Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Question for the Conservatives

Question for the Conservatives

I copied-and-pasted this from a different thread, to save the time of typing it out again. This isn't directed at my_porsche, but I had to include the quote to put it in context.

The question I would like answered is the one in paragraph three (below).

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    and saying that quattro accusing libs of being anti-american is not new, liberals have been calling us un-american for a looong time now, according to "the gospel" of michale moore, heres a scenario, if we buy a christmas tree, "you sir, are un-american" because a while ago bush owned a lumber company, and those trees directly profit george w. bush, and his "evil" conpiratory cabinet of evil-doers

crisis, conservatices dismissing it as "faggot propaganda", now, hmmm, who does the band saying "faggot and propaganda" every few words, in a song aimed directly at w. and toppin gthe charts, endorse?? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh thats right, john kerry, how silly of me.

I've heard you talk before defending Republicans as a whole after tiny portions of negative right-wing have been critisized, saying that they, of course, do not represent the whole picture at all. This of course is a logical argument, and is true. The problem comes when you start holding obvious double standards like this.

Making up some lame story that you think a blind uninsightful left-winger might say is hardly a way to make an argument. As I said before to Quattro man, political arguments can't even really be made on a lower-level scale of intelligence, because at that point, a lot of people don't really get it. I know a few 8 and 9 year old kids who like to bash Bush, but they haven't got the foggiest idea what he's done. They are politically irrelevent.

So, all blunders and political figures aside, what do you have against the left-wing ideals? I don't want to hear any mentions of "some people", "Micheal Moore", "John Kerry", "Many Libs", etc. Get right down to the philosophical level and tell me what is wrong with our ideals, why right-wing ones are better, etc, because that's what it is really all about (and relevant on a global scale as well).

The real caring, supportive, and progressively-thinking liberals all over the world are just as sick of being associated with John Kerry and Micheal Moore (etc) as right-wingers are with the fact that Bush can't speak.

i think we need a bit of both. a strong leader who will not stand to something like 9/11, but one who is also partially liberal. if you have to much of one, you get one messed up country REALLY FAST. right now we have only the strong leader part really. its partly good, but the other half of the country is suffering. we need an even mix.

i actually just read a paper on this kind of thing, after reading lord of the flies at school. people are attracted to a strong decisive leader even if he isnt actually great at leading. BUT without that strength in the leader, the country will be viewed as weak. also, without the economical views of both, the economy will probably just flop around and die after a few years of only 1 of them.
    EDIT: as you can tell, i am niether liberal or conservative. i just hope whichever i believe is needed more at the moment will win.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

well, i think that the only real part of the republican ideals that i really agree with is less taxes. i really dont want my family to be paying more taxes than other people. im sure there are poeple out there who didnt work for their money, they just inherited it. but my dad worked hard for what we have and why should we pay more. however, i think it is the duty of the wealthy to help out on their own terms the less wealthy. we give a ton of money to charity.

i do however beleive in gay marraige and gay rights and a womens choice. so i guess im sort of a mix. i agree a lot with what CdocZ is saying. i think we need someone who has a mix of both. a compassion for civil rights but a strong leader who wont hesitate to defound the coutnry.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

about taxes.....oh god, cant they at least make it one big tax instead of 50 trillion of them? lets say you get a job, your salary is taxed. you buy something with that money, sales tax. you inherit something, inheritance tax, you invest in something, income tax AGAIN. seriously, thats annoying that you have to pay the government to allow you to do just about any action in the economy when your using you money, especially when they want to have as little to do with the economy.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Abortion: In the cider house rules, a young man is agianst abortion, and starts studying with an abortion doctor, he begins to change his view on it when a young black apple picker is raped by her own father. I have no problem with people who have been raped getting an abortion, what I have a problem with is irresponsible people who dont take a pill, or wear a patch, a condom or any other type of contraceptive, then get pregnant, and go to the abortion clinic, i am a christian, but in no way a radical religious activist or anything, but it doesnt seem right to take a innocent baby's life because its mother had a few too many martini's and wound up in the sack with joe no-condom, what you have to remember is, most people getting abortions are black women who've been aped by their father, arent they?

Taxes: here i agree with CdocZ, maybe we could have a slightly higher income tax, and no sales tax, inheritance tax, etc. It would even itself out rather quickly.

