Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Enzo! F70?

I quite like it, especially those lights. And the thought of a 6.5L or even a 6.8L V12!!! *drools*

The nose could use a little bit of work but I think it looks pretty good.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Yea they definitely need to change the nose

Quote Originally Posted by UCR
    Obviously it will look very much different when its put into production.
    Different, but going by all of their recent efforts it will still be ugly as sin.

So far:
    550 - a bit odd
    360 - not great
    575 - still a bit odd
    Enzo - Oh dear, what were they thinking?
    612 - Bloody hell, that is an ugly car.
    430 - Make it stop, for the love of God!

Therefore:
    575 Replacement - What did I do to deserve this?
    Super Enzo - Aaarrgghh! My Eyes! They won't stop bleeding!

Active surfaces are hardly a new invention, but they will probably be seen more and more in the future, as they open up an interesting set of possibilities with the designs. You could completely change the character and look of a car from luxury cruiser to sporty beast at the touch of a button.

Greater opportunity for personalisation is the future, or so I have been told.
    Thanks for all the fish

Come on then lad, lets see you idea of a Ferrari Beauty.....

Sketches please.
    "It feels loud, fast and scary. It feels like someone has torn off your arm and is beating you to death with the soggy end." Clarkson talking about a TVR.

hmmm interesting, but i'm not so sure Ferrari will build it so soon

Thank God thats only an artists redition...i'm sure the real thing will blow my mind when or if it comes out
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

I remember an article in an Enzo mag, about the possible design of the Enzo's body/aerodynamic's.

Here is a scan of the possible Enzo's looks, Before they chose the one they did.

The Previous article scanned, mentioned that this "super enzo" is going to be tested to what the road laws will allow, check that bottom model out, will that be road legal?

I beleive the super enzo will look like that, with added 430ness.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "It feels loud, fast and scary. It feels like someone has torn off your arm and is beating you to death with the soggy end." Clarkson talking about a TVR.

to coventry sucks u are telliing me those ferrari's that u mentioned are ugly in the flesh?

those ferraris in that picture suck the enzo concept thing is ok but the others #$%#(are not good)
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

Quote Originally Posted by hanz blix
    to coventry sucks u are telliing me those ferrari's that u mentioned are ugly in the flesh?
    Yes, yes I am.

I haven't see the Enzo or 430 yet, but I have seen enough of them to know that "in the fleashness" will not change the fact that they are ugly (IMHO of course).

"In the fleash" only really works where there is odd surfacing, or a proportion that you can't really sense from a photograph, and it can sometimes change my mind if I am unsure, but in general, If I see something in a photo that looks fantastic, it is, and if it is ugly it is.

I have never looked at a photo and thought "that is ugly", then seen it in real life and said "that is the most amazing thing I have ever seen".

In fact the 612 is actually worse in the fleash than in photos.

The Enzo should always have looked like the bottom car in UCR's scan.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Yes, yes I am.

I haven't see the Enzo or 430 yet, but I have seen enough of them to know that "in the fleashness" will not change the fact that they are ugly (IMHO of course).

"In the fleash" only really works where there is odd surfacing, or a proportion that you can't really sense from a photograph, and it can sometimes change my mind if I am unsure, but in general, If I see something in a photo that looks fantastic, it is, and if it is ugly it is.

I have never looked at a photo and thought "that is ugly", then seen it in real life and said "that is the most amazing thing I have ever seen".

In fact the 612 is actually worse in the fleash than in photos.

The Enzo should always have looked like the bottom car in UCR's scan.
    Are you an Anti-Ferrari design? So maybe after the f355, ur telling that every Ferrari made wouldn't catch your attention if you see them on the road? Or if it does you will say: damn that car is fugly? I rather have a Dodge Viper or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    hmmm interesting, but i'm not so sure Ferrari will build it so soon
    Me too, I expect the Enzo's replacement at around 2013, keeping with Ferrari's tradition of waiting 10 years to introduce its top models F40, F50 and Enzo.

Thank God thats only an artists redition
    I don't think the Enzo's replacement to look like the Enzo, It'll probably look very different.

