Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do car forums have any impact on auto makers?

Quote Originally Posted by KnifeEdge_2K1
    um in ten years either we're gonna run out of oil, gonna be on hydrogen or hybrids, or have flying cars ()

seriously though, in ten years dont u think the market for such a vehicle would be much smaller then it is today ? like im just thinking with the way gas prices are now, and there's steady increase of people in urban areas while the whole "enviroment" problem doesnt seem like its gonna stop or even slow down

if ur targeting enthusiasts and stuff and market it as a pure performance/track car then i think that'd make more sense, but sooner or later the government is gonna say no to internal combustion
    But the same could have been said in the 70's with that oil crisis.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by KnifeEdge_2K1
    um in ten years either we're gonna run out of oil, gonna be on hydrogen or hybrids, or have flying cars ()

seriously though, in ten years dont u think the market for such a vehicle would be much smaller then it is today ? like im just thinking with the way gas prices are now, and there's steady increase of people in urban areas while the whole "enviroment" problem doesnt seem like its gonna stop or even slow down

if ur targeting enthusiasts and stuff and market it as a pure performance/track car then i think that'd make more sense, but sooner or later the government is gonna say no to internal combustion
    that was one of THE stupidest things i have ever heard

"oh yeah guys, in ten years, no internal combustion, the ozone will have a hole in it, we will run out of gas, oh my gosh guys lets all panic!! go buy prius, insights whatever you can get a hold of, but for god's sake dont drive an internal combustion engine!!!"

taz, whitey, go ahead wif it, theres gonna be plenty of oil in 10 years, the market will be good, and the ozone will not have a hole or huge problem
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    precisely, there have been scares before, but are we out of oil? didnt think so, the production of gas guzzlers is on the rise, they wouldnt be making that many more s.u.v. type things if there were to be no oil in 10 years

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    taz, whitey, go ahead wif it, theres gonna be plenty of oil in 10 years, the market will be good, and the ozone will not have a hole or huge problem
    Michel de Nostredame

por que? who is that? im only in 8th grade, i havent studied philosiphers or liberal arts teachers or whatever he is

por que? who is that? im only in 8th grade, i havent studied philosiphers or liberal arts teachers or whatever he is
    He was a prophet, born in the early 16th century. He predicted things such Hitler's desire to subdue the world , Franco's dictatorship, natural catastrophies...

well, whitey, i'd would you and bluey the best of luck with it.if you guys ever produce one, i'll will be one of the first buyers !!!however, first do some PROPER market investigation.Is there a market for this kind of cars etcetera... Good luck with it !!!

I don't know if any industry people look at this board, or pay attention to it, but quite a few small UK companies (TVR, Noble, Ultima etc) have representatives on PistonHeads IIRC.

Sometimes they listen, other times they don't.

The guy from FBS insisted that the design of the car was fine. Then they sold 5 of them because no one liked the design, and they didn't change it.
    Thanks for all the fish

i think there will always be room in australia for another front mounted V8 engined RWD.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Oil wont be a problem cause the ECU with have the required sensors to run perfectly on a variety of petrol, ethanol and methanol blends, wont it sam
    I am the Stig

it will run on bullshit, so karrmann can drive one.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

I don't think companies take the blindest bit of notice of car forums, which I'm glad of, cos if they did, we'd all be driving around in Skyline ripoffs...

There is going to be oil in 10 years, but I wouldn't want to say there will be "pleanty".

There is "pleanty" now and yet still it gets to over $50 a barrel...

How can you declare so insistantly that the market will be there?

Are you an industry analyst?

How do you know that the idea of having a "green" car will not become fashionable, and the market for gas guzzlers will decline?

As for the hole in the ozone:
    1) Ozone problems are caused by CFCs, which have been banned in the Western world, hence it shrinking
    2) There is a hole there now.
    3) Cars emit ozone, which casues cancer.

Besides that, there probably is a space in the market for such a car. The project sounds good.

Not too sure about the 4 dr saloon though - sales of traditional saloons have slumped dramatically in Europe in the last few years, and I think it would be a very difficult sector of the market to break into.

A coupe/ sports car would probably sell though.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz
    i will say yes, because my fufute company (co-owned by bluey) will listen to UCP and what they think
    Likely you've just scared away all your potential investors
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    The oil crisis in the '70's wasn't really a lack of oil, but the Arab's refusing to sell it to the US. I get what you mean, though, as long as you understand.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Thread Information