Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: long awaited- why i like the prius.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrmann
    well the thing is that I hate how everyone wants big mombo bombo SUVS and they use them just to take little Jimmy to school, and thus making the gas prices go sky high (2.00 per gallon yikes!) and then when I heard of it via Gran Turismo, I liked it at first sight, with it's bold styling such and suck I automatically liked it, and then I really started to like it when I learned that it was a Hybrid that got a claimed 60 MPG, with 800 Miles per Tank, with no external charging. I also like how it can accomindate all these nice convcience features, and be comfortable with a small moneravle body, with pleanty of legroiom and all the practically in the car that is still able to have good looking styling. and plus it has the awesoome reliability record of outstanding reliability with very little trouble- a defant suprise considering it's a Hybrid.

then when I went on Toyota.com, I learned about the new Prius, and on other websites, i learned about it's success, awards and all the rave from consumer magazines. plus it is still roomy while having one of the lowest CD ratios of any car in the world, but it still has good head room. then this year at the auto show, I got to sit in one! well, some of the materials felt cheap, perferabliy the rear armrest, but all in all it was a good comfy car, the displays looked very complicated, but really, I mastered them in under 5 minutes, i showed my dad and my best friend around the car, and they both liked them, ad I liked it too, I examined it inside and out, and I was not dissapointed at all, and I even got my pic taken in it! but really I juts love it's practicility, and the fact that's it's a ybrid that is practical and normal to drive, and is rated higher than all other hybrids and it also feels like a real car., and the fact that's a Hybrid and the oil supplie's only last hope.
    Mmm hmm. The only thing that I agree with in your post are those two words. Buy a diesel if you want good milage.

(that's called typOWNAGE right there)

Rofl
    Quote Originally Posted by Karrman
    I got to sit in one!
    YEAY!! I got to sit in a 20,000 heap o' junk!! Kick @$$.

Oh wait, does karrman know sware words yet? Or does, "heck" and "stupid" still phaze him?
    Last edited by carlover; 03-21-2005 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t
    Running on vegtable oil looses a bit of performance. The prius was made because they could sell it, especially to the Americans who have much diesel and everyone else who is too vain to want to drive a car that sounds like that.
    Obviously it was made for money, but I don't think our Karrmann here has the ability to accept that fact. And who cares if vegetable oil looses performance? The Prius clearly isn't a performance car, and I don't think the target market for the Prius is a common racecar fanatic, it's set for enviromentally aware people...so don't you think no emissions would sell better in that group than low emissions?
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Thread Information