View Poll Results: Would you rather have the new corvette or mustang?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • new corvette

48 64.86%
  • new mustang

26 35.14%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: new corvette vs. new mustang

hey guys, aren't you forgettin sumthin here..!! everyone has his opinion accordin to his "dream car" , but if you want about the power it would be th c6 vette ,although stangs rocks you ...... and i'd like to let you notice that there is another vette you never mentiond anywher....that is the c12 callaway vette..... it goes like the wind
    [I]You May Find A Supercars List......But For Dhamn Sure Vettes are The Best[/I]

Quote Originally Posted by DwZX35
    I like the new C6 better.

I can't stand the current mustang, and kids think they are all cool if they own one. The next one will rule--mustangs at least.
    You may not like the look of the current Mustang, but you can't deny the performance ... especially when you consider it to be about 2/3 the price of a 'vette.

I know what you mean with "kids think they are all cool if they own one", owning a cool car doesn't make you cool by default .... just like owning a "high-performance" car doesn't make you a "high-performance" driver.

- Better to be a "high-performance" driver in a "low-performance" car, than a "low-performance" driver in a "high-performance" car.

id prob pick a 64 1/2 stang convertable if it was in mint condition.v8 ofcourse!...call me old fashioned =P

ill take the vette, the stang isnt even in the same ballpark as the vette.

the vette is over rated if you ask me yea its got the #'s now that its a c6
    but hell it needed that to servive with every body going higher up the hp range it had to make some kind of stancebut i must admit the interior is well deserved upgrade frome the rental plastic box of the c5 now the mustang on the other hand is better not to say in hp but all around bang for the buck
    plus ford did a decent job of the retro styling .
    thats my vote mustang but ill quickly change that for the zo6 verion of the c6
    RUBBINS RACING!

oops mind the type'o's
    RUBBINS RACING!

Vette, the new Mustang is boring IMO, the concept car looks much better

I'm liking the 05 Mustang, I think it's a tasteful retro treatment with a lot more character than has been seen in a 'Stang since the early '70s. They even claim it's going to actually handle well, a first for a Stang, if they can manage that my vote would go to the Mustang, otherwise it's the Vette. Not that I'd actually buy either one, but the 05 Mustang's looks make it more tempting than it's ever been before.

I personally like the 05 i think it looks allright (though the concept looked better imo) but i also like the new vette too other then that whole s2000 from the front end thing.
    Well anyways my pick is the mustang better bang for your buck and a nicer car.

I gotta say the Stang. And to the "kids thinking their cool in Mustangs"... Not many kids can afford a vette let alone a stang. This is coming from a 17 yr. old with a 04 Mustang. I'm very lucky seeing how I could be driving a Civic ::shutter:: Any kid with a new car is lucky, specially with gas and insurance...

Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower84418
    Not many kids can afford a vette let alone a stang.
    Um... Corvettes cost more than Mustangs, so what are you talking about?

the '05 mustang GT will have 300hp thats the top of the line model planned at the moment, the C6 wich will have a 450hp Z06 model is the top of the line model, performance is clearly biased to the chevy , and it should be these are completly different catagorys vette supercar performance at a resonable price, mustang reletivly big power at a resonable price.
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

well all ive heard is 400hp out of the vette and 300hp out of the mustang. obviously both are set to increase, with SVT, Saleen, Lingenfelter and Callaway getting into them. i read something funny though in motor magazine today, ford do about 3000 different tests on mustang developments, one of which is a burnout test. they reckon the rear suspension they ended up with is less succeptible to axle tramp during a burnout and such
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    i read something funny though in motor magazine today, ford do about 3000 different tests on mustang developments, one of which is a burnout test. they reckon the rear suspension they ended up with is less succeptible to axle tramp during a burnout and such
    I knew there were better jobs than mine out there !!

lol, mate i think you'll always be finding better jobs than your current one until your doing your dream job. being a ford development engineer involved in making sure the cars can do a good burnout would rank up the top for most people though
    I am the Stig

Thread Information