Standard Transmission: 4-Speed Automatic Overdrive

Toyota Camry XLE V6

Year: 1994
    Engine: 3.0L 188 hp V6
    Standard Transmission: 4-Speed Automatic Overdrive
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Fasten seat belt while seated

wouldt ...vs avalon be better?
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

The Avalon wasn't around then. Diamante for me, but not that ugly one in the picture.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

I'll take the 929. Very under-rated car, we get lots of Jap-imported ones, comfortable and refined.

Toyota for me. From what ive heard the Mitsubishi is a very bland car .. although the others arent much better. Not the Mazda because I used to know someone with a Mazda of that age and it felt "tinny".

Put a ( none of them ) in the poll... i don't drive autos, or woud ever buy one
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    The Avalon wasn't around then.
    Yes it was.
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

Get the 929, I own a 92' one fully loaded with the 12 speaker panasonic audio system with am fm cassette 6 disc cd changer with amp, solar panel moonroof that charges the battery and turns on fans that keep the car cool while it is parked, and heated seats. There were even some with in car phones. The 929 is BEAUTIFUL inside and out,mine is always mistaken for a lexus or Jag or something, and I'm always recieving comments on how nice it is. It rides excellently and is very very quiet. The car is built VeRY solidly and is tough as a tank. It weighs about the same as a Mercedes S-Class (the 929 weighs 4500lbs!). Even as heavy as it is it IS NOT sluggish at all. Lastly, it is extremely reliable, mine has 230,000 miles on it and it still hasn't had any major problems at all, even though it is very neglected. Unlike the Diamonte and especially the camry, the 929 is very rare, you wont see one very often at all. The 929 overall is an absoultely excellent car, I highly highly highly recommend it.

Here's a good review on the 929.

http://www.hardrive.com/reviews/mazda929.htm

Some things were improved on the 94' 929, such as no cupholders in the 92'.
    Last edited by JayD; 02-15-2005 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by d-quik
    Yes it was.
    I can't find any pictures or info on it. The earliest I can find is 1995. Care to shed some light?
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

i have to say the mazda. but it was kinda random for me cuz i didn't recognise the cars. just a guess and the mazda turned out to be the most popular yay!
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

my dad has a '92 929 in white. before that he had a '91 929. i'll go with mazda coz toyotas & mits are very very common & i really like it coz its very comfortable & spacious. the trunk is very spacious & the body is very strong. my dad has had small accidents & the body is still intact.
    the diamante is called "galant" & the 929 in the pic is called "Xedos 9" where i live. mazda were having very poor sales until they launched the Atenza/6 & 3.

Thank you sir! I have been surfing the net trying to find information about this car. There is one for sale and I had never seen one before and I think its going quite cheap because of hard to get parts here in New Zealand. I will be test driving it tomorrow and on the strength of your post am very excited about it. The photos I saw of it are just all class - the car looks amazing.

Fingers crossed it drives as well as it looks. '94 Mazda Sentia

Quote Originally Posted by JayD
    Get the 929, I own a 92' one fully loaded with the 12 speaker panasonic audio system with am fm cassette 6 disc cd changer with amp, solar panel moonroof that charges the battery and turns on fans that keep the car cool while it is parked, and heated seats. There were even some with in car phones. The 929 is BEAUTIFUL inside and out,mine is always mistaken for a lexus or Jag or something, and I'm always recieving comments on how nice it is. It rides excellently and is very very quiet. The car is built VeRY solidly and is tough as a tank. It weighs about the same as a Mercedes S-Class (the 929 weighs 4500lbs!). Even as heavy as it is it IS NOT sluggish at all. Lastly, it is extremely reliable, mine has 230,000 miles on it and it still hasn't had any major problems at all, even though it is very neglected. Unlike the Diamonte and especially the camry, the 929 is very rare, you wont see one very often at all. The 929 overall is an absoultely excellent car, I highly highly highly recommend it.

Glad to hear you're going with the 929...write back here to tell me if you got it

Thread Information