Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ricer HSV Wannabe VS Commodore :O

There are some kits out there that will open the grille and lower part between the fog lights, They look differnt But the air going in must be huge
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Well more air, the better. Apparently most of the local engines, especially Fords, are getting about half as much air as they need. Like someones developed a twin throttle body for the BOSS and it gives like 20-30rwkw
    I am the Stig

My brother brought home a ss cold air intake book they had huge cold air intakes on offer,

Twin throttle body takes me back to the old 5Lt days with it's big huge thing

Ask anyone what some good upgrades for VS-VT1 V8's are and they'll still tell you the VN manifolds with the twin throttles were the best Holden made for the engine though.

For the price of the SS inductions and how good they work compared to a home made one, its not really worth making one yourself unless you do one of the tricks like the guys with the VS Munro's and sticking paint pallets on their engines to divert airflow from the scoops
    I am the Stig

Saw a ED GT wannabe today, real giveaway was the Futura badge on the back

if i was to make a replica of a GT or HSV, i would go to the effort of getting the badges changed i mean that almost as important as the body kits themselves, dont get me wrong i dont hate replicas but if u want to do one change the badges to god sake

Well i guess its a tough issue: Change the badges and complete the theme, or dont change them and make it obvious that its "only" a replica so you dont deface the GT
    I am the Stig

My brother seen a VX SS 3 years ago for $22,000 10,000k. He said something is wrong here. But his mate wanted to buy a new car and they went to have a look, The give away was the book VT, It's a VT series1 with full VX SS kit and gen3.
    My brother said it was a perfect copy, And if the guy was honest and told people upfront they would probley buy it, but just reading about it and price make you think the dude was a doggy bugger. You can't hide the books with engine numbers and chassis to the RTA unless your bloody good at it. He was trying to sell it off as a VX SS, Just say it is a copy and leave it at that

Haha yeah something is wrong there. Apparently a couple of idiots in Sydney here forked out $15K to graft the arse of a VX onto their brand new VY's, so it'd be interesting to see them try and sell it. Thered be the people thinking its really a VX SS and having to be told its a VY, and if it was being sold as a VY, wondering what the VX arse is doing on there
    I am the Stig

Xr6 vs SV6

Guy's
    I watched the posts and I've donea lot of test driving lately. Historically I've owned mainly turbo sports cars and my last car ( now my wifes is a BMW). I had a major problem deciding on a new car and had a go in the Honda Euro (great car but too small in the back for three), Mitsubishi Diamante VRX (great car but worth nothing the day after you buy it), Holden SV6 ( great to drive, very good gearbox, good handling), Ford XR6 Series 2 (drinks more gas than all the rest but handles great), Nissan Maxima ( Absolutly great but the dealer really pissed my wife off).
    I don't have an allegience to any particular make as I have raced both GM and Ford's / Mazda's / Toyota's etc. etc in rally's for many years.
    My decicision was based on a minimal number of criteria.
    1: Handling
    2. Performance (not just straight line but in the tight twisty reality of normal driving).
    3: Ability to carry5 people in relative comfort.
    In the end it came down to SV6 and XR6, I picked the XR6 only for the fact that the rear suspension over a given piece of road was more refined than the SV6 ( by this I mean that the other passengers in the car could stand my driving ove long distance).
    Overall the SV6 definately had a lighter front end and was very responsive on turn in and probably was fractionaly ahead of the Ford. Power up top was in the SV6 favour but the difference between the torque of the Sv6 and the XR6 was pretty obvious off the line with the XR6 quicker at the trafffic lights.
    I guess I'm still in denial as both cars are fantastic handing and performance for locally designed products and though I bought the XR6 and really enjoy driving it I'd love to own both as if you combine the best of both man you'd have something too take on the best.

Well these days it gets pointless arguing a car down to the wire as the VZ and BA mk2 are both winners for most people. The "liveability" of the VY/VZ's though in many comparisons have cost them the win, with straight line performance usually going to their credit and whilst the Fords tended to handle better, their heavier weight made the VZ slightly better in the handling stakes. When it came to being stuck with the cars, the Ford's were more compliant, had better NVH, more comfortable interiors etc.
    I am the Stig

Thread Information