Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: errr....WHATS THE FASTEST TUNED CAR IN THE WORLD

Unfortunately, much as they'd like to think that, 9ff isn't faster than the McLaren F1.

At McLaren's record run at Ehra Lessien the track officials recorded 386.7km/h, but the car actually stopped accelerating at 391km/h, as seen on the display in the video footage.

McLaren used 386 because you need an independant party to record your record breaking attempt. That doesn't change the fact that the F1 actually did 391km/h.

388 is not faster than 391.

And there is also the fact that the 9ff wasn't particularly "road legal" at the time of the run. The McLaren F1 was the XP5 prototype, which had recessed indicators that the final car didn't have - these were taped over. The front number plate was removed and the rev limiter raised.

The 9ff had the wing mirrors and windscreen wiper completely removed, as well as having all the shutlines taped up. Hardly in "standard" road trim then.
    Thanks for all the fish

but neither was the damn McLaren? In comparision, the rev limiter removal is a far greater, performance gain, than removing wing mirrors, windscreen wiper, and taping up the shutlines, which the mclaren did anyway.

According to some sources of mine, the car is capable of 400km/h, hence the v400 in the name of the car.

Anyway, here are hte piccies:

I have the 9 media pics, but only 5 or 6 are worth having.

and here is a sample picture, the usual 1600x1200 standard from me

link to the res and the full article:
    http://www.exoticcarsite.com/pages/t...ff_9f_v400.htm

[I have the 2nd picture as my wallpaper]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Web Publisher:
    1. ExoticCarSite.com
    2. Bugatti-Veyron-16-4.com

If We Have The Courage To Pursue Our Dreams, And Transform Our Vision Into Reality, We Invite Magic Into Our Lives - Race Resort Ascari

The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing - Edmund Burke

There Are No Speed Limits On The Road To Excellence - David W Johnston

If Good Men Do Nothing, Then That Is Evil Enough

well can u imagine having a konigsegg tuned eg nitrous or it could borrow the bugatti veyrons turbos i'm sure they've got some left over that they couldn't fit in the back,
    the only problem is that it might burn up if the tyres don't melt first

Quote Originally Posted by ExoticCarSite
    but neither was the damn McLaren? In comparision, the rev limiter removal is a far greater, performance gain, than removing wing mirrors, windscreen wiper, and taping up the shutlines, which the mclaren did anyway.
    No.

The maximum powerout of the F1 is at 7400rpm, with the rev limiter is 7500.

Raising the limit did not add to the performance of the car in any way, merely allowed it to run to its absolute maximum speed.

There was still enough bhp to overcome aerodynamic drag past 7400rpm to allow the car to accelerate further, untill around 8000rpm when it reached 391km/h.

The reason that the road cars were limited to 7500 was over fears of a possible resonance being set up in the engine in the low to mid 8000rpms, which would have destroyed it.
    Rather than run the risk of that theory becoming reality it was decided that the road cars should be limited. Only a handful of the roadcars have done vmax runs anyway, so it doesn't really seem to matter to the customers.

They DID NOT tape up the shutlines or remove the wingmirrors and windscreen wipers. Even the tyres were the same pressure as reccomended for "normal" usage.

The 9ff's peak power of 833bhp comes at 7300rpm, I presume that the rev limiter is above this. As with the McLaren's run the car stops accelerating when there is not enough power to overcome drag, which occurs at 388km/h.

I bet customer 9ff 9F-V400s won't be having a limiter on to preserve the engine...

Anyway - both cars were doing the same thing - accelerating to the point where bhp can no longer overcome drag. Where 9ff "cheated" is reducing the ammount of drag.

The car initially stopped at 386km/h with no modification above what would be acceptable on the road.
    Thanks for all the fish

BTW as the 9ff press release said. The car is "based on" the 996. So it's NOT a production car. It's a tuned/modified sportscar. They're cheating
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    BTW as the 9ff press release said. The car is "based on" the 996. So it's NOT a production car. It's a tuned/modified sportscar. They're cheating
    thats the point I've been trying to make at sc.net, but some moron keeps talking about gt3/4 and ow realistic is it...

The car is the fastest tuned car around in a production sense.
    Web Publisher:
    1. ExoticCarSite.com

If We Have The Courage To Pursue Our Dreams, And Transform Our Vision Into Reality, We Invite Magic Into Our Lives - Race Resort Ascari

The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing - Edmund Burke

The car is the fastest tuned car around in a production sense.
    Given that the Porsche 962 held the record for RACE car then I think the Dauer may well be faster than the 9ff adn can have an equal claim to being production
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

to be a production car, atleast 20 cars must be made, the Dauer 962 LM has only 13 units made.
    Web Publisher:
    1. ExoticCarSite.com

a JUN Supra was reorded at 249.292mph in Bonneville speed trials

website - http://www.junauto.co.jp/democar/aki.../index.html?en

Quote Originally Posted by adamfraser
    a JUN Supra was reorded at 249.292mph in Bonneville speed trials

website - http://www.junauto.co.jp/democar/aki.../index.html?en
    to be a production car, atleast 20 cars must be made, the Jun Supra has only 1 or 2 units made.
    Production being the key word
    Web Publisher:
    1. ExoticCarSite.com

Quote Originally Posted by 16-4Veyron
    Well, the current wheel-driven record is 458.44 MPH (about 740 KPH).
    The current wheel-driven record is 763 MPH. Set by the Thrust SSC. 2 MPH faster then the speed of sound.

Quote Originally Posted by carlover
    The current wheel-driven record is 763 MPH. Set by the Thrust SSC. 2 MPH faster then the speed of sound.
    Thrust SSC didn't drive the wheels

i think the fastest tuned car is the Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette.
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

Quote Originally Posted by manik_890
    i think the fastest tuned car is the Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette.
    Probably. 410km/h
    BUT, it didn't conform to road legal restrictions IIRC. So it isn't really a street car
    Bluebird, Sprit of America, Green Monster all go faster !!!

Anyway the Sledgehammer was a one off, I suspect that as soon as a tuner gets a hold of a koenigseeg they'll get the extra 10km/h needed to take the record.

oh and of course when the build the Veyron it'll win - riiiiight

Thread Information