Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New 06 Camaro

I really like the new GTO though. I like it for what it is, not what it should have been.
    me too, it is more a "sport luxury" car than a true sports car, ive considered buying one myself a couple times, test driven, and riden in a friends. it has its merits and is a very good car but ultimately what turned me off was the price. it is a good price for what it is but i just keep flashing back to the days when you could have a rwd coupe with a small block chevy in the mid $20k range... with classic camaro lines, a decent amount of power, and the old "cheap as dirt" camaro price id be all over it
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

I'm thinking the GTO suspension might be a VYII FE1.5 set up not the FE2. So it's softer.

Try paying $60k for it here

I remember when base model cars here were in the $20k range, they wern't anything like they are today.

One think on the GTO looks and i dont like it's front,
    But anyway most say it's not muscel aggressive enough, but how many say it's ugly ?
    Last edited by SlickHolden; 01-30-2005 at 01:29 PM.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by megotmea7
    ill tell you strait out, if they make a camaro that looks like the conceptual 3d model that kid did. has IRS, an LS1 with at least 350hp(Z28 mabe) and the SS with the 400hp LS2, can price it competitivly($19k for a V6, $25k for the Z28, and around $30k for the SS) i would buy one in a heartbeat. it would absolutly kill GTO sales but theres so many die hard chevy fans out there hat would love to see mustang stomper that is comparitavely priced and many dont like the GTO's look. i miss the camaro...
    The concept looks good but it looks like an old Camaro. Cant you Yanks move on.
    Dodge and Ford seem to be going all retro to appease the old school as well. DPes this mean that while car design moves on in the rest of the world (check Bently and BMW) the US will be churning out new cars that look like old ones. Are the US designers exhausted for original good ideas.
    Ther that shouldnt cause too much trouble.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

if they remake the camaro as mego7meal said.....with the same design as in those concept-idea-drawing pics i posted..........very cool!
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

I saw the pics on google n cdocz has shown them!!!

That´s fantastic!!! one of my favourite cars with a very good-looking body. I´m not from the EEUU, so I can´t know the american´s people preferences about designs.
    But I think this Camaro, as well as the ´05 Mustang, have made very good getting this old-look.
    Live and let die

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    The concept looks good but it looks like an old Camaro. Cant you Yanks move on.
    I would agree if GM was considering a retro design based on the 74 to 81 Camaro, it wasn't ugly but the 67 to 69 ones were the best of the lot looks wise. So bringing this car back is a good call IMO
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

I'll bet 50 bucks it looks like a Monte Carlo.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

the 1967 is a classic and the 2002 is a crapper. they need a new body on the camaro. I like the retro looks on the 06 concept. hope it goes into production
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

Quote Originally Posted by megotmea7
    ill tell you strait out, if they make a camaro that looks like the conceptual 3d model that kid did. has IRS, an LS1 with at least 350hp(Z28 mabe) and the SS with the 400hp LS2, can price it competitivly($19k for a V6, $25k for the Z28, and around $30k for the SS) i would buy one in a heartbeat. it would absolutly kill GTO sales but theres so many die hard chevy fans out there hat would love to see mustang stomper that is comparitavely priced and many dont like the GTO's look. i miss the camaro...

after the Z28 came out was there still a SS version?

Even if they come back with the V6, Z28 and SS version I would like to see the return of the SS/RS maybe with a LS7(427, 600+hp)

Thread Information