Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekly Photography Comp 17

Kingdom of Tonga South Pacific for the time being..
    ok I will respond to everyones remarks..
    first off.. I try my best with a POS 3.2MP cam. sure the picture that im entering is blurry and what-not but thats bcuz The pic was a somewhat long expusure and it was cold out and unlike many "Pros" on this forum I dont use a tripod. I won last month becuase I got lucky and spotted an ultra rare car and took a decent picture of it with a shitty camera. Most Car Pic comps are won by the best overall shot. Car + Background + Quality.. If the picture looks good itll win no matter what car it is.

I can guarantee that if the picture I entered this week were taken with a $1000 8MP camera no one would be complaining..

Forza Autodelta sorry I do not have any pictures of 60s Masers and Astons.. hopefully Ill atend some shows in the near future and snap some up as they are some of my favourite cars..

PS a sighting on the street is worth 10 at a dealer..
    ________
    Mercedes-Benz 200 history
    Last edited by Rebirth of Xar; 01-31-2011 at 12:13 AM.

having a 3.2 mp camera is no excuse. i think i took lots of great pics with my 3.2 mp camera, ones a lot better than what i have taken so far with my 6.3 mp camera. and exactly, it was a long exposure without a tripod. you dont do that. this is a PHOTOGRAPHY comp. you dont have to be a pro to know that you dont do long exposures at night without a tripod. if we are supposed to ignore the fact that your mechanical photography skills are no good, then what are we supposed to do. that just proves my point. you cant just take a picture of a good car, if its not a good picture it should not win, no excuses.

Most Car Pic comps are won by the best overall shot. Car + Background + Quality.. If the picture looks good itll win no matter what car it is.
    i agree that is the THEORY, but apparently not what happens, and thats my problem. if that is the case, you get 1 out of 3 of the requirement for a winning pic for last weeks. you had a good car, not a good background, and not good quality.

i dont agree that had your picture been taken with a thousand dollar 8mp camera. if it came out the way it did here, i would say exactly the same thing, only you couldnt blame it on your camera (which i dont feel is fair anyway cuz 3.2mp is plenty to get a decent picture if your good). with the best camera in the world, your picture would still be blurry because you attempted a long exposure without a tripod, and it would still, IMO, not be a winning quality. if you feel that the only way you ucan take a good picture is with a better camera, then theres nothing i can say to you except these competitions are not won on the basis of the camera's quality, but that of the picture, and not even the physical quality of the picture. when its an 800*600 entry size, 5 extra million pixels will not help you. an 800*600 size picture is only 480,000 pixels, no matter what camera you use. then again, with more megapixels the picture quality may look slightly better once made smaller like that, but, again, it is not the physical quality of the picture, but how good a capture it is.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by SPHFerrari
    having a 3.2 mp camera is no excuse. i think i took lots of great pics with my 3.2 mp camera, ones a lot better than what i have taken so far with my 6.3 mp camera. and exactly, it was a long exposure without a tripod. you dont do that. this is a PHOTOGRAPHY comp. you dont have to be a pro to know that you dont do long exposures at night without a tripod. if we are supposed to ignore the fact that your mechanical photography skills are no good, then what are we supposed to do. that just proves my point. you cant just take a picture of a good car, if its not a good picture it should not win, no excuses.

i agree that is the THEORY, but apparently not what happens, and thats my problem. if that is the case, you get 1 out of 3 of the requirement for a winning pic for last weeks. you had a good car, not a good background, and not good quality.

i dont agree that had your picture been taken with a thousand dollar 8mp camera. if it came out the way it did here, i would say exactly the same thing, only you couldnt blame it on your camera (which i dont feel is fair anyway cuz 3.2mp is plenty to get a decent picture if your good). with the best camera in the world, your picture would still be blurry because you attempted a long exposure without a tripod, and it would still, IMO, not be a winning quality. if you feel that the only way you ucan take a good picture is with a better camera, then theres nothing i can say to you except these competitions are not won on the basis of the camera's quality, but that of the picture, and not even the physical quality of the picture. when its an 800*600 entry size, 5 extra million pixels will not help you. an 800*600 size picture is only 480,000 pixels, no matter what camera you use. then again, with more megapixels the picture quality may look slightly better once made smaller like that, but, again, it is not the physical quality of the picture, but how good a capture it is.
    I try my best and I enter my best if my best isnt good enough for you then why dont you do better? you certainly have the access to the cars why not show me a "Perfect" picture? as for the why a $1000 8Mp cam would make a better picture? becuz it wouldve made a sharper, crisp and not needed as long of an exposure for better results as a POS sony DSCp72. I dont want to hear any more of this "the better shot didnt win" BS just bcuz the pictures you entered didnt win. I always vote for the pic i thought contained the best overall package. dont complain to me for winning the comps bcuz I just enter the picture that I think I did best on in the week not the picture I thought was "perfect". If your gonna complain then do it to the people who voted for me.
    ________
    BMW X5 specifications
    Last edited by Rebirth of Xar; 01-31-2011 at 12:14 AM.

