2 66.67%
  • Ingall and Murphy

0 0%
  • Ingall and Perkins

1 33.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Enforcer moment of 2003

Favourite Enforcer moment of 2003

What would be the best moment in 2003 between Ingall and someone else on track, out of the following:

1: Round 13 - Ingall swerving towards Skaife who was standing on the side of the road yelling back at him.

2. Round 11 - Ingall pulling out right infront of Murphy in put lane, putting a smallish scratch on the VY's front bumper, in the press conference afterwards Murphy was pleading his case to Ingall trying to prove Ingall was in the wrong, using all types of hand gestures and Ingall sat back, had a drink, relaxed for a while and the stuards declared no gain was achieved

last but not least

3. Round 10 - After about 5-8 cars being held up by Larry Perkins, someone finally made a break and everyone else followed, but as Ingall passed his former team mate, the words "Get off the road u F*ckin old woman!!" slipped out of his mouth
    I am the Stig

was that ingall that said that about perkins.i heard it on the teley but i didnt know who said it....well i was impressed with his driving at pekakhue....getting thru all the traffic whilst ambrose was behind him coming for the ride, some of the moves he was pulling were fairly gutsy, then letting ambrose finish ahead of him was quite sporting of him....oh i mean when his car was running out of fuel and ambrose slipped passed him was a bit unfortunate for ingall! hehe

yeah it wouldve been ingal that said it, i dont think he ever got on with larry despite winning bathurst twice with him. i was also surprised at how easiy he gave up the lead to ambrose race 2 rnd 11 when he came out of the pits ahead of him, ingall enged up taking it back though
    I am the Stig

well i think things soured at bathurst in 2001 when ingall and perkins where in the top 2 or 3 in the race and larry hit the wall on the pit entry and ruin there chances of winning.

well that wouldve put a reasonable amount of doubt in ingalls mind about perkin's driving capabilities, but they hit back the next year with a 2nd place
    I am the Stig

well ingall said in "auto action" that his relationship with larry perkins was like a bad marriage, so he moved on into a better team!

well with how much SBR have improved since signing ambrose in 2001 they could easily be considered the best team
    I am the Stig

hes unbelievable isnt he, i think in his first ever race in the v8 supercar series he got provisional pole and he won a few rounds in his second year and well last year he dominated most of the races....hell only get better too...go AMBROSE!

well the story of his motorsport career is he spent a year or so in formula ford and cleaned up the competiton, went on to formula 3 doing much the same, beating people like steven johnson and wait for it, kimi raikkonen, before his team went bust so he contacted the late howard marsden about any opportunities over here and he got shown SBR who signed him up without even sticking him in a car for a test. he took the whole fielld by surprise by taking pole on his first round but it was at darwin later that year that he took a victory. 2002 he equalled skaife for 5 poles and completely cleaned up last round at sandown, taking pole and winning all of the races. 2003 he started on a low because of a completely new car, but took 5 poles, 6 round wins, 4 of which were in a row.
    I am the Stig

now that Ingalls had a full season under his belt in the ford, how do you reckon hell go this year?Mind you he did win the first ever race last year in a ford!

well i think ambrose will stay the better driver, but we'll probably see more SBR 1-2 finishes and perhaps even ingal on the number 2 spot at the end of the year
    I am the Stig

well hes finished bridesmaid in the championship 3 times i think, the last time he got 2nd in the championship he said if he was a woman hed consider changing his sex lol

well with the points system, im sure he could accept another second place if it was behind someone like ambrose by a small margin. its going to get damn near impossible to be in the clear like how skaife was 2002, i think he ended up finishing 600 points infront of murphy who was onyl about 70 points ahead of ambrose, who was only about 20 points infront of bright
    I am the Stig

yeah the double points for the endurance rounds really killed the points championship in 2002

i dont know anything about a double points for endurance round rule, but i had a look at the points board for 2002 and theyve got like 5 different amounts of points they gave out, between about 150 and 400 for clipsal
    I am the Stig

Thread Information