Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ferrari Dino (206 GT & 246 GT/GTS) 1968–1974

Perhaps it is interesting to note that the yellow one (at least in post #43) is one of the very rare 206 GTs...See chassis number on picture number 2
    Outwardly the 206 and 246 can be distinghuised by the position of the doorlock...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Ferrari Dino #19
    Attached Images Attached Images

Three and a half years later I still refuse to call it a Ferrari.

Dino 246 GT #20
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Dino 246 GTS #21

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Three and a half years later I still refuse to call it a Ferrari.
    If you owned one tho would you want people thinking you had a classic Italian sports car or a hyperactive animated purple dinosaur sitting in your garage.

Quote Originally Posted by RSOWNER View Post
    If you owned one tho would you want people thinking you had a classic Italian sports car or a hyperactive animated purple dinosaur sitting in your garage.
    I'm not a Ferrari man, and in any case there's always the inverse snobbery of not having a Ferrari badge on the bonnet.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I'm not a Ferrari man, and in any case there's always the inverse snobbery of not having a Ferrari badge on the bonnet.
    I'm not a huge fan either Ferrer an early coachbuilt Alfa would do me just as well Not for snobbery tho, just because of the beautiful flowing bodylines. It'd have to be something usable like the Dino as well, not a trailor queen.

The manufacturer i am fond of also starts with F "Ford" mostly the '60s to late '70s European models (hence in part i chose this username) but i also like the early Mustangs, actually i'm pretty partial to any of the muscle cars to be honest. All of which including the Dino fit within my preferred 20 year timespan of most desired cars.

The manufacturer i am fond of also starts with F "Ford" mostly the '60s to late '70s European models (hence in part i chose this username)
    Always thought it had something to do with Audis....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Always thought it had something to do with Audis....
    It could have been the RS moniker has been so widely used through-out the years. I had a couple of guys on a sim racing forum think it was Porsche, god forbid tho that someone might think it was Renault Sport.

It could have been the RS moniker has been so widely used through-out the years. I had a couple of guys on a sim racing forum think it was Porsche, god forbid tho that someone might think it was Renault Sport.
    which actually begs the question, what was the first brand to use it? My bet currently stands on Veritas, but there actually might pre-war stuff. BMW motorcycles maybe?

The Veritas RS would put it at 1947 yes ? That would pre-date my first assumption of the 1954-55 Porsche 550 RS Spyders, the earliest car using it in my database of currently 389 makes + 7450 models (I've only recently come across the Veritas brand while researching early BMW's but haven't added them yet since details are pretty sketchy that i've read so far).

Who would have thought my username could spark off such an intriguing question.
    Last edited by RSOWNER; 12-10-2009 at 10:10 AM.

Thread Information