Why are you guys mouthing off at Xar? It's not like he forced people to vote for him. He just happened to get lucky and spot a nice car and take a picture of it. Even if it wasn't the best picture people voted for him. Deal with it. It's not like it's a comp for money or anything. Anyways, here's my entry. BTW, great picture mustang. Love the TV in the backround.

Lamborghini Murcialago Barchetta
    NAIAS 2005
    January 17th
    FujiFilm fine-pix A2-10

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by carlover; 02-14-2005 at 03:44 PM.

Jesus fooking christ, this is a friendly inter forum comp, its called "weekly photosgraphy" not who has the best pic or who has the best car in there pic.

Its just for showing pics that members have taken and then the membersc can decide which pic they like the look of.

sure there are many things wrong with alot of them but unlike wouters etc these pics are just for hobbies not for work.
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang
    Jesus fooking christ, this is a friendly inter forum comp, its called "weekly photosgraphy" not who has the best pic or who has the best car in there pic. Its just for showing pics that members have taken and then the membersc can decide which pic they like the look of.
    sure there are many things wrong with alot of them but unlike wouters etc these pics are just for hobbies not for work.
    Exactly. You people can critizise all you want, it helps in fact, but if you're going to at least do it in a nice spirited way.

NO NO NO. i no. i wasnt going to blame Xar at all, just make a commentary on the competition. but then i had to comment on Xar after some things he said i disagreed on. this is not an attack on Xar.

i am not complaining mine didnt win, i didnt even enter last week and i dont think ill win yet this week either, i have seen other pics that are better. i too vote for the pic i think is better. but i dont vote based on who has the best car, its who took the best photo. forgive me if u disagree but thats what i think the competition should be based on.

not needed as long of an exposure for better results as a POS sony DSCp72
    NOT TRUE AT ALL. are you joking? i dont even know where to begin to explain why thats wrong. i suggest you read up on how exposure works and how it is all related to three factors, ISO, shutterspeed, and aperture. more MP will not in any way allow you to have shorter exposures at night.

NO NO NO. i no. i wasnt going to blame Xar at all, just make a commentary on the competition. but then i had to comment on Xar after some things he said i disagreed on. this is not an attack on Xar.
    Ok good. Just seemed like things were getting a little heated. Didn't want it to get worse then the chop comp is sometimes.

i agree it is hard to get good pics with POS cameras....i used to use a HP 3.2 MP camera and u cant even mess around with any settings. Xar i know exactly what you mean. also SPH i know where your coming from. im still learning all the features my camera has and its very interestening to learn all the stuff.

i dont agree its hard to get good pics from a 3.2 mp camera
    form 3.2 mp camera:

maybe its just me but i find these to be pretty good pictures.
    just so theres not confusoin, these obviously have nothing to do with the comp

it is possible to get great pics like those with a 3.2mp camera its just that the biggest size image you can use is smaller
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    I wonder if this would get any votes if it was a regular car and not a viper.
    If it was a regular car it would not get any votes simply because it would not be sticking out from the other cars in the backround. A "gem in the rough" so to speak, does make a good picture. A "granite in the rough" however, makes it look like a random jumble of cars. Just my $0.02. BTW, I don't like RoX's picture to much this week, but some people might.

NOT TRUE AT ALL. are you joking? i dont even know where to begin to explain why thats wrong. i suggest you read up on how exposure works and how it is all related to three factors, ISO, shutterspeed, and aperture. more MP will not in any way allow you to have shorter exposures at night.
    When I say 8mp camera I talk about the overall camera quality and the amount of technoligal features it has... not just saying bcuz its a bigger picture its a better shot.
    you cant compare a normal picture shot from a 3.2mp dscp72 with a 3.2mp shot from a sony f717 bcuz its obviously going to prove how my picture wouldve been a million times better.
    ________
    headshops
    Last edited by Rebirth of Xar; 01-31-2011 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang
    Its just for showing pics that members have taken and then the membersc can decide which pic they like the look of.
    Well, of course, with a little compition added for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebirth of Xar
    When I say 8mp camera I talk about the overall camera quality and the amount of technoligal features it has... not just saying bcuz its a bigger picture its a better shot.
    you cant compare a normal picture shot from a 3.2mp dscp72 with a 3.2mp shot from a sony f717 bcuz its obviously going to prove how my picture wouldve been a million times better.
    well, the only thing i can think of that would have helped ur photo in any way would be a higher ISO, and i dont know if your camera offers that.

Thread Information