Gay Marriage/Rights: I dont think gay men and lesbian women should be able to ingage in holy matrimony, however, they should have similar rights as married couples, but not be able to legally be "married", in conventional dictionaries, i.e. non-internet versions that are not updated every two weeks to be politically correct, marriage is defined as a union of a man and a woman.

Illegal Immigration:I dont think mexicans should be as unregulated when entering our country as they currently are, there should be tighter border control, but because George Bush has a Mexican sister-in-law, and her family is coming here, i doubt this will happen until there is a new republican in office

I do consider myself quite far over on the right bank of the political river, however, when someone says something stupid and completely false, bashing left wingers, i will say something.

The latter half of that quote you have put of me, i didnt elaborate, someone, i beleive it was d-quick, said something about me probably dismissing facts as "faggot propaganda" i was pointing out that green day, a band that heavily backs john kerry, and heavily bashed george bush, and even released an entire record against him, includes lines like "can you hear the propaganda" and "kill all the faggots that dont agree", i was simply pointing out that the people saying things about propaganda and faggots, was simply not consevatives, rather the comlete opposite.

By the way, eggnog, that was an extremely well written post, and if there is anything further you would like to know, id be happy to oblige as soon as i can.

EDIT: I am on my mom's laptop, and the keyboard is a little different, so i went back and edited it for spelling, since i seemed to have missed a few letters.
    Last edited by my porsche; 01-24-2005 at 08:44 PM.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Well maybe I'm the faggot America.
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda.
    Now everybody do the propaganda.
    And sing along in the age of paranoia.

These are the lyrics I think you speak of. You had neither one of them correct.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Well if I really think about it each person has his own style, you can't just say Liberal and Conservative. I'm what you'd consider Democratic, but if a Republican comes along that I agree with more than the Democratic candidate, I guess I would be a Conservative wouldn't I?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America.
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda.
    Now everybody do the propaganda.
    And sing along in the age of paranoia.

These are the lyrics I think you speak of. You had neither one of them correct.
    no, kill all the faggots that dont agree, is quite clear, its on the song "holiday" as spoken by "a senator from california" in a break in the music, notice i said a record that includes the lyrics, not a song

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    Well if I really think about it each person has his own style, you can't just say Liberal and Conservative. I'm what you'd consider Democratic, but if a Republican comes along that I agree with more than the Democratic candidate, I guess I would be a Conservative wouldn't I?
    i guess so...

"The representative from California has the floor"

Sieg Heil to the president gasman
    Bombs away is your punishment
    Pulverize the Eiffel towers
    Who criticize your government
    Bang bang goes the broken glass and
    Kill all the fags that don't agree
    Trials by fire, setting fire
    Is not a way that's meant for me
    Just cause, just cause, because we're outlaws yeah!

Again, these lyrics in no way are promoting this type of thought and are in fact speaking out against it.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    "The representative from California has the floor"

Sieg Heil to the president gasman
    Bombs away is your punishment
    Pulverize the Eiffel towers
    Who criticize your government
    Bang bang goes the broken glass and
    Kill all the fags that don't agree
    Trials by fire, setting fire
    Is not a way that's meant for me
    Just cause, just cause, because we're outlaws yeah!

Again, these lyrics in no way are promoting this type of thought and are in fact speaking out against it.
    ok, i guess i misunderstood them
    Last edited by my porsche; 01-24-2005 at 09:06 PM.

Ok that was just down right uncalled for. He wasn't in anyway trying to insult you. For once I think you're making a mature argument in a political thread, and then you do this and totally ruin everything.
    edited

Ok that was just down right uncalled for. He wasn't in anyway trying to insult you. For once I think you're making a mature argument in a political thread, and then you do this and totally ruin everything.
    i trust you'll edit yours as well?

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    its really no use posting anything political if matt is to read it, he'll only rip it apart in a vile attemp to make me look like a retarded red state hick
    mp trust me your not a retarded every thing came out of your key board was right on the nose....GOOD JOB......
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Quote Originally Posted by QUATTRO MAN
    mp trust me your not a retarded every thing came out of your key board was right on the nose....GOOD JOB......

thanks, and how did you quote that? i deleted it 5 mins ago...

Thread Information