View Poll Results: which car is lamer?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chevy SSR

51 66.23%
  • Plymouth Prowler

26 33.77%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: SSR vs prowler: which one is lamer?

I've got a V8, my 400 horses gotta smoke you ....................

Quote Originally Posted by Focks
    As long as you are going to bash the SSR do try and keep up. The parts from GM are forthcoming, and problems are being worked out.
    And this is because of why? A bunch of you guys probably had to complain about there not being parts for the truck/car. How about addressing some of the problems I listed with them? Is it not true that there are owners of the SSR waiting months and months for door handle parts? What about body panels?

So I think I am not only keeping up but am a little ahead of the game.

And would you please tell us all what vehicle out there has ZERO problems. Obviously you cannot since there has never been anything made that does not have its problems. Fortunately for the SSR owner there is a SSRFanatc website where ownsers can go to discuss problems and find solutions.
    Isn't this the same website where if you say anythign against the SSR or GM you get bashed.. I have been there and saw this for myself... As far as vehicles being trouble free..there arn't any, but for a vehicle in the price range of this one they could have at least done some quality control.

What about them cutting and welding a trailblazer frame together to make that thing?

Feel free to hold your breath on this one. In time the SSR's value will climb, but ROME was not built in a day.
    So it is like buying stock maybe it will go up maybe it will go down? There are dealers buying used 05 SSR'S for under $20k...LOL and these things sticker for almost $50k....

Well ya got me on that one, and your point..? Even the original paint of the Aqua Blur, was somethign spectacular. I just chose to spend a little extra and get a patriotic blend. I guarantee, the SSR owners get more bobbing heads and thumbs up from people then you ever got on your Turbo Beetle.

The aqua blur was nothing special either. Ford did a paint scheme like this on the mustang a few years ago before the SSR and it to changed colors... So please do not say that aqua blur was a special deal..

And as far as seeing people give me thumbs up or nod there head..Ii am not a poser nor do iI need someone else to tell me my car is cool.. Beside's you SSR guys would not have to much of a chance to even stay within a couple car lengths of me to give the thumbs up or down. But I will say this.. My little 74 beetle is worth almost 3 times what it was in 74 and is still climbing..This is a trend that the SSR is not keeping up with.

Personally for me, I like the Prowler, but I am 6' 5". Besides having a truely classic look, the SSR is something I can fit in comfortably. While I like the Prowler, it is desgned for the vertically challenged, while the SSR is not
    Classic look? It does not know if it is a 50 chevy, a 75 elcamino or a week attempt at a corvette...

Enjoy the truck/car but please do not try and make this thing into something it isn't...

SSR:
    + 400hp V8, optional 6-spd manual transmission
    - its ugly, its not a proper truck

Prowler:
    + retro, front suspension works like one on f1 cars, junior viper
    - needs a manual and a v8. viper is wayyyyyy faster. dashboard represents one from caravan

Verdict: SSR. mainly because it is ugly and its not a proper truck. the Ram SRT-10 is stupidly powerful, but its still a proper truck
    I am the Stig

Ferrari Constructors Champions 2007

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    I voted Prowler. Doesn't have the muscle or the exhaust note to back up its attitude, nor can you get it with stick.

The SS/R is still pretty stupid because...it's a pickup that you can't really use for pickup things, but IMHO is one of the best looking modern vehicles that's made, has a V8 (albeit not an overly impressive one for a vehicle of the SS/R's considerable weight), and...you can get stickshift!
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

SSR just sucks...Prowlers are faster, and rarer.

I never got why they didn't offer the Prowler with a standard transmission. I love the car, because I think it has great character, but the fact that it only comes in automatic kind of ruins it for me. As for the SSR, I have an appreciation for things that are different, its in my good books.

Quote Originally Posted by Gtek-i
    SSR just sucks...Prowlers are faster, and rarer.
    Well you are wrong on the Prowler being faster, but hey no one is perfect all the time...

Where did the SSR guy go... He never answered any of my questions...

