Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gallardo and Murcielago power upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Gal_TT
    When will this happen? 2007?
    yep, just in time for my graduation present from my parents.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

It may not be in the Enzo price area, or power, but who cares?

Its a Lamborghini, and like the old saying goes, a horse with always back away from a raging bull.

Anyways, IMO, Lamborghini's are more unique than Ferraris. Instead of having different classes (until now) like Ferrari, the Lamborghinis usually all stood together. But even though the Gallardo does change that, its still a Lamborghini.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    It isn't quite that simple:-

It is more to do with power to weight. Modern cars are required to conform to more and more stringent crash tests, and additional crumple zones and multiple airbags all add weight, so the power to weight ratio should be staying largely the same.

Also things like traction control and awd help get all that power to the road, and hopefully prevent numpties from dissapearing down ditches in their shiny new 600bhp Gallardos.
    You don't really need to shut off the elextronic gizmos in order to die from lack of skill at handling 600 hp..

really?how did u no it?

There are limits, like doing a 180° corner by 300 Km/h on a road covered with snow... Nah, he's right, you really need to be able to handle a car properly to avoid any accident... Also with the special gearboxes...
    Didn't Ferrari give "free" driving lessons to their future Enzo-owners? ("Free" on a car from that priceclass, some pocketmoney for Ferrari to offer it just like that)

Obviously 600bhp requires some skill, but most supercars cars, because of their electronics, are probably easier and safer to drive than things like the old Porsche 930 which has claimed quite a few lives in its time.

Given the chance I would be much more likely to exercise caution thraping about in a 930 than a 996 Turbo, despite the extra 160bhp

In the 930 you'd think twice before planting your right foot half way through a bend, but with electronics you just mash the pedal and let the electronics and awd do the hard work.
    Thanks for all the fish

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia
    oh my god! i really cant wait for this to happen.... i really want to see the new gallardo kick 430's ass! the new murcie is going to be insane!

if only lambo has the advance F1 settings in their cars like what ferrari has done with the enzo and 430...
    "Rejection is better than regret. It's better to try and know you did your part, than to spend the rest of your days wishing you had tried"

does lambo participate in any form of racing competition? apart from that le mans gt thing that they're doing

Off shore boating. Atleast I think they're still into that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    Lamborghini is creating a power upgrade for the murcielago to about 750bhp but they r going to limit it to about 680bhp which is still higher then the enzo.. i think along with this the car will probably will be made lighter. the same with the gallardo only with less power then
    but the murcielago is heavier, has awd, and is also less downforce
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

this is getting into the old german HP war, seriously, why

Although I like Ferrari more than Lamborghini, its great to see this sort of competition going on between the two companies. It'll only bring about better cars.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

woohoo.the 600bhp Gallardo should blow the ferrari F430 into the woods!

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Imaj
    woohoo.the 600bhp Gallardo should blow the ferrari F430 into the woods!
    That's if Ferrari just sits there twidiling their thumbs, which I doubt will be the case
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Maybe.......................................lol

Thread Information