skills.
    Its been noted the Pizzonia has been faster than Webber in testing so far. This proves nothing (it would prove nothing if it was the other way round as well). The drivers would've had different fuellevels, different suspension settings, different wing settings. The cars were probably fitted with different experimental items for each driver.
    Every year we talk about who is fastest in testing in the off season, and come Melbourne it usually proves to be wrong. Every year recently, Sauber have been near the top in pre season testing and that hasn't translatted.
    Also, Barrichello is often faster than Schumacher in testing. Does this mean that he is a better/faster driver than Schumacher?
    Testing is purely about learning the car and team and experimenting with different setups. It doesn't really give any decent insight into how one driver will actually fare against another in an actual Grand Prix.
    I take an academic interest in the off season testing - but I try not to read too much into it.
    When it comes to how well Webber can do in the Williams there is only one answer. The first real clue we get will be in the first qualifying session at Melbourne. He then has 19 Grand Prix after that to show us his potential. Until then, we can't know how he will do.

i agree with your points... i just dont agree with the thread topic

this is a great break given to webber, now we'll see if he can capitalize on it. as i said before, before he can beat schumy or anybody else, he should 1st beat williams' number 2 (heidfeld/pizzaboy)... and also, we get a chance to see if pizzaboy's claims hold water (ie... webo was treated better at jag etc etc).

Thread Information