Thread: HSV Dealer Team set for grand debut V8 Supercars

HSV Dealer Team set for grand debut V8 Supercars

Australia ’s premier high-performance special vehicles sales network has joined forces with one of Australia’s best-performed Holden V8 Supercar teams.

To be known as the Holden Special Vehicles Dealer Team, the new-look outfit will be chasing a Bathurst hat trick in October, as well as a top finish in the V8 Championship Series.

Team owners John and Margaret Kelly welcomed the joint commitment of Holden, HSV and its Dealers, saying the deal was a natural fit.

“The new relationship with the HSV Dealer group and the arrival of Garth Tander to join Rick in our driver line-up this season has re-invigorated the team,” John Kelly said.

“Apart from the addition of Garth – a talented, ready replacement for Greg Murphy – our team personnel are unchanged from last year. They are a young, enthusiastic and tight-knit group that has proved it knows how to win.

“This year, with the support of the HSV Dealer group, we will be looking to extend our Bathurst-winning form to the championship as well.”

HSV Dealers will be looking to leverage the new team’s exposure and track excellence to elevate the excitement surrounding the HSV product. Last year, HSV’s network of 60 Dealers in Australia and NZ sold a class-leading 4050 high-performance cars.

Rick Kelly, who shared double Bathurst glory with Murphy, said he was excited to have the HSV Dealers and HSV backing for the new season.

“Basically, HSV has been family for Todd and I since we moved to Melbourne under the Holden Young Lions program,” he said. “It is going to be really cool to be one of the HSV Dealer Team drivers.”

Rick said Garth Tander had been quickly embraced by the team, and had contributed a valuable new perspective to team activities.

“It is great to have a fresh pair of eyes going over the team to spot opportunities to step up our performance a notch.”

Tander said he was all set for a big season with his new team, and couldn’t wait for the lights to turn green this weekend to kick off season 2005.

Holden’s Executive Director of Sales and Marketing, Ross McKenzie, commented that Holden planned to embrace both the HRT and HSV Dealer Team as a four-car showcase for the Holden and HSV brands, representing just one part of a number of initiatives for 2005.

McKenzie said Holden was serious about winning this year’s Championship, and had done a lot of off-season planning for changes that will translate to track success.

I have always said there was something between the 3 team's. (HRT-PWR-K-mart Racing) Over the years.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

As for that colour scheme - now we'll think there's four HRT cars out there. Couldn't they have made it more different?
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

well what else could they have made it? white with red lions doesnt work. Hopefully theyll be competitive.
    The Datto will rage again...

When HRT can vary their simple livery over the years, these guys should be able to come up with something recognisably different, maybe more black in the front and less red.
    I am the Stig

Yep more HSV red would have been the go i think.

See there comming more out now the HRT Connection there

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    Yep more HSV red would have been the go i think.
    More red?? Can you get any more red?
    I am the Stig

hahaha i just seen i stuffed up I really ment more black for hsv.

why don;t they go devil yellow for the SV6000? that'd be awesome!
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    hahaha i just seen i stuffed up I really ment more black for hsv.
    They stuffed up on the bonnet, the sides are different enough but keeping the same white lion/red background on the bonnet, they couldve worked more of the helmet theme in there from the HSV logo
    I am the Stig

why not the new silver logo for the LS2?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Thread Information