Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: long awaited- why i like the prius.

long awaited- why i like the prius.

well the thing is that I hate how everyone wants big mombo bombo SUVS and they use them just to take little Jimmy to school, and thus making the gas prices go sky high (2.00 per gallon yikes!) and then when I heard of it via Gran Turismo, I liked it at first sight, with it's bold styling such and suck I automatically liked it, and then I really started to like it when I learned that it was a Hybrid that got a claimed 60 MPG, with 800 Miles per Tank, with no external charging. I also like how it can accomindate all these nice convcience features, and be comfortable with a small moneravle body, with pleanty of legroiom and all the practically in the car that is still able to have good looking styling. and plus it has the awesoome reliability record of outstanding reliability with very little trouble- a defant suprise considering it's a Hybrid.

then when I went on Toyota.com, I learned about the new Prius, and on other websites, i learned about it's success, awards and all the rave from consumer magazines. plus it is still roomy while having one of the lowest CD ratios of any car in the world, but it still has good head room. then this year at the auto show, I got to sit in one! well, some of the materials felt cheap, perferabliy the rear armrest, but all in all it was a good comfy car, the displays looked very complicated, but really, I mastered them in under 5 minutes, i showed my dad and my best friend around the car, and they both liked them, ad I liked it too, I examined it inside and out, and I was not dissapointed at all, and I even got my pic taken in it! but really I juts love it's practicility, and the fact that's it's a ybrid that is practical and normal to drive, and is rated higher than all other hybrids and it also feels like a real car., and the fact that's a Hybrid and the oil supplie's only last hope.

I can name something , cheaper, more reliable, better mileage, more easily fixed, and not made in Japan.... and just as fast
    <drumrole>

Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    I can name something , cheaper, more reliable, better mileage, more easily fixed, and not made in Japan.... and just as fast
    <drumrole>

Bicycle
    Lol.

Anyway, I'm all for the development of Hybridcars and alternative sources of enery for driving. BUT, the Prius promises more than it delivers, the stated 60mpg isn't realistic in everyday driving. As TopGear's Jeremy said: "get a diesel in stead"...
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

well diesels are not sold in ths US unlike you spoiled brits.

you are so spoiled, you ghet Venturi, Ford galaxys, Renult....

Thats not spoiled. Thats lucky motherf*cking b*tches who happen to have very nice cars running around.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

"long awaited"
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

Quote Originally Posted by Karrmann

Yes they are, my mom's vw beetle tdi gets 50 mpg.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

the only diesals we get here in the states are vw golf tdis and jetta tdis

well we get more but those are the only 2 id actually buy

Quote Originally Posted by Karrmann

I'm not brittish. Anyway I don't think it's spoiling, we just have different cars in europe... and are in general a bit more "aware" of our enviroment (ref. to the Kyoto protocol etc..) Don't worry you'll get the cars too eventually.
    (and the metric system)
    (and the brits'll learn how to drive on the RIGHT side of the road)

*joke*
    - Are YOU listed? -

then this year at the auto show, I got to sit in one! well, some of the materials felt cheap, perferabliy the rear armrest, but all in all it was a good comfy car, the displays looked very complicated, but really, I mastered them in under 5 minutes,
    whats with you and rear armrests?
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    That's where he's sitting...
    - Are YOU listed? -

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang

no that's one place where the materials felt cheap, and oando, i'm allowed in the fornt seat, i'm 12, not 6.

(Dude I want to warn before someone points it out: SUVs are not why gas prices are so high, although they don't help it they aren't the cause. There are several million reasons, many of which I am unaware of but its not soley SUVs. it has to do with the World Oild Output for the said week and such OPEC comes together and they set prices based on the demand and how much is being pumped. The less that is being pumped and the higher demand, the higher the price. I think.)

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver
    (Dude I want to warn before someone points it out: SUVs are not why gas prices are so high, although they don't help it they aren't the cause. There are several million reasons, many of which I am unaware of but its not soley SUVs. it has to do with the World Oild Output for the said week and such OPEC comes together and they set prices based on the demand and how much is being pumped. The less that is being pumped and the higher demand, the higher the price. I think.)
    How OPEC works, the short version: OPEC is only legal since it consists of countries not companies inside a country and is hence the biggest cartel in the world. A cartel(illegal in most countries since it benefits companies, not the public good) is two or more parts that are producing the same product setting a price for the product and therfore not competing with one another. This benefits the companies, because with great competition prices go down and they dont make as much profit. So the oil producing coutries decided to work together, in this way they can sell the oil at a higher price (since its the only price, and people need oil) than if they'd compete with each other.
    They meet usually once a year to set the price, but graphs have shown that the price they set is usually the highest price oil will have that year and it will begin to drop from then(unless there is wars, or other major events that leads to a change). The reason why the prices drop is GREED. "If everyone is selling the same oil for the same price and make nice profits, why dont I sell it for $.05 less a barrel and more ppl would like to buy it from me and I'll make even more money". This ofcoure is against the OPEC rules and could at worst brake up the whole union. Many of the countries break these rules every year, since it isn't easy for a union to punish a country. They have all kinds of sanctions, but sometimes the countries still win by breaking the "rules". One country that broke the rules time after time and ignored the sanctions until another member country invaded it was Kuwait in the 1990. The invading country was of course Iraq. It's just like a mod banning a member since the member didn't follow the rules of the forum. But Kuwait had made alot of "friends" since it was selling it's oil cheaper than others.(its big money) One of those "friends" was the United States. Which was more than glad to help(since it was promised nice oil-deals too) . It's like the banned guy's big stereoid-using friend beating up the mod for banning the guy. And also it's easy to justify a war like that, you are just protecting "the weak" and since the public doesn't know whats going on "the innocent". Propaganda is a powerful tool.
    - Are YOU listed? -

^^^good explanation

Karrman theres plenty of cars that are like that. Its just that the Prius is a Hybrid and everyone thinks "oooo ahhh special!" and it is a bit, but really its over rated.

Although i commend you for maintaining your loyalty to it given how much crap youve copped over liking it so much
    The Datto will rage again...

Thread Information