Quote Originally Posted by ashes2ashes View Post
    Ok..if you say so.. I guess it is all relative...But 190hp for a sports car as heavy as a Mustang isn't really much...
    Mustangs are not all that heavy. In fact, the 99-04 V6 weighs in and around a new civic's weight. The 190 horses it has are plenty to get in a load of trouble with. A friend of mine has one, and when launched nicely it actually shoves you into your seat.
    Now up the power by 60 more horses to that of the Prowler's, and shed a couple hundred pounds to about the weight of my RSX, and in my opinion you've got yourself a ferocious little car that can hardly be called underpowered. Horse power is not what makes or breaks a car. It is how the engineers have made the car weigh accordingly to the power it puts out. Sure, the SSR may have a "whopping" 300 or 400 (whatever the number) horses, but all that power has considerably more weight to budge than the "whimpy" V6 of the light prowler.
    I'll tell you what's underpowered. My father's early 80's diesel G-Class mercedes which could be beaten in an uphill race by a pirate with a peg leg.
    Underpowered is not a prowler.
    I also think that its a beautiful car which makes an excellent representation of an American Hot Rod for the masses. Its a shame that so many people find it ugly and useless to the point that its being compared in a battle of "what's more lame" next to a pick up truck that thinks its a sports car.

p.s. sorry for reviving an old thread. Just wanted to throw my thoughts and opinions out there.

SSR. Who wants a convertible pickup?

Besides, there's no place to put a gun rack.

An answer to a question no one asked.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Besides, there's no place to put a gun rack.
    valid point

Quote Originally Posted by RobPorsche View Post
    valid point
    it's one of the few reasons to buy a pick up i guess...i think the ssr is embarrassing. at least driving a prowler in a city where no one understand something about cars will bring you some attention of the type "whooooooo....what's that?", while with an ssr it would be something like "oh my man jebus, what happened to your truck, dude?! did it eat to much candies?! it's a stupid girly version of a light truck?! maybe it's your girlfriend's car...no wait, the car IS your girlfriend! now it all makes sense..."
    Last edited by LeonOfTheDead; 05-05-2008 at 03:45 PM.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by RobPorsche View Post
    valid point
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    it's one of the few reasons to buy a pick up i guess...i think the ssr is embarrassing. at least driving a prowler in a city where no one understand something about cars will bring you some attention of the type "whooooooo....what's that?", while with an ssr it would be somethinf like "oh my man jebus, what happened to your truck, dude?! did it eat to much candy?! it's a stupid girly version of a light truck?! maybe it's your car girlfriend...no wait, the car IS your girlfriend! now it all makes sense..."
    LOL.

I've actually seen a couple around. The only reason why I notice them is because so few people have bought them.

Way to go Chevy- the ironic thing is that they can build trucks- and then they come up with this. What were they smoking?

I thought there would be no better place to introduce myself....bob, 2000 prowler owner...there is an advantage to owning this odd and slow(your words not mine) car, when i go to a car meet it's the only prowler there(made less than 12,000 of them) and if i can find a place to park among the 35 vettes and 45 mustangs my car gets all the attention. you can pull your 911 into the gas station at 100 mph and people will look over and say "cool", i can pull in a 5 mph and people will come over to see it..we all have a right to our opinions and i like to look at all cars and so many are represented here i'm sure i'm going to enjoy this site...bob, oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by BOBSKAT View Post
    I thought there would be no better place to introduce myself....bob, 2000 prowler owner...there is an advantage to owning this odd and slow(your words not mine) car, when i go to a car meet it's the only prowler there(made less than 12,000 of them) and if i can find a place to park among the 35 vettes and 45 mustangs my car gets all the attention. you can pull your 911 into the gas station at 100 mph and people will look over and say "cool", i can pull in a 5 mph and people will come over to see it..we all have a right to our opinions and i like to look at all cars and so many are represented here i'm sure i'm going to enjoy this site...bob, oklahoma
    While admittedly, I was in the 'Prowler is slow and overpriced' crowd, I definitely have to agree with what you're saying. Everytime I see a Prowler I do a double-take.. it's an attention grabber for sure, and it does look quite cool.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Thread Information