Thread: Need some advise

Need some advise

hey guys....i need some advise
    I have 2 pics of an F50 here...taken from the same angle...but i didnt use a flash with the first pic........obviously i did used the flash with the 2nd pic..

Question is....which pic looks better???
    Attached Images Attached Images
    FERRARI RULEZZZ

wel the first isnt bad to start with. but in the second the flash works well as a fill to counter the shadow around the front of the car. it does however give you some blown spots. it will work either way, however you like. neither looks gret becuase of the ahrsh light coming in the skylight.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by SPHFerrari
    wel the first isnt bad to start with. but in the second the flash works well as a fill to counter the shadow around the front of the car. it does however give you some blown spots. it will work either way, however you like. neither looks gret becuase of the ahrsh light coming in the skylight.
    exactly what i was gonna say

The second pic looks alot better
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Quote Originally Posted by Fumacher
    hey guys....i need some advise
    I have 2 pics of an F50 here...taken from the same angle...but i didnt use a flash with the first pic........obviously i did used the flash with the 2nd pic..

Question is....which pic looks better???
    they look the same to me..........yes I see the flash in the front
    bumper....but they bout look nice...
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia
    i reckon the first pic is better... it's just a little too dark in the front of the car... but u can easily enhanced the pic with photoshop.
    "Rejection is better than regret. It's better to try and know you did your part, than to spend the rest of your days wishing you had tried"

definitely the second, it reveals the detail hidden by the shadow on the first photo

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia
    here.. i gave it a go with photoshop... i think it looks a little better...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Rejection is better than regret. It's better to try and know you did your part, than to spend the rest of your days wishing you had tried"

tnkx u guys
    FERRARI RULEZZZ

i'd go with the 1st pic, just my opinion, i can really put it into works why, i tried 2 but it just didnt make sence

what camera are you using? can you direct the flash to bounce off the white ceiling? try holding a white business card or something like that just under the flash to bounce it up to the ceiling for more of a flooding effect. that's what i do with my adjustable flash.
    aka: Rob Clements, Ultimatecarpage North American Correspondent
    "big durango", formerly known as the "MEDIA MASTER", (title now belonging to Matt)

Quote Originally Posted by <AAA-MOD>
    what camera are you using? can you direct the flash to bounce off the white ceiling? try holding a white business card or something like that just under the flash to bounce it up to the ceiling for more of a flooding effect. that's what i do with my adjustable flash.
    Im using a Nikon 5400, with a standard flash.
    Im saving up for a new lens just like you...

So that technique u told me abt........ u still aim the flash on the car aite?
    And by just holding a card under the flash u can create a nice effect on the pic?

Im going to an indoor car event next thursday..... called the Autorai, which will be held in Amsterdam. I think ppl from UCP will go there as well.
    I recently have a tripod which i will use, so that now i can have a longer exposure time. I will also use a something called " Slow sync flash mode"
    Im still experimentating with my camera.
    I can adjust many things with it, but it takes time before i can really take advantage of all the adjustable things on my digital camera.

Tnkx again for ur advice!
    Last edited by Fumacher; 02-07-2005 at 12:50 AM.
    FERRARI RULEZZZ

how r u saving up for a new lens, the 5400 is not an SLR
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by SPHFerrari
    how r u saving up for a new lens, the 5400 is not an SLR
    yes its possible.......the guy at the shop said that i can have a 10x optic lens optional
    FERRARI RULEZZZ

Quote Originally Posted by Fumacher
    Im using a Nikon 5400, with a standard flash.
    Im saving up for a new lens just like you...

So that technique u told me abt........ u still aim the flash on the car aite?
    And by just holding a card under the flash u can create a nice effect on the pic?

Im going to an indoor car event next thursday..... called the Autorai, which will be held in Amsterdam. I think ppl from UCP will go there as well.
    I recently have a tripod which i will use, so that now i can have a longer exposure time. I will also use a something called " Slow sync flash mode"
    Im still experimentating with my camera.
    I can adjust many things with it, but it takes time before i can really take advantage of all the adjustable things on my digital camera.

Tnkx again for ur advice!

if your flash is fixed in a forward pointing direction, then try the bouncing idea. otherwise with a external flash like mine, i can pivot it to point in any direction i want.
    aka: Rob Clements, Ultimatecarpage North American Correspondent
    "big durango", formerly known as the "MEDIA MASTER", (title now belonging to Matt)

Thread Information