Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TVR 350 Dutch review

TVR 350 Dutch review

An intresting Review here, in Dutch but dont worry its got subtitles.

I cant understand why the guys are moaning about no traction control or ABS.

And he claims its hard to change gear with your left arm.

Bunch of women.

http://www.sleepy-fish.com/sleepy/TVR_T350_dutch_TV.wmv

Quote Originally Posted by UCR
    And he claims its hard to change gear with your left arm.
    Likely trying to be the Dutch "Jeremy Clarkson" and moan about things that dont' really make much diffrence !!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Theres only 1 Jezza!!!

Hard to change with ur left arm? :S Those crazy Dutch!

just a question, would TVR still be considered an English company?
    pondering things

id say the are Renglish, or maybe Englussion

THEIR STIG ISNT A SECRET!!!!!
    Last edited by my porsche; 02-26-2005 at 03:47 PM.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Yeah, it's sort of funny to hear about them complain about a lack of traction control or ABS. It's almost like they think cars didn't drive before that stuff .

I first learned to drive stick (well, do the pattern at least) with my left hand: my Pop would drive + work the clutch, and I'd sit on the passenger side and shift. I was probably 9 or 10 when we did this. So it wouldn't be a problem for me. In fact, felt weird doing it with my right hand at first.
    Last edited by jcp123; 02-26-2005 at 04:40 PM.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123
    Yeah, it's sort of funny to hear about them complain about a lack of traction control or ABS. It's almost like they think cars didn't drive before that stuff .

I first learned to drive stick (well, do the pattern at least) with my left hand: my Pop would drive + work the clutch, and I'd sit on the passenger side and shift. I was probably 9 or 10 when we did this. So it wouldn't be a problem for me. In fact, felt weird doing it with my right hand at first.
    i learned manual in my dad's porsche, tiptronic in his other porsche and his audi, i like tiptronic better, because it will shift for you if you f*** up

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    We had tiptronic on our VW. I wasn't that impressed with it. It's really no different from having a normal automatic and shifting it up and down the pattern. It didn't react all that quickly either. Then again, the VW version may not be as finely tuned as the Porsche version, either, i don't know.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

That would have slaughtered the Mustang in the dry.

Just another reason why you shouldn't form an opinion of a car because of some numbers.
    Thanks for all the fish

I do this for my mum aswell, shift for her, i'm her automatic gearbox

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    I do this for my mum aswell, shift for her, i'm her automatic gearbox
    Since your cars are RHD, then you're learing to shift with your right hand then. Crazy world
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123
    We had tiptronic on our VW. I wasn't that impressed with it. It's really no different from having a normal automatic and shifting it up and down the pattern. It didn't react all that quickly either. Then again, the VW version may not be as finely tuned as the Porsche version, either, i don't know.
    our Audi version was not that fast, but then again its not a sports car, the porsche version is very quick, its two rocker switches on the steering wheel, he wouldnt let me do tip in his porsche because, well you know, steering wheel, but he let me shift in his manual Porsche, and tip in his Audi, its pretty fun, but like you said, not that fast for Audi/VW version

OK guys, time for some clarification form somebody who did not need the subtitles.

The racing lap was done by Allard Kalff, who is quite an experienced and still professionally active racing driver. He would drive circles around Clarkson. The presentator is a prick.
    The verdict was that he was very positive about the car, and his remarks about left hand shifting have to be taken tongue in cheek, because he really knows what he is doing. The track was far too wet for a real comparison with the Mustang.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

me seen that on tv... so true the other guy is a prick

Allard Kalff is a nice guy, he only wears a wrong sweater
    The other one really is an arrogant bastard. He once presented a programme where someone could win a year racing in some cup. There was a group of 20 or so people that had to prove their racingskills in various cars. One guy screwed up a little on a certain part so the presenter said he did and walked away and the guy immediatly said: What a jerk!....lol very funny that was
    I think Koenigsegg is Swedish for: "Oh no, my head's just exploded!"

Jeremy Clarkson

Thread Information