Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: worst priced car

worst priced car

what do you think the worst priced car is? not "the worst car", the "worst priced car". as in, the price was jacked up to insane levels of retardom. if this has been done before, thats great, i couldnt find it and opinions change anyway.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

1) Bugatti Veyron if they ever bring it into production. They said it will be over £1m.
    2) BMW 1 Series. Sorry .. £18k for what is essentially a large hatchback. Thats a prime example of putting a badge on anything.

ferrari enzo, mclaren f1, bugatti veyron (which is never going into production I think!)
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

i think ill go with the mclaren f1. (considering cars in america only). it costs a whole mil over here, when you can get something like a saleen s7 for about a third of that or so (i think even less). so many cars that cost half as much perform not JUST as well, but so dam close that it doesnt matter (only in top speed i mean). seriously, do you need to spend a half a million extra for those few mph? if it was faster by over 30 mph, it would be different, but when there are alot more amazing cars that come rather close to 231 (thats the american f1's top speed) its really sad that people just say "OMG ITS THE FASTEST THING I CAN BUY!" and spend all that extra money. yes, i do understand that sometimes thats THE car that you want, and not just because it can do "x and y"

not to mention probably 1 or 2 out of the 100 or so owners will ever attempt to acheive 231 on the street

and only one of those 100 ever drives it probably, they probably bought the poor cars as investment/showoff vehicles.

The F1 is 2.5 seconds faster on the 0-100mph

But the point is 'cachet' and exclusivity. The McLaren carries more kudos than the Saleen and most buyers are looking for the investment (sadly). There are only 70 odd F1s the productino fo the S7 was set to be 300-400. More means less desirability !! ( Anyone have the actual numebr of S7s produced to date ?? )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

no but the f1's are over 100 for sure, i read in evo like 105 or so

true. doesnt change that for those few tenths of a second and mph, the price was jacked up beyong sanity. i would never buy one on price alone (unless i could actually afford that and some other cars.....sweet dreams that idea makes), ok, yes its a very desirable car, but alot of these companies are jacking up the price to increase that desirability, and its putting the cars in the hands of......"car-retarded" people (?.....). they are thinking to much of profit, which, is good that they can make more cars, but now the mclaren will be known as the "insanely expensive king of super cars". there is NO way that they didnt make incredible amounts of profit off each mclaren

JK ( Jamiroqui ), Nick Mason ( Pink Floyd ) and Rowan Atkinson ( Mr Bean ) are the best example of guys with money owning FAST cars.

They dont' buy them for the image or the investment.

They RACE and push their cars hard. Interview with JK about his Muira and he was sayign how he'd take it into town to do shopping so folks get a chance to experience it.

Atkinson is a regular racer on the classic saloons and GT series.

Nick Mason's Ferraris are regular on the track and not averse to trading paint !!

For me I get annoyed every time I hear of cars being kept in storage and never driven hard. They are designed to go fast, to do anything else BUT push them is like keeping a Lion in a 6x6 cage and watching it just pace backa nd forward - SAD
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

You can't say the McLaren F1 is over priced - they lost a lot of money on every car.

Buyers were actually getting off lightly.

Were you have something like an Audi A3, which carries many of the components of the much cheaper Skoda Octavia, is there enough extra with the Audi to justify the additional cost?
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    JK ( Jamiroqui ), Nick Mason ( Pink Floyd ) and Rowan Atkinson ( Mr Bean ) are the best example of guys with money owning FAST cars.

They dont' buy them for the image or the investment.

They RACE and push their cars hard. Interview with JK about his Muira and he was sayign how he'd take it into town to do shopping so folks get a chance to experience it.

Atkinson is a regular racer on the classic saloons and GT series.

Nick Mason's Ferraris are regular on the track and not averse to trading paint !!

For me I get annoyed every time I hear of cars being kept in storage and never driven hard. They are designed to go fast, to do anything else BUT push them is like keeping a Lion in a 6x6 cage and watching it just pace backa nd forward - SAD
    well put matra! i saw an interview with nick mason in sports car international and he seemed down to earth, and like you said, not avers to trading paint

he was the drummer right?

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    You can't say the McLaren F1 is over priced - they lost a lot of money on every car.

Buyers were actually getting off lightly.

Were you have something like an Audi A3, which carries many of the components of the much cheaper Skoda Octavia, is there enough extra with the Audi to justify the additional cost?
    same thing with the porsche 959, they charged the customer half of production costs, it was just to prove that they could do it

The RenaultSport Clio Cup: £25,000 for a supermini!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    same thing with the porsche 959, they charged the customer half of production costs, it was just to prove that they could do it
    if this post was meant to disprove convy's post, you failed.
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

Thread Information