...i'm sure the real thing will blow my mind when or if it comes out
    It'll probably blow anything off the road too! Has to be faster than the Enzo.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by eclipse360
    Are you an Anti-Ferrari design? So maybe after the f355, ur telling that every Ferrari made wouldn't catch your attention if you see them on the road? Or if it does you will say: damn that car is fugly? I rather have a Dodge Viper or something like that?
    Yes, I do think that pretty much everything since the F355 and 465 haven't been especially brilliant.

Think back to the 50s, 60s and 70s. Nearly every single Ferrari produced was a stunning masterpiece, a mobile sculpture rather than a car.

Now they completely lack that quality, if you were presented with any current Ferrari without knowing that it was a Ferrari, debadged etc - would you be able to tell?

I wouldn't have been shocked if the 612S had turned out to be a Hyundai Coupe replacement. The first time I saw one I walked straight past it it was so dull, and we aren't talking about it being parked up at the side of a road, this was a motorshow of expensive cars. It was only later as I was walking back round that I noticed it. Utter dissapointment is what I felt.

To be honest, there aren't that many Ferrari's around these parts, and when I see one I am not hugely impressed by their appearence. There was a 360 spyder around here that made interesting noises, but that was probably the best thing about it.

This is just my opinion though - feel free not to be offended or start "OMFG how can you say teh Enzo is ugly??!!"-ing.

I don't think anyone with £110,000 to spend on a car would think - that's too ugly, think I'll buy a Viper instead.

I'd be inclined to go for a fettled 996 Turbo or GT2, Aston Martin DB9 or something like that
    Thanks for all the fish

Yes, I do think that pretty much everything since the F355 and 465 haven't been especially brilliant.

Think back to the 50s, 60s and 70s. Nearly every single Ferrari produced was a stunning masterpiece, a mobile sculpture rather than a car.

Now they completely lack that quality, if you were presented with any current Ferrari without knowing that it was a Ferrari, debadged etc - would you be able to tell?

I wouldn't have been shocked if the 612S had turned out to be a Hyundai Coupe replacement. The first time I saw one I walked straight past it it was so dull, and we aren't talking about it being parked up at the side of a road, this was a motorshow of expensive cars. It was only later as I was walking back round that I noticed it. Utter dissapointment is what I felt.

To be honest, there aren't that many Ferrari's around these parts, and when I see one I am not hugely impressed by their appearence. There was a 360 spyder around here that made interesting noises, but that was probably the best thing about it.

This is just my opinion though - feel free not to be offended or start "OMFG how can you say teh Enzo is ugly??!!"-ing.

I don't think anyone with £110,000 to spend on a car would think - that's too ugly, think I'll buy a Viper instead.

I'd be inclined to go for a fettled 996 Turbo or GT2, Aston Martin DB9 or something like that
    i completely agree with you

if i may add to what you said though...
    i think sometimes when people say a car looks much more impressive "in the flesh" theyre really just being impressed by the general stance and proportions of the thing, not really looking at the styling. Yes, a F430 certainly draws your attention if you see one on the road, but thats mainly because its size, stance, and basic shape are so much a departure from all the saloons on the road. Another thing that i think distracts people when observing a car up close are all the details...for instance, all the scoops and such on a F430 may look impressive if you're looking just at the scoop from a distance of a foot or two, but if you were to back up and look objectively at the scoop you may realize that it looks completely out of place on the car

I respect your opinion and i agree that the 612 Scaglietti is not a big a success. But for the Enzo, i saw it twice and for me, it looks amazing. Again, its my opinion. Its a design that people like a lot or hate it to death if you know what i mean. but like you said, Ferrari from the 50s, 60s and 70s may look beautiful for you. I dont know how old you are, but i am 20 so i cant really tell that i like the design of these cars. I respect you and i dont want to tell you that you're old so that why you dont like the car from now. But car design has evolve with the aerodynamic and everything. Like the Enzo, almost every line of this car is base on aerodynamics. So Ferrari has evolve their car in a way. Some nostalgic wont like their new design but some younger peeps will like it, like me. So i think if you like or a ferrari design or not depends on which generation ur born in. Maybe im wrong, thats just my opinion.

*Sorry for my poor english. I Live in Quebec, Canada, thats why...lol

Thread Information