Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UCP Magazine

UCP Magazine

Ok...we have UCP clothes...we have the supercar...what do we need? Why a magazine of course! Shr0o0olvl gave me the idea, and i further developed it.

The Premise:
    A one-off issue or a monthly magazine comprised of clumns and articles related to cars a current events, there would be certain car manufacturer columns every month, along with articles on new, old, and classic cars, as well as a market value section, showing average appreciation and depreciation of car brands over the years.

The Writers:
    Seeing how as i brought this issue to your attention ( ) i think i should choose the Porsche section along with the Title: "Cheif Editor"

other columns that would appear monthly include:
    German Cars
    Japanese Cars
    American Cars
    Hardcore Sports
    Motorsport This Month
    New Cars

Along with articles on new cars coming out, company histories (Porsche, hint, hint, me write, hint) modified euro cars, and a section i like to call...Lifestyle, its about the life of motorsport people, and just general car nuts.

So what do you think? maybe people could volunteer for certain parts, and i could assign a topic for it, and we come up with a mock-up magazine as the pioneer issue?
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

ok.......if anything of the sort is done, i call a nice sized portion of the american section just to quickly put dibs, just in case
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    Ok...we have UCP clothes...we have the supercar...what do we need? Why a magazine of course! Shr0o0olvl gave me the idea, and i further developed it.

The Premise:
    A one-off issue or a monthly magazine comprised of clumns and articles related to cars a current events, there would be certain car manufacturer columns every month, along with articles on new, old, and classic cars, as well as a market value section, showing average appreciation and depreciation of car brands over the years.

The Writers:
    Seeing how as i brought this issue to your attention ( ) i think i should choose the Porsche section along with the Title: "Cheif Editor"

other columns that would appear monthly include:
    German Cars
    Japanese Cars
    American Cars
    Hardcore Sports
    Motorsport This Month
    New Cars

Along with articles on new cars coming out, company histories (Porsche, hint, hint, me write, hint) modified euro cars, and a section i like to call...Lifestyle, its about the life of motorsport people, and just general car nuts.

So what do you think? maybe people could volunteer for certain parts, and i could assign a topic for it, and we come up with a mock-up magazine as the pioneer issue?
    yeah, i think it would be pretty kewl for ucp to have their own magazine. But i dont think it would happen any time soon knowing that ucp is still not that big and not very well known.

but yea, i like my idea...

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    The Writers:
    hahahahahaha to be a "cheif editor," you gotta learn how to spell CHIEF!

Anyways,
    I don't think it's that bad of an idea to have a magazine, but I don't think UCP will be ready to/able to make a magazine for a LONG time. A year at least, unless we have a good number of writers, editors, and lots o' money. How bout we raise the cost of the UCP subscription to make that money?
    Last edited by Sweeney921; 01-09-2005 at 05:45 PM.

do you have any experience being the editor in chief of anything? even if you brought the idea up, someone who does should do that. its not just a title, its a job. i think it would be extremely challenging to do. putting out my schools paper once a month has us working extremely hard just to get everything done and to presses, and this is with everyone in the same room. btw, our paper has been continuously ranked one of the best school papers in the state for a long time. we are never gonna be able to meet and show thigns to each other, everything would be done online. very tough.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

nevermind that, spellings not important, we're car nuts, not english teachers!!! ok so maybe editor isnt my thing, id love to do all the porsche work in that case

that made me think of something, schools have newspapers and they have far less people than ucp...

also, would it be an e-magazine? whose gonna code everything and get it online? and its gonna be impossible if you plan on actually printing it.

EDIT: i bet we have a bit more or equal number of students as UCP has regular posters. and we have about 30 staff members.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by SPHFerrari
    also, would it be an e-magazine? whose gonna code everything and get it online? and its gonna be impossible if you plan on actually printing it.

EDIT: i bet we have a bit more or equal number of students as UCP has regular posters. and we have about 30 staff members.
    that would probably be up to wouter, not us

we are just giving him ideas

Quote Originally Posted by SPHFerrari
    and if it were an emagazine we'd have to have one hell of a good website developer

lol, i really like the idea, but its not gonna happen.

I'd be happy to write a column or something.

This is a good idea, but it's going to be a bit difficult to make happen. Something like SniffPetrol.com?
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

we could have a small scale printer do a certain number of copies, and we could all chip in to have it printed, like 5 quid each

Oh, well i guess if it was an online mag, using Acrobat or something. That really could work if we have any graphic artists in here.

im willing to write multiple articles, but my schooling limits the amount of time i can spend here, so itd be best if someone else took care of coordinating publishing and copyrights etc

Thread Information