View Poll Results: Would the world be better off if noone invented guns? (Not the mod you dolts...)

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 48.28%
  • No

15 51.72%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Since we seem to be going in circles...

Th answer you lft out is the "NO DIFFERENCE".
    because without guns ppl would just find other ways to hurt eachother and control others.
    We are born with guns, our fists, and as soon as u pick up a twig with purpuse of smaking one in the head with it , it becomes a weapon. guns are just quicker to kill.

i voted no nonetheless, i can only imagine that MAYBE there would be less suffering.. and that is a thought worth ahving.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

What we're trying to point out though is with a gun you can kill someone standing maybe 500m away from you, try doing that with any primitive hand held weapon. that alone makes the act of killing alot easier as theres no need for one on one combat
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    and one definate big YES on the world being better ( and apologies to those who live in these countries by ours was as bad as the rest )

Without the gun the native may still have their land, Americans, Australian Aborigines and pacific island maoris along with antive Africans, Indians et al

A rather sobering thought
    Well I'm not too sure about the Aboriginal Australians, as there weren't all that many to begin with, but I bet the big bad Maoris would still have their land. Those are some seriously big people.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    its just that guns can be easier to use.
    And yet you still voted No??

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferous
    Well I'm not too sure about the Aboriginal Australians, as there weren't all that many to begin with, but I bet the big bad Maoris would still have their land. Those are some seriously big people.
    I think theyre population around 1788 was about 300,000 which even given the times wasnt much for such a large country, but there were also 600 different language groups so maybe thats a better indication.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Why do you think they come down so hard on you when you get charged with assault or anything and they find out youve got the black belt in Karate

A trained fighter has their body as a weapon
    I do remember this one man who knocked out a bloke and the blow killed him, He was charged with murder not manslaughter only because he was a pro fighter, And the guy he hit couldnt fight his way out of a wet paper towel.
    If he got found guilty or not i dont know havent herd anything?
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    What we're trying to point out though is with a gun you can kill someone standing maybe 500m away from you, try doing that with any primitive hand held weapon. that alone makes the act of killing alot easier as theres no need for one on one combat
    That's right hand to hand combat or with sticks knifes bats, It's going to take it's toll on your body after 2 or 3 fights unless you gab them and it's over,

Guns shoot someone 500 meters away and you might keep going how hard is it to lay there and shoot someone, It's mental tiredness not physical.
    Say someone like me that hasn't touched a gun in 15 years. Back then i was a crack shot, Even today i might be good?? But what damage could i do with a gun AK-47?? Sniper rifle??
    Then what damage could i do with a sword get one and they all go running before you know it someone had tackled me from behind and king hit me out cops come I'm goooooooooooone.
    So that's why if guns weren't made it killing would be just to dam hard.
    That's why i can't understand people that vote if guns weren't made life would be the same, It just can't be the same without guns the hole world would be very different.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferous
    And yet you still voted No??
    yep, because i didn't really read the question. it was only when i went back that i saw the thread was pretty much set for one answer. - even if it is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    Then what damage could i do with a sword get one and they all go running before you know it someone had tackled me from behind and king hit me out cops come I'm goooooooooooone.
    you could say the same for a bolt-action or a double barrel. once you've fired whatever's in the chamber your screwed. unless fear of a gun keeps people away long enough so you can reload. i know i'd fear a gun more than sword.
    but a cop with a glock has a massive firepower advantage over a bolt-action or a side-by-side.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    How can pragmatism NOT be human ?
    I was reffereing to how us murderous humans are very clever at finding more efficient ways to kill.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    I was reffereing to how us murderous humans are very clever at finding more efficient ways to kill.
    yes, and we put so much effort into it
    the cost of one nuclear submarine is enough to feed ethopia for a year or something

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    you could say the same for a bolt-action or a double barrel. once you've fired whatever's in the chamber your screwed. unless fear of a gun keeps people away long enough so you can reload. i know i'd fear a gun more than sword.
    but a cop with a glock has a massive firepower advantage over a bolt-action or a side-by-side.
    I would have more of a chance with a gun.

Like i was saying how much the US spend on overseas wars and shit, but they cant stick some money into home saftey guns being my big point.

Thread Information