0 0%
  • C5

4 19.05%
  • C5

10 47.62%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The 2005 C6

Red face Nahhh

The Corvette doesen't need to change much at all. It fills a very nice niche in the sports car market. It's one of only two true American sports cars (by this I mean, two seat, front engine rear drivers) and it is the fastest thing you can get for the money. The poor man's super car for sure. I don't think any change to the drive train or price range/trim level is neccessary.

I do think it could be made a little more modern technologicly, but then everything works fine with the car now.

Those pics look nice, I like that red too. I've seen white spy pics that didn't look as nice. Can't wait to see all the details and test data.

I'm not a Chevy fan, but I think the C5 (especially the Z06) has turned me into a Corvette fan. Looks good so far Chevy, hope everything turns out well.
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

the only corvette I truly like is the C5-R, but that isnt road legal, so the NSX---er--C6 vette is the best
    Puff Daddy says his Ferrari 360 Spider can go 220 because the speedo says so
    *coughretardcough*

Originally posted by DwZX35
    the only corvette I truly like is the C5-R, but that isnt road legal, so the NSX---er--C6 vette is the best
    why does everyone keep saying that the new vette looks like an NSX? it's hard to tell what the front looks like from the back.
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Originally posted by Batmobile_Turbo
    why does everyone keep saying that the new vette looks like an NSX? it's hard to tell what the front looks like from the back.
    pick up the latest issue of motor trend magazine, it shows it right on the front cover.
    Puff Daddy says his Ferrari 360 Spider can go 220 because the speedo says so
    *coughretardcough*

ugh it does look like the NSX, but i thought that the new corvette is supposed the be released in january, at the detroit auto show. well it still looks good.

Originally posted by NoOne
    I think the 'vette is long overdue for a complete design change, not that there is anything unappealling with the current body, but this basic shape has been around since 1982, sure its had a few curves accentuated but its basic shape is the same.

Time to bring in something new and exciting that isn't hidden under the hood

I'm thinking mid-engine
    The Corvette is as much an enigma as a car. Its one of those things you dont **** with too much. It has had subtle changes but retained its basic V8 rear wheel drive two door sports car persona. One could level the same argument at Posrche who until recently had very few models and in the case of the 911 and its derivatives has also maintained its basic lines and format for many years. And in all but a few examples, I think the Corvette looks better.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Originally posted by crisis
    The Corvette is as much an enigma as a car. Its one of those things you dont **** with too much. It has had subtle changes but retained its basic V8 rear wheel drive two door sports car persona. One could level the same argument at Posrche who until recently had very few models and in the case of the 911 and its derivatives has also maintained its basic lines and format for many years. And in all but a few examples, I think the Corvette looks better.
    I agree that the Corvette we have come to know today is reputed as a V8 Sports car, but we actually have to remember the very earliest of its orgigins. Denying the entire history that would follow it, the '53 Corvette came with a standard Chevy Inline-6 and a 2-speed automatic.

Shameful by today's standards, I know. Heck, it wasn't even truly a sports car by 1953 standards. Regardless, I know what it is now, and I love it

My favorite vettes are the 67 and 70 the 67 is in my opinion the best car ever and the only thing that looks better (to me) than a shiny 70 corvette is one of the original GT40 mkIIIs-but ill never see one of them

i found this.
    Last edited by Batmobile_Turbo; 12-18-2003 at 05:31 PM.

this
    Attached Images Attached Images

and this, the site i found this last one on claimes that it is the real C6.
    Last edited by Batmobile_Turbo; 12-18-2003 at 11:22 PM.

Originally posted by Batmobile_Turbo
    i found this.
    here is the body

that one looks like a hybrid camaro-corvette

Ahhhh!

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Turbo
    and this, the site i found this last one on claimes that it is the real C6.
    I certainly hope that's not the real one! That front end is......just not cool.
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

Quote Originally Posted by more-boost1555
    I certainly hope that's not the real one! That front end is......just not cool.
    i hope it looks like the one of the body i posted.

Thread Information