Thread: 35th anniversary corvette

35th anniversary corvette

i would like to have some feedback upon the 1988 35th anniversary corvette. i have a certain love for this car because one sits in my garage during the wisconsin summers. i think it looks far better than many other late eighties corvette models primarily because of the body colored belt line. i usually do not see this car in my car books/magazines (100 years of the american auto, motor trend corvette articles etc etc) only 2050 were ever made, all in coupe form and all in white. it seems that this car is often forgetten in favor of the 40th anniversary edition or the new for 1990 ZR-1 package. love to have some thoughts on this car.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mawi427; 06-03-2004 at 06:32 PM.

Are you asking for feedback as in what people think about it? If so IMHO I like but I prefer the 40th ann. better. The C4 body style in general was like a fine wine, it got better with age. The best years are from 93-96 for the C4. I personally don't like the Corvette as much from 74-92(the dark ages). If it came down to it and I got a good deal on it, I could possibly see buying a 35th Anniversary edition. But if they were both in front of me and price was no object, the 40th would be going home with me.
    2005 Victory Red Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab
    2002 Concord Purple Harley Sportster 883XLC

"I think the Vietnam war is nothing more than the white people sending the black people to fight the yellow people in order to secure a nation stolen from the red people"-Anonymous

UCP's Biggest Chevrolet Corvette fan.

I actually like this alot. I dont really like old 'vettes but this one has a very nice interior. And the back end styling is nice too. I dont know about comparing it to the 40th but I must admit I was suprised as to how this old vette looked.

umm.... not a big fan of the C4 body style I guess... It is a nice car and I love the corvette, all of them, but it kinda feels old for me... ( I am young). I think that it would be nice for someone who was an adult at that time. I think the cars I like now will hold a special place for me when I am much older.
    '94 Intrepid ES (3.3L) :D

Greatness: repeated higher level performances over a long period of time.

I'm not really a fan of "..... Aniversary" anything; unless the package is backed by increased performance. That's why I like the 1988 Lamborghini Countach 25th aniversary edition. I believe it was the Highest performing Countach ever built. It is my favourite supercar of all time, and is still mighty respectable today. Anyway, I'm off topic.

This is a nice car, I love Corvettes, and I wouldn't mind owning this one. However, for me, I love the c3's the best. I know they can't compare with modern vettes, but I think they're simply gorgeous. Plus, the 1971-1974 454 engine option was pretty nice Of them all, I'd probably take a 1978 model. I love the late c3's the most.
    Life begins @ 200 MPH
    There's no replacement for displacement.

Quote Originally Posted by HemiCuda500
    Of them all, I'd probably take a 1978 model. I love the late c3's the most.
    I know where there is a 78 for sale. White, tires, 4sp auto, wants $5,000, I think. The interior needs to be re-done i think though. If you're interested just pm me and lemme know.
    2005 Victory Red Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab
    2002 Concord Purple Harley Sportster 883XLC

"I think the Vietnam war is nothing more than the white people sending the black people to fight the yellow people in order to secure a nation stolen from the red people"-Anonymous

UCP's Biggest Chevrolet Corvette fan.

Thread Information