View Poll Results: Would the world be better off if noone invented guns? (Not the mod you dolts...)

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 48.28%
  • No

15 51.72%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Since we seem to be going in circles...

Since we seem to be going in circles...

Simple question, Would the world be a better place if guns had not been invented? This includes all gun-based derivatives, and modern war equipment too.

Since we seem to be going in circles with the Pro-Gun Lobbyists... thread, I'm gonna try and get a point across here.

no, cos when guns wouldnt have been invented , people would use swords to kill eachother and if these wouldnt have been invented, people would fight using their hands...

But you could argue that you need to be skilled to use a sword or hand weapon, plus the fact that guns were made to replace hands weapons as they could kill more people more safely and quickly, so there would be less deaths in relation to those which involve guns...

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    no, cos when guns wouldnt have been invented , people would use swords to kill eachother and if these wouldnt have been invented, people would fight using their hands...

whats the matter with fighting using your hands ?

I like watching fights more than watching some guy just shoot another guy, where is the fun in that
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Us smart little critters would have invented some other tool to easily dispatch of other humans getting in our way.

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    It really depends on what kind of people we got out there. Today the US are trying to assasinate almost every president who disagrees with them so a sniper comes very useful in that situation....

Guns should be used only for the right side of the law, but sadly thats not possible

So I say guns were better not invented. Atleast then people in Iraq could fight back...

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferous
    But you could argue that you need to be skilled to use a sword or hand weapon, plus the fact that guns were made to replace hands weapons as they could kill more people more safely and quickly, so there would be less deaths in relation to those which involve guns...
    i could pick up a sword and stab it through someone, that doesnt take skill

there will always be disputes no matter what weapon is involved, people ARE strangled too you know
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang
    whats the matter with fighting using your hands ?

I like watching fights more than watching some guy just shoot another guy, where is the fun in that
    and do you look up murders on the internet?!!?!

If guns were never invented then who knows were we would be today, Guns have helped to win world changing wars all over the place.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    i could pick up a sword and stab it through someone, that doesnt take skill
    You're not grasping ( or avoiding ) the point m_p.

For a battle to be waged with swords it takes a high level of skill to be victorious. Guns just need more and bigger

The skill in gunmanship is aiming. No need to parry anothers blows while shooting
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

The gun is only a mere tool for killing. The act can be performed in many different ways - guns do not make a difference themselves
    To Some, a rusted out 1989 GMC Suburban* is trash

But to Me, its home

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferous
    Simple question, Would the world be a better place if guns had not been invented? This includes all gun-based derivatives, and modern war equipment too.

Since we seem to be going in circles with the Pro-Gun Lobbyists... thread, I'm gonna try and get a point across here.
    better or not it is here to stay, i'm going for NO...
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Like me i shot a piss weak Slug gun 25meters into a can with a slight cross wind, And something I'm not proud of i shot a sparrow 30 meters away on a roof with it. I was never taught to use guns it was natural and i don't like it very much it's something I'm not proud of.
    It's amazing how things can turn you away from guns, Your mate gets shot in the head and lives, Your brother was playing with a bullet he hit it on the ground it went off and it logged in his head.
    Your brothers mate was riding a motorbike down the street and a car pulls next to him and shoots him in the leg with a 22 Mistaken identity. You see death on TV everyday on the news and you just turn away from it. I haven't sat down to watch the news regally In years.
    But i do think if guns wern't made then there would be heaps less deaths, You can't do a hitler with a sword.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    Like me i shot a piss weak Slug gun 25meters into a can with a slight cross wind, And something I'm not proud of i shot a sparrow 30 meters away on a roof with it. I was never taught to use guns it was natural and i don't like it very much it's something I'm not proud of.
    It's amazing how things can turn you away from guns, Your mate gets shot in the head and lives, Your brother was playing with a bullet he hit it on the ground it went off and it logged in his head.
    Your brothers mate was riding a motorbike down the street and a car pulls next to him and shoots him in the leg with a 22 Mistaken identity. You see death on TV everyday on the news and you just turn away from it. I haven't sat down to watch the news regally In years.
    But i do think if guns wern't made then there would be heaps less deaths, You can't do a hitler with a sword.
    when my dad was is grade school some kid brought a bullet to school and hit it with a hammer...some people are born losers

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    You're not grasping ( or avoiding ) the point m_p.

For a battle to be waged with swords it takes a high level of skill to be victorious. Guns just need more and bigger

The skill in gunmanship is aiming. No need to parry anothers blows while shooting
    ohhh ok i got it, yeah that would be harder to win a war, i thought he meant mano y mano

your right in that case then

Thread Information