Thread: Tips for 2005 Australian Formula One Grand Prix

Tips for 2005 Australian Formula One Grand Prix

Well, I'm heading off to Melbourne this coming Saturday for the first race of the new Formula One season - and I can't wait.
    It'll be interesting to see how the new rules pan out, whether Schumi will continue to dominate, if the pace of the McLarens and Renaults in testing will turn into race speed, if Williams has fixed their minor problems and if national favourite Mark Webber can get anywhere near the podium.
    Not only that, I'll get a chance to see the V8 Supercars on the support bill for their first race of the year, but that's a different story.
    Thought I'd find out what others tips for qualifying and the podium for Melbourne will be.

Me, I think that either M. Schumacher or Raikkonen will take pole.
    The podium will be M. Schumacher, Raikkonen and Alonso. Though Webber, bouyed by crowd support, will be the dark horse.
    Thoughts?
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

watch the v8s
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by motorsportnerd
    Well, I'm heading off to Melbourne this coming Saturday for the first race of the new Formula One season - and I can't wait.
    It'll be interesting to see how the new rules pan out, whether Schumi will continue to dominate, if the pace of the McLarens and Renaults in testing will turn into race speed, if Williams has fixed their minor problems and if national favourite Mark Webber can get anywhere near the podium.
    Not only that, I'll get a chance to see the V8 Supercars on the support bill for their first race of the year, but that's a different story.
    Thought I'd find out what others tips for qualifying and the podium for Melbourne will be.

Me, I think that either M. Schumacher or Raikkonen will take pole.
    The podium will be M. Schumacher, Raikkonen and Alonso. Though Webber, bouyed by crowd support, will be the dark horse.
    Thoughts?
    If its a high attrition race, Webber might get on the podium if theres some front runners involved in crashes. Both him and Williams have voiced concerns over lack of speed, but like last year, the Ferrari's appeared slower but turned out superior. Heres hoping its the same for Williams, even only so Webber can put on a great show for the crowd. At the start of Winter testing, both him and the team were expecting a podium, now hes only hoping for 6th or 7th, which unfortunately still doesnt better his debut

I think surely one of the McLarens will be up the front. If the F2004M does seriously have a speed disadvantage to the MP4/20 and R25, i think Schueys talent alone should get him at least a podium and then theres the Renault's and BAR's in there as well. Im not expecting much yet out of Fisichella and Heidfeld though, but i guess its like Fisichella could put in a stunning drive.
    I am the Stig

I'm going biased here now and open about it to.
    Shuc-Webber-Button
    I might change my mind after some practice times i shall return
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Thread Information