Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Honda Prelude vs Civic vs Integra

Quote Originally Posted by r34_296kw
    whats a miata?
    Sorry, I forgot

Mazda MX-5, otherwise known as the Miata in North America The ultimate chick car.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    Sorry, I forgot

Mazda MX-5, otherwise known as the Miata in North America The ultimate chick car.
    yes right and here r some pics that i took my self of this car
    Attached Images Attached Images

shes not keen on mazda but on honda so i think she should go for a prelude but she loves civics, she doesnt care wheter they are ugly, slow etc but she loves them but she has second thoughts when she sees preludes, integras etc

I reckon the integra is probably the best blend of practicality, perfromance and reliability, although it is not always the best looking car. It doesn't really noticably lack low end torque except in the Type-R, which is out of your budget anyway. The only reason it is obvious in that car is that the V-TEC switches on like a light and the car explodes into action, making it feel very lethargic when not 'on cam'.

The civic and prelude are both OK, and are built well, but....hey wait a minute! What is she asking you or us for? Why doesn't she go out and drive them for herself to see what she likes?

She could always look good and have fun in a Fiat Barchetta!
    That depends on what your definition of the word 'is' is - US President Bill Clinton

Or an Alfa Romeo 147, pretty sexy.

An I will suggest a Prelude, Intergras are too hardcore and also it's handling. it's quite dangerous if you go fast without understand what the car can do.
    Prelude are most domestic.

Civic are just having a bad image. although they are fast and fun car to drive. (properly maintained and driven that is)

Some ppl just don't know what they are talking about... do they? lol.

Has she seen the S2000? Or is it too pricey?

lol an old MR2(mini ferrari) Cheapest to boost, reliable and probably rare, doubles it own value if boosted, 3 grand gets you to 500 hp in a mr2

Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Unleashed
    Has she seen the S2000? Or is it too pricey?
    2 pricey

which model mr2 gets 500 hp for a 3 grand outlay!? They are good cars though.
    That depends on what your definition of the word 'is' is - US President Bill Clinton

Quote Originally Posted by Nildo
    which model mr2 gets 500 hp for a 3 grand outlay!? They are good cars though.

90-96 MR2 with 3sgte engine, new models can take a bit more, People dont really pay much attention to these cars... really missing out, in my opinion theyre cheaper to fix up than any b series engine and would give you better results... lots of companys selling mr2 turbos for 1-4k... heres one Link and another, Link and a 700 hp+ turbo kit for the Mr2 Link

Hey just tell her to go with what she wants. The civic is an ok car and it'll go ok. But i don't know much about them so just see how much it revs vs the horse power vs the diff ratio just because thats gonna help u determine how long the car is going to last, thats all i can suggest.

Umm no miata

Miata might be a fun car but its only a 2 seater first of all. My brother has a prelude and it has barely enough room for 4 in the car. Its a very fun car to drive and I have driven it. He has had no major problems, except for normal stuff clutch, transmissions, etc.... Like I said its a very fun car. He got it for around $11000 with 64,000 miles. Its a 97 .. He likes it alot but he wants a supra ... I drove my brothers friends civic and thats also a very fun car. Its very slow and has little torque compared to the prelude. I would go with the prelude.. Its a bit bigger of a car and a bit more fun to drive. Hes actually thinkin of selling it.. Intrested email me [email protected].. This isnt an ad... Just I hope it helps

r u in nz, japan, US or where?

Okay laggencam, I follow. But don't believe there is an MR2 worth only $4000 that should be modded anywhere near 500 hp. Also that is just the turbo kit price. How much will it cost to fit? Does it include the brake mods you will need? Transmission mods? Don't forget the sw20 mr2 already needs suspension mods to stop it from spinning!

I agree that it is a good car, and the 3S-GTE is a great engine (much stronger than the Nissan SR20 DET) but modifying a car to that extent is very expensive and makes the car hard to drive. Don't be fooled by big numbers. Besides, the earlier model MR2 is a better car all-round, if not a bit '80's looking.

Thread Information