Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ford now recalling 800,000 USVs and trucks !!

Ford now recalling 800,000 USVs and trucks !!

According to BBC News just 5 mins ago, Ford US is having to recall 800,000 vehicles to replace components to prevent pottentinal engine bay fires.

not Ford's month is it
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

maybe they just went through a major search for defects?
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6876176/

accordgin to this it was the US NHTSA who brought it to Ford's attention after 36 spontaneous fires in F150s while sitting parked with their ignition off.

Ford's short-term fix is to remove some circuitry from the cruise control until they can get n"new modules" !

Guess they' ll palm this off as another "supplier porblem" liek the GT's suspensions !!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

what the hell is happening over at ford? they get retarded this year? jeeez......maybe they switched suppliers to a cheaper......and obviously much lower quality supplier? any way to check that?

Its not just Ford, the whole US auto industry had a record number of recalls in 2004 and i guess its not dying down in 2005. But 800,000 vehicles is alot, Australia alone they sold 950,000 new vehicles last year
    I am the Stig

Gosh damnit, there goes my Ford stock, again, what is with them? I am really losing faith in this company, my dad kind of wants to get a Five Hundred, I think I might have to steer him clear of that.

The Fusion looks like a better car IMO
    I am the Stig

I heard they recall a bunch of new 05 mustangs for the same reasons!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lamospeed23
    I heard they recall a bunch of new 05 mustangs for the same reasons!!!
    IIRC this was on blue-oval and it's a different problem with the cylinder heads

When is it there month?
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Maybe ford should get some guys from toyota and rework all there cars and trucks. Not all cars break, ford has a big problem. i will never buy one of those junk cars again.

there is just no way this is normal. i have a feeling they switched suppliers or something for their parts to save some money, and just went through a huge check for defects. who knows what it is......but this is a reasonable reason.

Quote Originally Posted by xrunner
    Maybe ford should get some guys from toyota and rework all there cars and trucks. Not all cars break, ford has a big problem. i will never buy one of those junk cars again.
    Do I have to post all the Toyota recalls from 2002 onward? Ford is not the only company to have recalls. Even perceived high end companies like Mercedes, Porsche, and Ferrari have recalls. And most of them are worse than what Ford's been recalling.

**Fires are a serious matter, but chances are that if the ignition is off, no one is in/near the car. Ford should, and seem to be, correct this as quicky as possible.**
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    **Fires are a serious matter, but chances are that if the ignition is off, no one is in/near the car. Ford should, and seem to be, correct this as quicky as possible.**
    Yeah, like in the garage at home with the kids sleeping in bed upstairs
    Surely it's WORSE when the ignition is off because in all likelihood there's nobody near to put the fire out before it spreads.

Either way, Ford seem to have screwed up in a big way. Given their "pride" in how quickly they brought the GT to market, it's possible that they're cutting too many corners in all their designs to be able to boast the same and getting burnt (!) by the decision

They need some sort of structure that gives imported cars the upper hand in pricing, literally forcing the local manufacturers there to lift there game.
    I am the Stig

Thread Information