Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Davison joins Team Dynamik for 2005

Davison joins Team Dynamik for 2005

Davison joins Team Dynamik in 2005
    Release Date: 21/12/2004
    Success in the ultra-competitive European racing scene has clinched a Team Dynamik seat in 2005 for Australian speedster Will Davison.

Davison, 22, was today announced as Dynamik’s second driver, to drive the Dodo Racing car #45 on a two-year contract. He will join Simon Wills in the South Australian team’s assault on the 2005 V8 Supercar Series.

“I know it’s very tough to break into the V8s. I’m just so rapt to be able to work with the boys at Dynamik. I see a massive amount of potential in the Team, and I know that I will also grow as a driver. I think we will hit the track very well prepared at Albert Park next year,” Davison said.

Davison filled in as a Dynamik co-driver for this year’s enduro events before heading back to Europe for a test drive with Formula 1 team Minardi last month. He won the Australian Formula Ford series in 2001, and scored a race win and numerous podium finishes in the British F3 series over the past two seasons before coming home mid-year due to a shortage of funds.

Davison impressed Team Dynamik directors at Sandown and Bathurst, and they provided support in his bid to find a long-term drive in Europe to further hone his development.

He said other open-wheeler racers had made a successful transition into V8 Supercars, and he relished the challenge of this fast-growing category.

Current V8 Supercar champ Marcos Ambrose also graduated from racing open-wheelers in Europe four years ago to supercar success.

Team Dynamik Technical Director Oscar Fiorinotto said Davison’s signing ended 2004 on a positive note for the team.

“Will showed real growth as a driver in his enduro stints with the Team. He has the same driving pedigree as Ambrose, and we think this is a good starting point for him to succeed in Supercars. We have a lot of faith in him,” he said.

“With my drives for Dynamik in the enduros I’ve learnt a lot already. Toward the end of Bathurst I was starting to feel really comfortable in the car.”

“I also get on really well with Simon, but I hope to be able to provide some healthy competition for him once I’ve settled into the Team. I believe I can contribute to helping the team progress to the next level and I’m just looking forward to getting on with next year,” he said.

Davison comes from a strong motorsport background: his brother Alex will drive for a rival Holden team, while his father Richard was a past Australian champion, and his grandfather Lex was a multiple Australian grand prix champion.
    I am the Stig

So they are praying they got a little Marcus on there hands here

He will go allright the kid he has a good line of racers in the family the jeans should be full
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Well it seems like it, and for what its worth i hope he does alright. Might be a bit hard to emulate Ambroses 8th place in his first full championship, even Frosty who was being vaunted as the next best thing after his dominance in the 2003 Konica's (winning 5 of 6 rounds) and pace in the enduro's aboard the #9 SBR car with Noske, and he got 12th this year

I think he couldve picked a better team to join first though, or at least one in better circumstances. The FIA just released when Team Dynamik will be having their appeal, some time in February it is now. It'd be a real pity that now the kids got the 2 year contract, if the FIA comes back from the appeal and it doesnt go in TD's favour, they could be facing financial ruin and still have those 2 rounds to start from pits, 1 lap down.
    I am the Stig

This may be a carrer move that can break a cerrer....Hes going into a team thats under the microscope at the moment and could suffer severly especially if he starts a lap down even in one race! I wish him all the best and hope that he and his team can survive through this adversity.

Well considering he was trying out for one of Minardi's 2005 seats only a week or so ago, you'd argue that even if HRT or SBR signed him it'd be a bad career move. I think as far as it being his first season goes, no ones going to expect him to get into the top 10 or anything, so those 2 rounds starting a lap down shouldnt do too much for him. Afterall, go back to Indy 2000 and it was a simple one make Integra race that Ambrose won and his going around the top level teams barracking for a drive that caught the attention of SBR, and they didnt even test him before giving him the drive. Now thats confidence
    I am the Stig

Now thats a hard call....look at Geofery Brabbam (the forgotten brabbam father of david i think) he joined the LIFE f1 team and when that team sunk so did his carrear....not saying this will happen to him but if dynamik sinks it could hurt him pretty severly...hemay end of unfairly being a backmarker or worse without a drive if this happens....

Well hes got his brother also driving full time now with Perkins, so that could prove interesting, but it really is a qustionable move with the FIA appeal not even started yet. Kees Wills must really believe he wasnt testing illegally then. Pity his body language speaks otherwise
    I am the Stig

Im thinking the very unlikable team manger Oscar fianotto had something to do with how nervous he was....

At the end of the day though, Kees Wills still has his name to clear, not that of the team manager. By that you would think he'd be quick to include it all as part of his story, rather than have the media ask him what his alibi was and be left stuttering
    I am the Stig

Simon wills even?

Fionotto is a vocal person who would all to happy to do every bit of talking(bloody windbag he is) for wills....personallyi think he would of madethreats imo...he strikes me as that kind of bloke...and not physical youll be puttingyour wage on this one....

This is just getting deeper and deeper

All of a sudden being a backmarker in F1 is looking very attractive
    I am the Stig

Yeah but i notice people saying he tested for minardi...but i notice the lack of had a sucsessful test.....not saying hes a bad driver by any means but im guessing the test didnt work out othwise i know where id rather be...personally i would of looked at some other contracts for a more competative drive and especially one that isnt in more shit then a colony of dung beetles....

I think he had limited time for the test or something, i remember reading something about that. Minardi already signed up Christian Albers so theres 1 seat left (2 if you include the test driver i suppose) and Paul Stoddart's list of potentials is about 15 drivers, i suppose he wouldve had a hard enough time getting in anyway.
    I am the Stig

Well hes there he got the chance hes got tallent and im thinking that he can only get better....half of our top 5 have been in similar catirgorys...of course from f1 we have gotten one talented driver who never really made it work (wilson hes a good driver and i think in the right team hell be a winner look at him when he was with DJR his f1 taste was a sucsessful test drive with minardi but didnt happen due to him haveing no money where webber was 2nd choice with money) and Alex Yoong who in craig gores words "hes good on tv but he cant drive" which harsh as it may be is how it looked (anyone have any ifno on yoong?)

Well Gore's got weird morals, i think he couldve done with a year letting someone else run the team and simply be naming rights sponsor. Although he doesnt seem to lie or bend the truth or anything, its because he's the opposite that i dont like him, he cant help but tell it as it is. I'd be very surprised if he keeps Besnard once contract time is up
    I am the Stig

Thread Information