Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All my pics are gone :(

All my pics are gone :(

Thats right, all 2.5 gigs of enzo are all gone.

My computer completely shut down and today a technition from best buy's Geek squad came over to try and fix it, but he said all was lost and somehow was able to fix it with the cost of losing all the files.

But...But, 3 weeks ago i saw this crash coming and saved all the pics to cd's. So im really not that frustrated, all i have to do is put them back on my newly freshened up computer. Dont worry i made sure the pictures didnt have viruses in or on them.

Moral of the story....always back up important files!!!!
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

should of odne that withmy PS, but lucally I have a copy on my Dad's laptop, it I can get it working, I cna get it off of there.

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    Thats right, all 2.5 gigs of enzo are all gone.

My computer completely shut down and today a technition from best buy's Geek squad came over to try and fix it, but he said all was lost and somehow was able to fix it with the cost of losing all the files.

But...But, 3 weeks ago i saw this crash coming and saved all the pics to cd's. So im really not that frustrated, all i have to do is put them back on my newly freshened up computer. Dont worry i made sure the pictures didnt have viruses in or on them.

Moral of the story....always back up important files!!!!
    They Formated the HDD. And reinstalled your OS yeah ?
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

if my new hd ever fails ill be pissed. im half tempted to buy like a 40 gig hd cheap and back up the important stuff and just store it away until i need it.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    They Formated the HDD. And reinstalled your OS yeah ?
    yeah thats not really fixing it its more like giving up/surrenduring with the enemy (in this case the enemy is the virus) and signing a treaty where the enemy goes away but he takes away all your belongings (not take away, but u get it)
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

Yep thats the hardest thing software, Once it's corrupted it's a bitch to fix. I have really no idea on how to fix stuffed up software at all. Would be good if Microsoft could make a software fixer
    But yeah i have many times gave up to the devils that's why i rekon i have a spindal of cd's with all my junk on it
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

How could an HD just shut down? That never happened to me and should never happento anyone, unless the hd was tampered with. For me, a hd crashing seems like an inexcuseable thing.
    "To control 800 horsepower relying just on arm muscles and foot sensitivity can turn out to be a dangerous exercise."
    Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf03
    How could an HD just shut down? That never happened to me and should never happento anyone, unless the hd was tampered with. For me, a hd crashing seems like an inexcuseable thing.
    Sorry, dude - you're wrong. Hard drives physically fail all the time. That's the whole reason companies do backups.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrmann
    should of odne that withmy PS, but lucally I have a copy on my Dad's laptop, it I can get it working, I cna get it off of there.
    I'm SOOOOOO glad you didn't pin your frustratoi non Windows for once!

Yeah, similar thing happened to me. My computer crashed and all of my Boston, NY, Chicago, DC, etc... pix were gone. A stroke of luck got 'em back-so I ssaved them immeaditely to CD's and to my iPod's hard drive.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

"The requirements said, "Windows 98 or better", so I installed Linux" <<good quote.

but well, there's always recovery programs incase something like this happens.
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

I'd backed up my pictures to a DVD about 6 months before my HD died last summer but at that time, I didn't have an external drive to do regular backups and I lost hundreds of pictures as well as having to start everything from scratch when I got the new comptuer. Now I back up at least once a week, or if I get something exceptionally good -- like Matt's Cobra and Ford GT pics from last week -- I *immediately back them up to make sure I don't lose them. Takes a little time, but it's worth it for the peace of mind.

if your hd dies and you have windows xp, can you do the reset back to a given date and retrieve all the info? or is that impossible? (in which case ill get burning now..)
    IF ANYBODY KNOWS ANY INFO REGARDING FERRARI ENZO SERIAL NUMBERS/ (COLORS IN) LOCATIONS/ ANYTHING AT ALL THAT IS RELATED TO THIS....PM ME WHAT YOU KNOW. THANKS

"The Ferrari is the girl you bring home to your parents. The Lamborghini is the wild slut you sleep with on the weekend." -Road & Track

brazilians are hot

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Sorry, dude - you're wrong. Hard drives physically fail all the time. That's the whole reason companies do backups.
    Yes, my power supply saw fit to take out my hard drive and apparently my mother board and processor. Take my advice, if your power supply starts buzzing, you get blue screen warnings or you hear clunking souunds in you hard drive, replace the funking power supply. For a 100 bucks you can stop it doing damage to other parts.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by gbrown37
    if your hd dies and you have windows xp, can you do the reset back to a given date and retrieve all the info? or is that impossible? (in which case ill get burning now..)
    My hard drive wouldnt spin. I put it in other computers and its is dead.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia
    Quote Originally Posted by SPHFerrari
    if my new hd ever fails ill be pissed. im half tempted to buy like a 40 gig hd cheap and back up the important stuff and just store it away until i need it.
    same here.... i have 8 full episodes of top gear! and i hundreds of songs and pics... i havent make a single back up... i better make some tonight.

i'm so stupid.
    "Rejection is better than regret. It's better to try and know you did your part, than to spend the rest of your days wishing you had tried"

Thread Information