Thread: the new shelby?`

the new shelby?`

does anyone have pics? i hear its the new cobra coupe
    stereotonin

Which one? The Shelby Cobra? They killed that plan, as for the terrible reviews on the looks, and basically turned it into the Shelby GR-1. Other things coming out of Shelby soon: New Shelby Mustang with 550 horsepower and Viper-like acceleration rates, and the reincarnations of the GT500 and 350GT (the GT500 and 350GT are at least 2-3 years from now however, while the Shelby Mustang might come out next year, or late this year, not sure which)
    EDIT: So, yeah, Shelby GR-1, or Shelby Cobra? Shelby Cobra will not be made, and Shelby GR-1 is waiting for the Ford GT production run to end.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

i think the gr-1 is the one im looking for. thanks for the info
    stereotonin

Shelby GR-1. I won't give one of those huge things with specifics down to how die the paint coat is (), but it will have a 600 horsepower 428CID engine called "The Hurricane".

EDIT: The first pic is the Shelby Cobra concept. You can see why that project died........
    Attached Images Attached Images

Actually I like how the Shelby Cobra Concept looks. It's retro yet modern and with a GT chassis and that great V-10 engine what's not to like.

Quote Originally Posted by aNOBLEman
    Actually I like how the Shelby Cobra Concept looks. It's retro yet modern and with a GT chassis and that great V-10 engine what's not to like.
    Meh, looks like a drooping depressed face to me, with some added retarded eyelids........I tdoes look rather retro........but........not for me.

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    They're all too clean looking to me, I'd hoped for something with more attitude myself.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

How about a 428 with 600 horsepower, and an all aluminum body? Thats pretty dam cool

I guess that's pretty cool. But I'd still rather have a 351 Cleveland powered Cobra roadster

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123
    I guess that's pretty cool. But I'd still rather have a 351 Cleveland powered Cobra roadster
    Can't have everything.......Unless you had a Maybach interior in an old caddy, and it had a 600CID V8 pushing 750 Horsepower. Buuuuuut........the chances don't look to good.

I could probably build the Cobra roadster for under 30 grand, maybe even under 20 grand if I try hard. So the chances of that actually aren't bad if I really were going to do it.

I like them both but like the new Cobra better. They had the story of that car on "Rides" and it was very interesting to see the car being developed. And I think it carries on the tradition of the original very well. Styling is always a matter of taste, of course, but the Cobra is about big power in a small package and that destribes this car to a "t".

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123
    I could probably build the Cobra roadster for under 30 grand, maybe even under 20 grand if I try hard. So the chances of that actually aren't bad if I really were going to do it.
    Very true.
    Ucp's #1 Toyota Supra fanatic......still.

2006 Scion tC..
    Forced Induction - Props to Dezod Motorsports & PTuning

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat77
    I like them both but like the new Cobra better. They had the story of that car on "Rides" and it was very interesting to see the car being developed. And I think it carries on the tradition of the original very well. Styling is always a matter of taste, of course, but the Cobra is about big power in a small package and that destribes this car to a "t".
    oh ya I have seen that episode, it's cool they build the car from the frame up. Really inpresive engine looks amazing when they were lowing it into the car.
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    Shelby GR-1. I won't give one of those huge things with specifics down to how die the paint coat is (), but it will have a 600 horsepower 428CID engine called "The Hurricane".

EDIT: The first pic is the Shelby Cobra concept. You can see why that project died........

WOW!!!! what car man i love it ill take one in red...
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Thread Information