Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leaving for a week....who wants to meet me?

Leaving for a week....who wants to meet me?

We'll today I leave for New York. Followed by a trip to DC, as well as Philadelphia.

It might be the only time i am ever over on that side of the US, so I wanted to know if anyone around there, wants to meet me?

I always thought it would be cool to meet someone i have talked to on ucp for a year now. Anyways, I just thought i'd let you guys know where i'd be for the next week, and if you have any spare time, i'd like to see some of you people in person.
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Sure..I'd like to see you....
    I just need the ticket money

this was directed at people who live there spi-ti-tout.

i would if u were comin up to boston as well. NYC and DC ive been to a lot. tons of fun i go every year. not been to philli too much but its also fun. have a good time, go see some nice cars, take some nice pics.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

Jamaica, New York, USA... for now, out in the DR studyin!
    dude, where in NY r u going to be...
    and when will u be here, timing is important cuz i have skool and all...
    WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE!!!!!!!!!!
    -Jimi Hendrix

Lucky lucky lucky.......if you were only in Boston then you would have the ultimate East Coast experience! Try to spend lots of time in the city part of DC, the museums are only a small part of the fun there. And if you can, Gettysburg is on the way to Philly from DC! Have an awesome time! I'm jealous!
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    Lucky lucky lucky.......if you were only in Boston then you would have the ultimate East Coast experience! Try to spend lots of time in the city part of DC, the museums are only a small part of the fun there. And if you can, Gettysburg is on the way to Philly from DC! Have an awesome time! I'm jealous!
    actually i am going to gettysburg

This is my schedule for the next week.

saturday-fly all night to jfk airport

sunday-statue of liberty, lion king on broadway

monday-nbc tour, st patricks cathedral, empire state building, other places in the city...

tuesday-depart to philly, independence hall, liberty bell, other palces, depart for gettysburg

wednesday-gettysburg, depart to DC, special tour of white house, memorials

thursday- go to presidential innauguration, ww2 memorial

Friday- depart to charlottesville, VA. , go to capitol, several museums

Saturday- George Washington's home, other places etc., Fly home

yeahhhh, its gonna be a long week

you lucky lucky..............

anyway, if you can, make a side trip when in NYC to visit the Chrysler Building. You can only visit the lobby, but seeing as it's only a 10 minute walk from the ESB it's well worth the trip.

The NBC tour is great, ESB is incredible (I was fortunate enough to be @ ESB on 8-11-01 and see the WTC), But you should have waited another month so you could've seen 'Spamalot' on Broadway.'

Philly has a good schedule, if you can try and get into the lobby of City Hall.

I was just in the White House in April for a special tour for my school, and I will honestly have to tell you the only real good that came out of it were braggring rights to say 'I've been to the White House.' It was pretty dissapointing. (Speaking of, I was at the WWII memorial the very first day it was opened-so I have pix of it on the first day!) If this is your only trip out there, you HAVE to visit the Holocaust memorial. It's not something to be happy of, but it's very moving. NECESSARY if you go there. If you can, try and go up Wisconsin Avenue (yay) in Georgetown-that should take you to the Nat'l Cathedral.

Never been to Charlottsville, but I can tell you Mt. Vernon is a good place to visit. On the way out to Mount Vernon if you take the road following the Potomac, on the opposite side is an old ruined fort that was destroyed from the War of 1812. Speaking of, try and visit Alexandria.

Well, those are my suggestions, anyway.

While at gettysburg, if you can get a copy of a tape in the gift shop and if you have a car, the tape plays while you drive around the battlefield, very descriptive and informative, takes only about an hour or two, I highly recommend it. Have a fun trip!
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

I wouldn't mind going over to meet you in NYC but you're there on a Sunday and monday... not good days In DC, I'd recommend walking up and down the exorcist stairs, I did it 10 times when I was in DC for 2 weeks on a trip.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    In DC, I'd recommend walking up and down the exorcist stairs, I did it 10 times when I was in DC for 2 weeks on a trip.
    Explain. I love urban legends!

Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    Explain. I love urban legends!
    Lol, not much to explain, but oh well, here goes. I went to DC (Georgetown area) on a trip (NSLC) in the Summer. Well, in the very little free time we got, I went down to the exorcist stairs, if you saw the exorcist you'd know what I was talking about, and went up and down the stairs 10 times for 5 dollars. I didn't get any spells of bad luck or anything so I guess that's all.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

hey rock, my bro has done a few NSLC things, he went to Georgtown 2 years ago (now hes goin to college there next year) and stanford last summer. I agree with Esperante. the whitehouse tour is only good for bragging rights. its not that cool. even with my connections, all we could get is the standard tour. everyone we know in this area are not working for the current president anymore. my family is good friends, however, with jimmy carter and my grandpa worked in the white house with him. my mom used to babysit for his children and spent many nights in the white house.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    I wouldn't mind going over to meet you in NYC but you're there on a Sunday and monday... not good days In DC, I'd recommend walking up and down the exorcist stairs, I did it 10 times when I was in DC for 2 weeks on a trip.
    well, if you decide to come, just look for a large group of people that seem to be big time tourists

I'll be wearing a black hoodie that says FOOSE on the front and back

hahaha hate to say it but not much chance that he just happens to see you.

Thread Information