Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chevrolet Impala SS

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    when I saw who posted a thread with this title I thought Crisis did spend his holidays to rediscover the classics. For those who also were hoping for that I have this as a consolation
    So this is a classic? Better than todays incarnation anyway. I has a black one of these for my wedding car. It matched my veil.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    Really, do you have any pics of the V8 Camrys and Accords?

Both the Monte and Impala come standard in V6 model, the SS is a package.

wow, and what a fantastic package it is as well, really meaty and aggresive kit and kick ass rims and a rear spoiler to die for
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz_
    wow, and what a fantastic package it is as well, really meaty and aggresive kit and kick ass rims and a rear spoiler to die for
    Well if i were in the market for a FWD car of this class, the impala would most likley toward the top of the list. Hell, its better than what the Camrys and Accords offer...

from all the american carmakers... GM are the suckiest.. they should fire all theire designers and engeneers.... this new impla looks bad. it's just ugly, ugly, ugly... when you look at the stylistic turn ford and chrysler took, you can just be left wondering if GM are blind.... the only GM car i would buy (if i had the money ) is the vette. people may not like the retro style on many of the new american cars, but i think that the only way they are ever moving forward is by starting over from when they started screwing up!!
    Listen to them. children of the night! What music they make...

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    He is already dead

to bad.....

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    Well if i were in the market for a FWD car of this class, the impala would most likley toward the top of the list. Hell, its better than what the Camrys and Accords offer...
    If I had to buy a FWD car(which I never would) it would be the Monte Carlo or a Nissan Maxima or Altima

Both the Monte and Impala come standard in V6 model, the SS is a package.
    Which is the particular "package" I initiated this thread about. Your point is??

Your point is??
    Ask Matra, he could tell long stories about that
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I can guarantee that Clarkson will have a lot of negative things to say about these 'new age measle cars' in the new series of Top Gear.

Which is the particular "package" I initiated this thread about. Your point is??
    My point is they compete with cars like the Camry and Accord, weather or not they have V8s or V6s.

My point is they compete with cars like the Camry and Accord, weather or not they have V8s or V6s.
    So your logic is that to compete with another car you should make sure it looks similar?
    My point about the SS was how bland it was. While the base 6 cylinder models might compete with Hondas and Camrys, in view of the comments about how unmuscular the GTO looked compared to expectations, the SS version may have been able to be a little less bland.
    Whats worse in this case is that the new Chev looks like the old Camrys and Hondas.

So your logic is that to compete with another car you should make sure it looks similar?
    My point about the SS was how bland it was. While the base 6 cylinder models might compete with Hondas and Camrys, in view of the comments about how unmuscular the GTO looked compared to expectations, the SS version may have been able to be a little less bland.
    Whats worse in this case is that the new Chev looks like the old Camrys and Hondas.
    My logic is im GUESSING that they are trying to attract the camry and accord market over to the Impala (which, yes, they do compete with eachother being similarly priced 4 door economy/family cars).
    Yes, the Impala is bland (no surprise, its always been that way). Still sore about the GTO comments eh?
    You have to realize, the Impala has never been a "big performer", where as the GTO was the first muscle car, and one the best performance machines of its day. People dont want grand am styling on their 30K sporty muscle coupe, they want it to look more aggressive.
    Anyway this change to the impala is only for a year or two, then they finally get the Zeta platform!

Front drive is good in the snow thats why a lot of American cars now have front drive. Since most American drivers aren't performance oriented they want a car that is easy to drive. I don't like front drive but for normal driving on American roads it gets the job done and thats what counts.

Yes, the Impala is bland (no surprise, its always been that way).
    No use changing that eh? So essentially you agree with my opening comments.
    Still sore about the GTO comments eh?
    Everyone is entitled to their opinions. From what I understand the die hard GTO lovers wanted Pontiac to build a retro styled car. There are no legitimate issues about the performance.
    You have to realize, the Impala has never been a "big performer", where as the GTO was the first muscle car, and one the best performance machines of its day. People dont want grand am styling on their 30K sporty muscle coupe, they want it to look more aggressive.
    Anyway this change to the impala is only for a year or two, then they finally get the Zeta platform!
    Basically it is only a part of the US market (those GTO fans caight up in the good ol days ) who have any issue with it. In Australia and Britain and the middel East, where we are unfettered by nostalgia the car is recognised for what it is. A unique RWD V8 2 door 4 seat low priced coupe.

How similar are these?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by NAZCA C2
    Front drive is good in the snow thats why a lot of American cars now have front drive. Since most American drivers aren't performance oriented they want a car that is easy to drive. I don't like front drive but for normal driving on American roads it gets the job done and thats what counts.
    Cars are built front wheel drive because it is easy and cheap.

Thread Information