Page 16 of 107 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: The official avatar resizing thread.

No need to do mine matra, ive now got the program and adobe photoshop. Do now I can do all my future avatars myself
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Just for you 6'bore, I added a pic

Good you've got the tools now, so yes you shoudl manage yourself and even better do a little bit of "pay forward" and do some avatars for others when they post here

If you get ones hard to reduce or compress, drop me a note and I'll see if I can do any better with soem of the tricls I've learned
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Matra, or anybody, have a link for Photoshop?
    I really really really want it because this converting JPEG's to GIF's in paint is killing me - the quality is horrible and the work is slow, AND I want to do chops.

So if anybody does have a link, please post it here or PM me,
    will be appreciated

spit

Edit: I can also help in avatar making, if I have a suitable program like PS. Because, from what I've read (from you), you have to pay for Animation Shop, so that's outta my list. I'll be out for irfanview a 'lil later.
    Last edited by spi-ti-tout; 02-26-2005 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Just for you 6'bore, I added a pic

Good you've got the tools now, so yes you shoudl manage yourself and even better do a little bit of "pay forward" and do some avatars for others when they post here

If you get ones hard to reduce or compress, drop me a note and I'll see if I can do any better with soem of the tricls I've learned

No worries, ive noticed that there have been alot of avatars for you to do, so I will be happy to help
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Can somebody please tend to my request? Thanks

Ok, I got irfanview, only thing is...I don't know how to use it
    Can anybody please tell me how to convert multiple JPEG's to GIF's at the same time please? I find it complicating with all those buttons.

When saving images as jpegs you HAVE to adjust the quality level to get the better images.
    Soudns liek you've been saving heavily compressed, so poor image Q.

irfanview's help explains how to do animated files and how to use jpeg

And to do batch, just choose the menu optiosn - File ... Bacth convers/rename and fill in the dialog box !!!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

For what it's worth, I spent a fair while trying to get this to work on my own, so it's not like I'm a loafer or anything!

I love this GIF, but the only way i could get it into the filesize limit was to halve the number of frames, remove a few more than reduce the overall size to a quarter of the original. Which just looked silly. So if anyone gets the chance to try something with it I'd be grateful, but I think it's probably just too long a file.

yeah, too much to keep it smooth.

I culled this to 1 in 4 frames, topped and tailed a couple more and got this.

I think the humour is still there

New pitch for Wouter -- IF you were a "supporting member" of course the avatar can be bigger/longer/les jerky

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    New pitch for Wouter -- IF you were a "supporting member" of course the avatar can be bigger/longer/les jerky
    You just LOVE advertising don't you?

Oh and thanks very much for the irfanview....i converted 50+ frames in just under a second and it was 40% of my work done. THANKS!!!

Only thing is now I'm having trouble resizing moving GIF's. Everytime I go I first have to stop animation to resize it. When I DO resize it I go 'save as' and choose GIF. When I'm done I go to the file only to discover it doesn't move . But I'm still getting used to it, and reading the "Help" section too. However any pointers would be appreciated

Once again, thanks

IIRC you are best extracting ALL the frames from the animation - Options... Extract all frames....
    THEN batch to resize all the frames and then re-assemble them into a new sequence.

Why Animation Shop is SOOOOOOO much easier

hey everyone!

would it be possible for someone to resize this amazingly pimped out avatar to 90x90? thanx ya'll

"We first fought the heathens in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change." - Serj Tanikan

"Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established." - George Carlin

here you go L .......

Can anyone resize this to 90x90 please?
    please
    http://img129.exs.cx/img129/9623/movie97uz.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Mattg
    please

Matra will have to get onto that one for you, photoshop doesnt let me do moving images
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 03-07-2005 at 11:47 AM. Reason: removed the image - we dont need to see it 3 TIMES :)

Quote Originally Posted by Mattg
    please
    that is one crazy gif!
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 03-07-2005 at 11:48 AM. Reason: removed the image - we dont need to see it 3 TIMES :)

Thread Information